Thread: 2.6 Reset

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What was wrong with Alan Dale? I thought he was well cast!

Si.

Can I make a suggestion? For those who are only up to date on "Reset" and didn't see the episode on BBC3 afterwards, DO NOT READ the write-up of the episode in the Radio Times for next Wednesday on BBC3.
    Geoff

I enjoyed it, though there were some very obvious bits to it. A new piece of kit that Owen can't quite work yet? Could he possibly save the day at a critical moment with it? Oh yes, he did.

Martha's in Torchwood. OK, good, but why? Supposedly Jack called her in, but why? Does he know about the large number of similar fatalities? If so why not tell the team? Why did he inform Ianto but apparently no-one else that she was coming? By having Martha explain the large number of deaths the writer made it seem she came to them for their help, not the other way round.

What was the radiation flash that burned out the alien contact lenses? Couldn't they find some other way of cutting her off? It looked like the writer made her kit so effective that there were problems disabling it.

Two episode earlier Jack rejected the idea of a mercy killing and was hell bent on rescuing a captured, exploited and tortured alien, even though it was the size of a house. Now he's very quick to put a whole bunch of aliens out of their misery.

And it seemed ludicrously easy, even for the brilliant Tosh, working with Martha's help to access the computer system, to shut down the entire facility and kill all the aliens from one laptop.

But overall it was good. The performances were fine, Martha made a much better character here than she did in Doctor Who. As Emma said, it's nice not to have her mooning over the central character. Jack's continued evasion with his team is just getting silly though. Why not just tell them what happened and how he knows Martha? Are they realy not going to believe him after all they've seen?

And the ending was suitably shocking.

one of the best episodes of both series 1 and 2 thoroughly enjoyed it was great to see Martha back and certainly a shock st the end to see Owen shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    What was wrong with Alan Dale? I thought he was well cast!

Si.
    certainly nothing wrong with Alan Dale, but his accent was very odd it' seemed like he has a mixture of an Australian and American accent now.

Freema made me care more than usual, but I still think Torchwood is all over the place. Its dramatic enough to enjoy the moment but the gadget/gizmo plots are a bit blah and the lead characters feel oddly indefinable.

A pretty slim plot, but built up well by the inclusion of Martha. It was so good to see her again, and the ending was a real shock.

Interesting episode.

I liked seeing Jim from Neighbours (and he doesn't complain too much about being type cast )

And they killed Owen just after he agreed to go an a date with Tosh.
    Those writers have a sick sense of humour .
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge