Default Queen Plan "We Will Rock You" Sequel

The cash cow still has milk in its swollen udders!

Queen's Brian May and comedian Ben Elton are working on a sequel to the musical We Will Rock You.

The West End show, which is based around Queen's back catalogue, opened in 2002, and has been running ever since at London's Dominion Theatre.

Guitarist Brian May has now confirmed a follow-up is in production.

He told The Independent: "We have been talking about it for a long time. Now Ben has supplied us with a fabulous script the train is rolling! Watch out!"
    Is this a good idea? Would you go? And given that all the hits have been used up on the first show, will it feature new versions of "The Hitman" and "Fairy Feller's Master Stroke"?

Si.

There are plenty of excellent Queen songs out there which weren't hits. The problem is though, how many members of the general public will want to pay to see songs they don't know peformed? Shows like this depend on the inclusion of plenty of hits to ensure success.

They were talking about this as far back as 2003. Now it seems to be happening. The current theory is it will run alongside the original with the working title Heaven For Everyone.

And if it's got The Show Must Go On and Is The World We Created in it, I'll buy a ticket.

I've not yet seen the Queen stage show... but really want to.

How many of the Queen hits are actually in the show?
    Geoff

There are 26 songs used in the show.

My review

We Will Rock You