WhiteCrow Guest

Default Woolworths withdraws it's Lolita bed range for teens ...

How on Earth did these people not notice this was an inappropriate name for a kids bed?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7222008.stm

Bedroom furniture for young girls with the brand name Lolita has been withdrawn by Woolworths following complaints from parents.
    A parenting website said it was in "unbelievably bad taste" to give the bed the same name as a novel about a sexually precocious young girl.

Woolworths said the £395 Lolita Midsleeper Combi was withdrawn when the matter was brought to its attention.

Wayne Guest

Sorry but you just have to laugh. The dimwits!
    Last edited by Wayne; 1st Feb 2008 at 8:41 PM.

Pip Madeley Guest

Political correctness gone mad...

WhiteCrow Guest

It's a bit like a childcare buisness going out of buisness, and the owner trying to work out why no-one wanted to use Myra's Childcare ...

That or the unfortunately titled Mole Station Nursery
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    It's a bit like a childcare buisness going out of buisness, and the owner trying to work out why no-one wanted to use Myra's Childcare ...
    Exactly. 'Lolita' may be just the name of a fictional character, but the like it or not, the name has become garnered with indelibe paedophillic associations.
    We all know what it means when you the 'Lolita' SPAM e-mail.....
    I just can't believe some dumbass actually came up with that one, & that they went ahead & used it.
    Even if it is a case of PC gone mad, which is debateable in itself, surely they must've known they'd be inviting problems & would be saving themselves a load of hassle for themselves by not using it?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    How on Earth did these people not notice this was an inappropriate name for a kids bed?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7222008.stm
    I know it's not a very politically correct reaction, but my initial response was to stick my bottom lip out with my tongue and say "Durrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!"

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Baynes View Post
    I know it's not a very politically correct reaction, but my initial response was to stick my bottom lip out with my tongue and say "Durrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!"
    Exactly!