Thread: 2.6 Reset

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2.6 Reset

Just thought I'd bugger up the Torchwood forum by starting a thread for tonight's first look BBC Three premiere thingy!

MARTHA'S BACK!

Where's the 'Adam' thread? Si Hart is slacking!

Si Hart is missing!

D'oh! I forgot about that!

PWNED by Tim twice in one night! I'll give you an easy one later (for your hat-trick). I need to get some sleep.

I'm delighted that this premieres tonight and I'll get to see it because I'll be staying at my sister's for a few days from next Wednesday and would thus have had little chance of seeing it on BBC2 (she's more of your ITV viewer but with any luck we'll be down the pub anyway!).

On the other hand, ep 7 premieres on BBC3 next Wednesday so I'll have to wait two weeks after tonight to see that on BBC2 on the 27th!

Radio Times says that we're heading for a good run of episodes now...

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Just thought I'd bugger up the Torchwood forum by starting a thread for tonight's first look BBC Three premiere thingy!
    What about starting a thread for the tonights 2:5 BBC 2 episode?
    Last edited by Dirk Gently; 13th Feb 2008 at 9:15 PM.

Pip Madeley Guest

I've still not watched 2.2.

Wayne Guest

Jim Robinson was crap. Even David Hunter was less wooden.

This is when Torchwood is great, when you get TW/DrWho crossovers, it puts TW into context. I thought Freema was very good and although the ending was a surprise I don't think it's terminal

Wayne Guest

Good, but seemed a bit formulaic, & just felt a notch down watching it straight after 'Adam'.
    Still, the season has picked up big style after that poor first episode! I'm relieved that all of the last 5 have been good eps.
    Last edited by Wayne; 14th Feb 2008 at 4:21 PM.

"Sam Jones" Nice BBC 8th doc referance!

But the ending...

OWEN!

This for me is just about as perfect a Torchwood as it gets & I loved it.
    This is what I thought Torchwood was going to be. There is a hint of 'this was a Doctor Who script & we've made it fit' i.e I could see the Doctor doing what the team do but that's no criticism as I'm a fan of Doctor Who.
    This gets a 10 from me & I'll have to adjust my score if this gets bettered, but on first viewing it's the best Torchwood so far. May be subsequent viewings will highlight some flaws, who knows.

Wayne Guest

I liked it, but i thought it was a bit 'join up the dots'.
    Nice to see Martha back though. She put Owen in his place.

My whole comment is spoiler filled sooooo.....

Yeah the whole Owen thing - COMPLETE shock! Seemed quite terminal too...
    Geoff

Another cracking episode to make 100 minutes of joy last night! Martha slotted in perfectly and had instant rapport with everyone else. Loads of lovely continuity references to Who S3, including hearing a variation on "Martha's Theme". The idea of the larvae things incubating in humans must be a nod to Ark in Space.

The ending was a part shock for me - from reading the synopsis of ep. 7 on the Radio Times website about a week ago plus comments in their preview of ep. 6 in this week's issue led me to believe that someone was going to bite the bullet - but I didn't expect it to be who it was!

So is Owen really dead ?? I find that hard to believe, the trailer for next week is designed to make you think that but Martha is only there for a few episodes (she'll be the stand in medic replacing Owen) You can't kill off key characters this early. Maybe in series 4 but not now !

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Rose View Post
    So is Owen really dead ?? I find that hard to believe, the trailer for next week is designed to make you think that but Martha is only there for a few episodes (she'll be the stand in medic replacing Owen) You can't kill off key characters this early. Maybe in series 4 but not now !
    Well, they killed off Suzie in Episode 1 of Series 1, and she was supposed to be one of the main characters!

However, the next episode is called Dead Man Walking, so it's entirely possible that Owen will be back to life next episode!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Major spoiler so DON'T highlight if you don't want to know!

Jack uses something (possibly the glove) to bring Owen back only he drags back something evil too, turning Owen into a weevil hybrid. He declares himself the Weevil King and goes on a killing spree!

WhiteCrow Guest

I kind of read the spoiler about this, and havent gotten around to watching it yet. I hope Owen isnt gone, cos Burn is far and away one of the better actors in the Torchwood ensemble, and Owen was one of the more likable characters.

Mind you I hope he doesn't come back evil either. Because I'll get attacked by a mob of rabid Torchwood fans when I say "didn't they do the same thing making Angel evil in season 2 of Buffy?".

But in general I've thought they were building up in Torchwood that "Torchwood folk die young". Esp Jack, he's young(ish) and always dying.

I really enjoyed this one. It was everything Torchwood should be, and Martha fitted in so well. She's a strong, brilliant character when she isn't mooning over the Doctor - it was nice to see her step away from him more and show that she meant business.

As for the ending........ NOOOOOOO! I hadn't liked Owen much at any point before, and was just starting to like him....... I am looking forward to that glove thing coming back again though!
    Why build an engine when you have a perfectly good whale?

But if he comes back as some evil weavel knievel he's still a problem and still has to be sorted. The glove has never worked, Suzie was never a major character she was always destined for death in episode 1. When she came back she had to drain Gwen of her life energy to survive. TW needs a medic, Martha's there for a bit, but then what ? Either a new character or Owen is back ?

Oh and Suzie's void and Adam's void I think are one and the same, the same void between universes where NOTHING can exist apart from deceased TW employees and metal balls with Daleks !!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    I kind of read the spoiler about this, and havent gotten around to watching it yet. I hope Owen isnt gone, cos Burn is far and away one of the better actors in the Torchwood ensemble, and Owen was one of the more likable characters.
    Agreed. Burn Gorman is fast becoming one of my favourite actors. It's a shame he doesn't get the recognition he deserves.

Mind you I hope he doesn't come back evil either. Because I'll get attacked by a mob of rabid Torchwood fans when I say "didn't they do the same thing making Angel evil in season 2 of Buffy?".
    Prepare to repel all borders, Mike, the natives WILL be revolting.

I just watched the episode through BBC iplayer download and I think it was one of the best so far and to say the ending was a shock is an understatement. I cannot wait for the next episode to see what happens.
    Martha fitted in really well and she seemed better suited to this than she did in Dr Who I wish she could be in more than 3 episodes.

After finding out about Owen's demise on another site I gave in and watched it on the BBC iplayer, and I really enjoyed the episode in general, it wasn't quite as good as Adam, but I'd say it was the 2nd best of the series so far, knocking the 1st ep down to third place.

As soon as Tosh asked him out on a date and he said yes I found myself muttering "Dead man, coming through", it's as old a cliche as they come, and as this season seems to be revolving around making Tosh as miserable as possible, I expect that next week's episode will put her through even more torment. Personally I don't want to see Owen come back permanently, even though his character was better this series, I've never found him that likable. I'm guessing that the next episode will be Buffy-esque in that it will end with Owen about to kill Tosh, realising he loves her, but Tosh being forced to kill him.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Brilliant, and better than Adam because it all made sense. The end was just about a shock because we just about believe it's for keeps. Ish.

Great action-packed episode, and Martha made me realise how much I care about her character. Suddenly there seemed to be much more at risk when it was Martha. I'm glad her and Gwen got on as well, as it would be too easily to give them amusing comedy bitching business.

Si.

Haven't seen 'Adam' yet, my Sky+ box perhaps starting to have critical facilities, but 'Reset' didn't impress me much. Probably the most enjoyable for me this series (due to Freema), but the guy from Neighbours wasn't very good, and the ending really didn't surprise me that much, I felt the laboured earlier scene with Tosh was setting this up, tbh.

One thing though, can we get the guy who does the incidental music in this to replace Murray Gold, the music in this year's TW has outshone DW in my view.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild