Default Tom Baker's Ultimate Sci-Fi Quiz

So has anyone got this interactive DVD and what do you reckon?

I see it was only released a couple of weeks ago

I saw the advert on TV the other day. He's wearing some dodgy gear, isn't he?

I may be asking for it for Christmas.

I bet it's cheap and tacky. It seems like a good idea in theory and ideal for parties but the same was thought about the Doctor Who board game and that sits unloved and unplayed with like a 90 year old virgin trapped beneath a pyramid and powerless to move.

Apparently, according to Wretched SFX Magazine, it's full of factual errors and spelling mistakes in the written questions. Things like "Space 1999" instead of "Space: 1999"

The only Ultimate Sci-Fi quiz that would be a real challenge would be one put together by Andrew Pixley!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon R View Post
    I bet it's cheap and tacky. It seems like a good idea in theory and ideal for parties but the same was thought about the Doctor Who board game and that sits unloved and unplayed with like a 90 year old virgin trapped beneath a pyramid and powerless to move.

seems to be the in thing these days these interactive DVD's personaly I don't really have that much interest in them..

It will be interesting to see how many of us are given this for Christmas by mad relatives!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Zel wants to get it.

Edited to Add: Not that Zel is a mad relative, of course.
    Last edited by Andrew Curnow; 15th Dec 2006 at 7:55 AM. Reason: I wish I could think of something funny to put here - where's Dave Lewis when you need him?

Default Xmas DVD?

Well, who got this for Christmas then? I didn't, my 'mad relatives' are obviously letting the side down!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Pip Madeley Guest

I did, and I don't want it...

What's wrong with it Pipster?

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm not big on sci-fi, Ralph, most of the questions were like another world to me...

I'm curious to know if I'd get the answers I guess it depends...I'm not too high on the anorak level

We didn't think Tom was being mad enough. We played, but neither of us managed to get home depite getting most of the questions right.

We were impressed with the way thatin the question about who'd played the Doctor they spelt them all wrong, excpet Tom Baker!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

"Well now," - I got this and, for a short while it worked alright, despite the numerous errors in questions, etc.

After a time got no knew questions and, it kept deleting my correct answers So making a failure to get home in either Player 1 or, Player 2 mode.

I returned it for a replacemt to my local WHSMITH branch (unfortunately the replacement was worse) - SO back it went again, this time for a replacemnt of my money (For 16.99 I expect a lot better)

Now, I notice that Virgin are selling it for only 6.99 (big difference)!!!

It does get on your nerves though after awhile when you know what the questions/answers/replies are going to be.

http://thomas-stewart-baker.com/jpegs/TBUSFQ01.jpg

http://thomas-stewart-baker.com/jpegs/TBUSFQ02.jpg

http://thomas-stewart-baker.com/jpegs/TBUSFQ03.jpg

(edited by Pip to remove insanely large photos)
    "Have you betrayed US?" - "Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK! - Avon.

Pip Madeley Guest

We have rules about image sizes here at PS, they're in the Code of Conduct.

If you could stick to them in future please.

Phillip Madeley
    We have rules about image sizes here at PS, they're in the Code of Conduct.

If you could stick to them in future please.
    SORRY about that. I took these links from someone else's post on "TOM's" own website and, I didn't have time to try to reduce them being in a public library (don't own my own PC) and, I just about out of time to post my last post before the library closed - OK

http://www.tombaker.tv
    "Have you betrayed US?" - "Have you betrayed ME?"

TAKE KERR, OK! - Avon.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Avon View Post
    Phillip Madeley

SORRY about that. I took these links from someone else's post on "TOM's" own website and, I didn't have time to try to reduce them being in a public library (don't own my own PC) and, I just about out of time to post my last post before the library closed - OK

http://www.tombaker.tv
    Excuse me, I'm not sure if you're aware but you're coming across as very rude with the SORRY and the short OK at the end. Also, there's no real need to type everything in bold.

If you didn't have the time to resize them, you should've just linked to them.

It does get on your nerves though after awhile when you know what the questions/answers/replies are going to be.
    Yeah, it's a shame these things can't have a sufficiently large bank of questions to make it replayable. 6.99 is a fair price for it; our copy may get wheeled out again later this year, once we've forgotten a few of the answers!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!