Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Brain of Morbius - What a Marvellous DVD!

Saw this a few minutes ago.

First episode classified by the BBFC.

Pip Madeley Guest

Default The Brain of Morbius coming to DVD

Will have to put the video on eBay asap...

Is it usual for the BBFC just to classify a single episode? Seems odd.

Probably a "vanilla" release, from opinion elsewhere?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Pip Madeley Guest

Probably, considering the whole gothic horror thing has been documented elsewhere (Talons I think).

...terribly sorry about that, Morbius... killingly funny....

Yay! I love The Brain of Morbius.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Depends doesn't it? There's an undubbed copy of part 1 floating around which could be useful, the cast and crew are mostly still around and there's potential for a Christopher Barry retrospective and maybe a look at the script that was never made...

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Perhaps they watched Episode 1 then got bored and went off for a nice cup of tea and a bun.

About time we had a half-decent story on DVD! I expected them to do "Underworld" or something next.

Si.

Nothin wrong with Underworld

If this is true then it's absolutely brilliant news, at long last Morbius coming to DVD. I really couldn't be better pleased, I love this story and I'm really excited to see it coming out.
    As you can see.

When's it coming, I can't wait

That's me happy with this year's schedule.
    Last edited by Stephen Morgan; 6th Feb 2008 at 4:07 PM.

I rather like BOM too - good-oh!

Having raised the question on the RT Forum recently about the possibility of a Dudley Simpson feature on a suitable future DVD release, I was told to 'be patient' which I've assumed means that there will be one but no clue as to when.

Seeing as Dudley's favourite score is Brain of Morbius, perhaps this could be the one? I do hope so!

So are you for or against the news Steve?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    So are you for or against the news Steve?

Si.
    Oh! you know, so so....

Oooh, yeaaah. This is good news. Excellent infact. It is one of my favourites.

I'm not sure Steve is impressed though.

Which one?

If you mean me, not fussed either way, bit of a 'meh' story for me. Although I do like it when the older vhs titles come out on dvd.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Morbius, is an absoloutly fantastic story and i'll be overjoyed if this is released this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Morbius, is an absoloutly fantastic story and i'll be overjoyed if this is released this year.
    Isn't it just, and as you can see by my previous posts I feel exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Morgan View Post
    Isn't it just, and as you can see by my previous posts I feel exactly the same.
    yet strangely it seems to be a story that never gets much of a mention when people are asked to name their favourite stories.

I think it'll have a great sleeve/cover design.

About time we had a half-decent story on DVD! I expected them to do "Underworld" or something next.
    Well, maybe after Morbius we'll get a half-decent story. It'll have to happen sooner or later.

Well, maybe after Morbius we'll get a half-decent story. It'll have to happen sooner or later.
    Actually, that's not really fair. Time Meddler's just came out and that's a pretty decent story, and Silurians isn't bad either. It's been a while since we've had a DVD release that I've been really looking forward to.

Wayne Guest

Well if this is definite then i'm happy!

I think on the whole there's been something for everyone at one time or another over the last few years of the range.

Except fans of Mel of course.

Si.

I've never been wild about this story. It's ok but I never got the video until quite late on (for £3 from a library sale!) and by that point it had been hyped up as one of the all time greats so it could never live up to the expectation.

There's some odd direction in it too when it looks like things have been cut out. I assume the 1991 (ish) video was unedited as the cover says thus.

It's not as good as Chris Barry's "Crossed Lines".

Yes! At last! About time!
    For eternity I've been waiting...trapped like a sponge beneath the sea! I can see nothing, feel nothing! Not having this on DVD was like being trapped into hell for eternity!...er...steady on, maybe it wasn't all that bad! Anyway, where was I...Oh yes... if I have to live without this DVD I would rather die now! Even a sponge has more life than I! Can You understand a thousanth of my agony since my 1990 VHS video stopped playing after being viewed more times than the rest of my videos put together! I, Carol Baynes, who used to own the unedited version of "The brain of Morbius", the Target book and the kiddie version of same, reduced to the state where I envy those vegetables on Outpost Gallifrey...

...Ok, enough!

I'm pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    yet strangely it seems to be a story that never gets much of a mention when people are asked to name their favourite stories.
    COUGH!