Default Will Tosh ever find true love ?

I think Tosh has been getting a pretty rough ride in series 2, first her WWI lover gets zapped back to 19?? (although there's still potential for a "time baby") but I bet that'll end in tears !
    Then her "fake memory lover" Adam goes all blurry and dumps her !
    Now TW6:13, Come on, give the girl a break !!

That's the 'soap' element of the programme though, is it not? To keep you watching, to see if her life gets better or worse.

I'm hoping she realises she's fine on her own - she needs to learn to love *herself* first anyway. She can become a strong, confident woman and it'd be great to see her calling the shots in a relationship!
    Why build an engine when you have a perfectly good whale?

WhiteCrow Guest

She's still doing seriously better than the Doctor, he's been around 900 years, and only has one grandchild to account for all that time.

Yes he had a "will they/won't they" relationship with Rose, but seeing as his last romantic interest was back in the Aztecs when some woman made him cocoa ...

I still think she'd make an excellent Dr Who companion, highly intelligent but on another level quite naive and vulnerable.

I agree. I'm also waiting for the moment when the penny drops and Jack and Tosh realise that they both know the Doctor - maybe while Martha is around?

Talking of which, was there a continuity error in episode 3, wherein Tosh says she's known Tommy for 4 years? AOL/WWIII was set in 2006, unless Tosh was actually working for Torchwood at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    Talking of which, was there a continuity error in episode 3, wherein Tosh says she's known Tommy for 4 years? AOL/WWIII was set in 2006, unless Tosh was actually working for Torchwood at the time?
    Sorry, you lost me on that bit. What's AOL/WWIII ? I presume Tosh has been with TW 4 years as they wake Tommy up every year, so she's known him 4 years but he's only known her 4 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Rose View Post
    What's AOL/WWIII ?
    Aliens of London / World War 3, First series of Doctor Who.

Ahhhhh gotcha, but I think that the character Naoko Mori played in that episode wasn't actually Tosh. She was just some random HOT Japanese scientist in London. It was only after when they thought up TW that they thought she'd be good as a substantial HOT Japanese scientist in Cardiff.

No, she's definitely one and the same character. Not only is she credited as Doctor Sato in Aliens of London, but RTD clearly stated when Torchwood was announced and the first regular cast members were cast that "We were lucky enough to work with Naoko in 2004, on the very first day's filming of the new Doctor Who, which introduced the character of Toshiko Sato in the episode Aliens of London. She was absolutely brilliant, and I knew then that I wanted to bring her back".

Quote taken from Gallifrey Guardian news item in DWM 370 (June 2006).

No, she's definitely one and the same character. Not only is she credited as Doctor Sato in Aliens of London, but RTD clearly stated when Torchwood was announced and the first regular cast members were cast that "We were lucky enough to work with Naoko in 2004, on the very first day's filming of the new Doctor Who, which introduced the character of Toshiko Sato in the episode Aliens of London. She was absolutely brilliant, and I knew then that I wanted to bring her back".

We learn more about that in "From Out of the Rain" - ep 12, IIRC - a "how everyone joined Torchwood" prequel show.

Damn, I thought I was a geek , ok Tommy said he'd known her 4 days, if we assume that "that" day was the 4th day then Tosh had only really known him 3 years, day 1 start of year 1 etc. BUT you can't really compare the timelines in TW/DW to our timeline. For example Jack jumps on Tardis and goes to end of universe..........Jack shoots fish face creature in TW2:1
    What's the timespan in between ? could have been months.

Will Tosh ever find true love ?

Apparently not!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

She found a bullet first

It seems that she was properly in love with Owen, and he was almost prepared to return her affections. Shame he got shot, resurrected and nuked before they could go on a date.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well, they died within minutes of each other. Maybe they're together in the post-death darkness....

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Thompson View Post
    Well, they died within minutes of each other. Maybe they're together in the post-death darkness....
    *sings* romeo and juliet , are together in eternity, come on baby don't fear the reaper.