Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Newer Series 4 Trailer on the BBC Site

I went to see Sweeny Todd at the weekend and was astonished to see the trailer for the new series of Doctor Who on the big screen!

Has this ever happened before? I don't remember it!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Pip Madeley Guest

They did it for Voyage of the Damned, and it's been mentioned in the series 4 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    They did it for Voyage of the Damned, and it's been mentioned in the series 4 thread.
    I'd love to know how much of the budget is spent on cinema advertising!!!!!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

WhiteCrow Guest

Glad the BBC isn't wasting our license fee.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    Glad the BBC isn't wasting our license fee.

I hope your not suggesting that the BBC has ever wasted the license fee we pay... shame on you..

Especially as it's gone up by £4.00 this year!

Pip Madeley Guest

Worth it for another series of Sarah Jane!

WhiteCrow Guest

Well I do wonder, when they're insistent on above inflation raises for the license fee so they can pay loads to Jonathon Ross, whether they're just frittering it away.

I hear an awful lot of our license fee goes into keeping Richard Hammond in teeth whitener.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    Well I do wonder, when they're insistent on above inflation raises for the license fee so they can pay loads to Jonathon Ross, whether they're just frittering it away.
    When you see presenters like Claudia Winkleman, you realise that he's worth every penny....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I don't get the comment about the license fee. Surely it doesn't cost hardly anything to edit together a trailer for a forthcoming series... or have I missed something?

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I don't get the comment about the license fee. Surely it doesn't cost hardly anything to edit together a trailer for a forthcoming series... or have I missed something?

Si.
    Yes you have missed something, Doctor Who fans are supposed to hate the BBC.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

My frikkkkkkiiiinnnn TV TAX is too wide!!

The cinema trailer, which is too wide, is being shown on BBC One this saturday at 7.00, isn't it?

Pip Madeley Guest

Apparently!

The cinema trailer ain't all that, but the three ten second teasers are cool and awesome.

watched the trailer last night it didn't really tell us much but that's how I like it just enough to whet the appatite.

I can't believe it, another companion who's fallen for the Doctor.

From what I can tell from the trailer Donna has gone from "Doctor get me to the Church & then get lost!" to "Grandad, if you see a blue box flying in the sky, tell me because I've met the man I want to spend the rest of my life with"

She doesn't say that though, Tim! She refers to having let him fly away, and says that Gramps should shout if he sees a blue box. She also indignantly told him that he's not mating with her in the other trailer seen at the end of VOTD IIRC.

Having seen a poor quality version of this on You Tube, it's nice to see it in full on the telly and pick out certain bits I hadn't made out previously, such as the car going into the river.

Pip Madeley Guest

I squeed at the sight of Rose on my 28 incher. And the teaser trailers are COOL annd AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    I squeed at the sight of Rose on my 28 incher. And the teaser trailers are COOL annd AWESOME!

I think the very wet looking Martha, looked even better..

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post

Si.
    I think the point is that the BBC will have to pay for the advertising time, just like anyone else would. Making the trailer will hardly cost anything (in theory), but paying all the cinemas to show it before films will cost a lot of money.

Pip Madeley Guest

It was just Odeon cinemas though, so presumably the BBC hammered out some sort of deal.

Free popcorn?

I saw this for the first time today when I went to see Lars and the Real Girl, and got a huge thrill from seeing the good Doctor on the big screen. The advert in general was pretty good (though I'd have liked a bit more dialogue / violent angry looking monsters), and seeing Rose back did make me smile a lot, though it hasn't quite convinced me I'm going to be able to cope with Tate on our screens week in and week out.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."