Default Michael Jackson - Thriller 25

""""""""The Biggest Album Ever just got bigger. The 25th Anniversary Edition of Thriller celebrates this ground-breaking album with 7 bonus tracks, six of which are previously unreleased. The new tracks include exclusive remixes from Kanye West, Fergie, will.i.am and Akon along with a previously unreleased track from the Thriller sessions, "For All Time," newly mixed and mastered by Michael Jackson. Also included is a BONUS DVD with new, digitally restored versions of the three videos from the album as well as the Michael Jackson's groundbreaking performance of "Billie Jean" on the "Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever" television special (first broadcast on NBC May 16, 1983).
    Also included in all versions of the release is a new personal greeting from Michael Jackson to his fans penned exclusively for this special release."""""""

Is anyone else excited about this? I have already listened to the new version of Wanna Be Startin Something which is special!

I hate to sound cynical but there's little here that I'm excited about. The videos for "Billie Jean" et al must have been released onto DVD at least six times already, and even apparently unreleased tracks like "For All Time" I'm sure we have somewhere! Are they not on the rarities box set released a couple of years back?

Most dissapointing of all is that the Will.I.Am remix appears to be the only fruit of the apparently "new" material people were talking about when Will and Jacko were shot in a studio together last year. And Jackson hasn't even bothered recording a new vocal for it!

This is nice, but it's a shame it's being released before any new material.

Si.

Wanna be startin something with Akon has brand new vocals from Michael. It sounds great!

Like Si, I find it hard to get excited about this release, Thriller never really thrilled me from the start, I preferred Off The Wall, and still think that's a better album.
    It's all very well for Jacko to record new vocals but I feel he should be concentrating on getting his career back on track with new stuff rather than re-visit old stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Morgan View Post
    Like Si, I find it hard to get excited about this release, Thriller never really thrilled me from the start, I preferred Off The Wall, and still think that's a better album.
    It's all very well for Jacko to record new vocals but I feel he should be concentrating on getting his career back on track with new stuff rather than re-visit old stuff.
    I do agree with both Si and Stephen regarding new material. I do feel though that as Thriller is such a classic album, re-releasing it with a fresh feel from more modern relevant artistes could be just the way to remind people what Michael JAckson was actually famous for and then hopefully paving the way for new material.

Wanna be startin something with Akon has brand new vocals from Michael. It sounds great!
    That should have been the single then, yet "The Girl Is Mine" with 1982 vocals is already available on downloads. Argh!!

I see your point about reminding people how good he could be though Dave, hopefully this might set the scene for some new stuff very soon.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    That should have been the single then, yet "The Girl Is Mine" with 1982 vocals is already available on downloads. Argh!!

I see your point about reminding people how good he could be though Dave, hopefully this might set the scene for some new stuff very soon.

Si.
    I believe it was the first single in America. There is a link to it on the offy website. www.michaeljackson.com

"The Girls Is Mine" was the first single from "Thriller" back in the days of yore was it not so you can see the logic behind the new version being the (presumably) first single from the re-release. Sadly it's the worst single from the album by quite a long way!

It's a shame the re-issue doesn't tack on "Say, Say, Say" and "We Are The World" which have never made it to a Michael album as far as I'm aware.

I wonder if the 02 concert rumours are true? I hope so but it's hard to imagine him performing a two hour show these days when he looks so gaunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    "The Girls Is Mine" was the first single from "Thriller" back in the days of yore was it not so you can see the logic behind the new version being the (presumably) first single from the re-release. Sadly it's the worst single from the album by quite a long way!

It's a shame the re-issue doesn't tack on "Say, Say, Say" and "We Are The World" which have never made it to a Michael album as far as I'm aware.

I wonder if the 02 concert rumours are true? I hope so but it's hard to imagine him performing a two hour show these days when he looks so gaunt.
    I do hope the O2 rumours are true, although, I thought we would have heard something by now if it was due to happen this year. I thought Michael looked really well in some of his recent magazine shoots. Gauntness never stopped the some of the Spice Girls from pulling it off!

Dave x

Gauntness never stopped the some of the Spice Girls from pulling it off!
    Oooooooh get her!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Oooooooh get her!

Si.
    Sorry, couldn't resist!

Dave x