Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Who knows, but I'm not risking someone's wrath if it ruins their whole year

Radio Times reveals all the missing titles too apparantly...has this been mentioned already? Episode 13's title is quite interesting.

Pip Madeley Guest

I like episode 5's title too, that's very classic series.

I don't think the Judoon face counts as spoiler - for one thing, there's nothing on the cover to point out that it is a Judoon. It could be Martha's Mum for all I know!

@Andrew.

The Judoon were all over the trailer at the end of 'The Runaway Bride', weren't they? Faces and everything!

I just wanted to use the term "Facial Spoiler". Expect me to start a "Facial Spoiler Alert!" thread first chance I get. Apologies to Pip.

"Facial Spoiler!?" The mind boggles......

I bought both covers, I'm afraid, but not at the same time. That would just look sad...

I've only glanced at the features, for fear of spoiilers, though I must admit the episode titles all look very intriguing...

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    Well, you have to remember that it's usually only the hardcore fans who will buy both.
    So why do the phrases Milky Tears and chaos in WH Smiths come to mind?

Captain Tancredi Guest

My problem is that the series itself can't possibly be as exciting as its preview- this is in many ways my favourite part of a season, before the duff supporting performances, misjudged gags and at least one episode which reminds you that this is something you really ought to have given up on twenty years ago. While it's all theoretical, it's perfect- once it's out there, it's flawed and the feet of clay are there for all to see.

The new Radio Times has a cool, wide 'Life On Mars' cover (an awesome 11/10) while 'The Shakespeare Code' gets a positively glowing write-up in the Choices preview for Saturday.

That gatefold cover is very UNcool. It keeps unfolding and getting in the way whenever I lift the magazine up.

Also is ours the only household where one or other of us always plonks the Radio Times down in the kitchen to read it, inevitably in an unwise spot that gets the cover all wet.

Si.

I only read my copy once, on the day of purchase, before storing it in a special box for eternity and ever. I've not missed an issue since October 1990.

We keep all the Doctor Who issues, and I have no idea why.

Si.

No good asking us then...

Pip Madeley Guest

From OG:

The new edition of Radio Times out today confirms that Gridlock - episode three of Series Three - will be shown on April 21 rather than April 14 if the FA Cup semi-final between Manchester United and Watford, which precedes it, goes into extra time/penalties, as reported by Outpost Gallifrey on April 7.

How this would affect subsequent episodes is unknown. According to the "Next week in RT" banner at the back of the new edition of the listings magazine, Radio Times is planning a cover story for its edition dated 21-27 April to coincide with the start of the Dalek two-parter, which had been scheduled to go out on April 21 and 28.

A little milky part of me is hoping it's delayed just to witness the massive "Football sucks! Why can't they stick it on BBC2? I don't pay my bloody TV Tax for this!! I'm thick as ****!! Doctor Who is the only TV programme I've watched in 25 years. 'Gridlock' looked crap anyway! Sport disgusts me! What about the kids? TV talent reality vote for me shows are for bloody chavs! I have no idea how TV scheduling/broadcasting live shows and sport on the same night works. Enough with Norton already! Rooney MUST DIE!! What about Confidential? Watford have raped my Boe lovin' childhood!" bitchfest on the Who forums.

It would be superb stuff, wouldn't it!?

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    A little milky part of me is hoping it's delayed just to witness the massive "Football sucks! Why can't they stick it on BBC2? I don't pay my bloody TV Tax for this!! I'm thick as ****!! Doctor Who is the only TV programme I've watched in 25 years. 'Gridlock' looked crap anyway! Sport disgusts me! What about the kids? TV talent reality vote for me shows are for bloody chavs! I have no idea how TV scheduling/broadcasting live shows and sport on the same night works. Enough with Norton already! Rooney MUST DIE!! What about Confidential? Watford have raped my Boe lovin' childhood!" bitchfest on the Who forums.

well there were a few people on P.S getting hot under the coller last year when the football delayed the start of Doctor Who if it causes it's postponment O.G is going to go super nova.

I wouldn't be upset. We're away this weekend and a postponment would work out well for us...

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    well there were a few people on P.S getting hot under the coller last year when the football delayed the start of Doctor Who if it causes it's postponment O.G is going to go super nova.
    James Lindsay with his countless usernames makes up about 40% of all the rabid fanboy posts on OG anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    James Lindsay with his countless usernames makes up about 40% of all the rabid fanboy posts on OG anyway
    Lindsay only has one OG account!

Newsround (well, probably Lizo) are also on the case:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/6542525.stm

At least DWM won't be delayed again.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post

Oh please, make it happen!

Mind you, if Man. Utd. play half as well as they did last night, then we've got nothing to worry about.

The cast list conforms the return of another character from last year (yay!), while the preview in Saturday's Choices is rather intriguing, with its mention of a 'reward' for fans with memories strectching back 40-odd years...

Elsewhere, there's news of free stickers and a chance to get a free sticker book (yes, a new one!) next week, and it seems like we might get another Dalek-tastic cover...

Sounds like tomorrow's Radio Times cover will rape my Dalek lovin' childhood and totally destroy the rest of my life! It'll be carnage on the forums!

LINK CONTAINS DALEK SPOILERS!
    http://www.radiotimes.com/content/magazine/

We're doomed!

Brian J. Robb has already been saying some worrying things over on Roobarb's. That must mean it's a cracking story.
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 16th Apr 2007 at 5:49 PM. Reason: to add link to cover

Doctor Who Online and Freema Agyeman.com have a bigger version of the cover:

LINKS CONTAINS DALEK SPOILERS!
    http://www.drwho-online.co.uk/news/n...s-21-27-4-2007

http://freemaagyeman.com/news/2007/0...-april-2007/1/

I look forward to seeing the pensioner reaction in WH Smith tomorrow.
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 16th Apr 2007 at 7:18 PM. Reason: Spoiler Warning... even though the pic will be everywhere by the end of the week. ;)

Jesus, that is SCARY!!!

(If a little spoiler-ish...)

There are already a lot of fans saying it's laughable. It ain't no Roboman, is it!?