Default "Gridlock" up for American Award!

Slightly obscure! Did America miss the subplot with the elderly lesbians?

An episode from the last series of Doctor Who has been nominated for an Epiphany Prize in America.

Variety reports that the third season story 'Gridlock' is competing in the television category of the awards, which honour inspirational projects that promote traditional family and biblical values.

The episode, which features The Doctor and Martha Jones visiting New Earth and uncovering an underground traffic jam infested with killer crabs, is up against Saving Sarah Cain, The Valley of Light, Friends and Heroes and Lost Holiday: The Jim & Suzanne Shemwell Story.

The Epiphany Prizes awards ceremony will take place on February 12 at the Beverly Hilton.
    Another award for Doctor Who!

Si.

Biblical values? So they didn't spot the Cassini "sisters" then? Excellent!

What next? Torchwood's Countrycide winning awards for wholemeal family values?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

They saw the naturists and mistook them for Adam & Eve.

Surely they've completely missed the point? Just because the episode features a couple of hymns, doesn't mean that it promotes "traditional family and biblical values". Russell T Davies is well known as being an atheist, and, how I saw it, the wonderfully moving sequence with 'The Old Rugged Cross' is an indictment of the futility of religion. Here, the hymn is played to the travellers to give them something to hope for, to make their futile journey seem worthwhile - a hollow sentiment in order to instil some sort of 'faith' in the hopeless masses, and that, perhaps, is how RTD sees religion, and, in particular, Christianity.

However, quite what the imagery of the millions ascending from the 'hell' of the underground highway to the 'heaven' of the New New York skies means, I don't know...

Or am I just reading too much into it..? Thoughts, anyone....?

Personally I think a homosexual couple is as much a "family unit" as a wife, husband and kids. But I very much doubt this was their reasoning...

Si.

I hate all homos.

I hate all Flymos!

Pip Madeley Guest

I hate all people who use the rubbish new Windows... Vistaaaaaah!

I nailed it.

Come back Camp Freddie, all is forgiven!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!