Default Torchwood Original Audios

Amazon are selling these really cheap.

Has anyone bought any? If so, are they any good?

I hadn't heard about these! Amazon says about Dan Abnett's 'Everyone Says Hello' :

This is an exciting original short story written exclusively for audio, featuring the "Torchwood" characters and read by Burn Gorman, who plays Owen in the television series. Across Cardiff, ordinary people are behaving in odd ways: saying hello to one another, and going out of their way to greet people. Torchwood discovers that an alien communications field is gathering strength in the city. The team must find the device responsible and shut it off - before civil unrest engulfs the city. This story is written by Dan Abnett.
    There's also one called 'Hidden' by Steve Saville, about an age-old secret in the heart of the Welsh Countryside.

They look alright to me, but ... I don't fancy listening to them for some reason. Maybe one day!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I checked this out. They're not THAT cheap. £6.50p each is probably good for a few discs... but it's only slightly less than you'd get a Big Finish for on Play.com, and that's a proper full cast audio.

It's a shame Big Finish can't get the "Torchwood" license, there are enough of the actors to be able to do a few decent plays even if half of them were too busy.

Si.

I bought Everyone Says Hello by Dan Abnett. I wasn't impressed by his previous Torchwood work (Border Princes) but I like Burn Gorman who narrates (and I had a Amazon e-voucher )

The story is quite interesting and entertaining, although it lags a little in the middle with its Who-style run around. And while the ending lacks tension, it's a good to see you can do a decent ending without resorting to the Big Evil Plot/Baddie cliche.

I expect to see Burn Gorman doing more voice work or cartoons very soon. He's very good - so good it sounds like there's a cast.

One thing I did find annoying - whoever designed the disk didn't account for the fact that a good 90% of listeners would rip this onto their mp3 players. The disk merely comes up as "unknown" and the ripped tracks all jumbled up (1,10,11 etc.) and would have required renaming to run in the right order.
    I ended up listening on my laptop, but it wasn't the same.

7/10

Pip Madeley Guest

An exclusive audio story based on the hit BBC TV series, written by Brian Minchin. Alien larvae in a baptismal font mark the beginnings of a terrifying adventure for Captain Jack, Gwen, Ianto and Rhys. Read by a member of the TV cast. Brian Minchin was script editor on the first two "Torchwood" TV series.

Released on 4th June.

Courtesy of the DWNP, details of a new Torchwood Audio Story read by Kai Owen released in March, set post-Miracle:

Army of One
    Written by Ian Edginton
    Read by Kai Owen
    Released 8th March 2012 (CD)

Washington D.C., post-Miracle. The city has been hit by a spate of very unusual serial killings.
    The victims are different ages and genders and the locations vary, but each body has one thing in common – it has been reduced to a dried-up, desiccated husk.

Special Agent Lucas Avery has dealt with some tricky puzzles in his time, but this is stranger than anything he has ever encountered. His one lead is a pair of names: ‘Gwen’ and ‘Rhys’...

For Gwen Cooper and Rhys Williams, still recovering from the recent, traumatic events that shook the world, life is about to get difficult and dangerous again. For it’s not just Homeland Security on their trail, but something else – something alien, terrifying and deadly...

Three more Post-Miracle original audios on the way... I predict that the future for Torchwood is definitely on the radio...

First up we have...

Fallout
    Written by David Llewellyn
    Read by Tom Price
    Released 5th April 2012 (CD)

When Yasmin finds a jewelled egg in her grandfather’s shed, her first thought is to sell it. Unfortunately, the object is no valuable Fabergé antique, but a dangerous weapon from another planet. Worse still, the buyer she finds online is a Russian secret agent working for the Committee for Extraterrestrial Research, who promptly swipes it, kills her brother Sayed and lands her in hospital.

When Sgt Andy Davidson realises that he’s not dealing with an ordinary double shooting, he calls Gwen Cooper, who breaks the bad news about the egg and its deadly contents. With no Torchwood to help,and Gwen in America, it’s up to Andy and Yasmin to follow the trail of the ‘Shiva virus’ – all the way from Cardiff to the British Museum...

To be followed on 3rd May by Red Skies and on 7th June by Mr Invincible both written by Joseph Lidster

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post

To be followed on 3rd May by Red Skies written by Joseph Lidster