Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Seems to be a relative newcomer. Nice to see some original casting for a change and not just another case of - let's get him to do it, he was good in a previous high profile role but then Being Human does benefit from being a BBC Three drama and being able to do more interesting casting.

And is also slightly cheaper...

And with Series 4 comes more changes. Russell Tovey will be leaving the show during the series and Sinead Keenan who plays Nina will not be appearing in Series 4 at all. Michael Socha, who played the werewolf, Tom, in Series 3 will be returning to the show as a regular.

When Aidan left last season I feared the show may no longer be worth watching. Without Russell it has almost no appeal. Mitchell and George were the reason for watching. We'll still probably watch this season and give it a fair chance though and go from there. Maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised...

I'd heard Russell had said this would his last year on the show so I assumed maybe it was heading to an ending. To hear he's only in half the series and without Nina is rather disappointing.

I quite liked the trailer with the new vampire in it, also apparently the young vampire character Adam will be returning at some point. Mark Gatiss also has a role in the new series.

I never knew they had a spin off show with Adam until I saw it online yesterday.. Not that I'll bother to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I never knew they had a spin off show with Adam until I saw it online yesterday.. Not that I'll bother to watch it.
    Becoming Human was actually rather good. As much as Adam was a bit annoying when he appeared in the main show, he was very good in the spin off.

Was it?

I see now it was a web series, not a full tv series. I think 50 minutes total wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience. I may look for it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Was it?

I see now it was a web series, not a full tv series. I think 50 minutes total wouldn't be too much of an inconvenience. I may look for it after all.
    It was a web series but it's popularity lead to it getting a BBC Three showing the week after BH series 3 finished. It would certainly make up a little bit for losing George and Nina if Adam returned to the main show.

It'll make a good appetizer for the next series then if it's still available to watch or download anywhere. Have they announced a premier date for S4 yet? It seems like it usually starts in Feb, so that's what I'm predicting.

Nothing has been announced as yet, but with the recent activity from cast and crew that's been appearing on Digital Spy, I'd say the air date is likely to be announced soon.

Oh dear... it's never good when they replace members of the cast with similar-but-cheaper actors.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Indeed, and the quote in the media pack makes it sound like Whithouse is planning for another couple of series after this one. Surely the UK version of BH will have run its course by the end of series 4?

On a related note I gather that BH USA is about to start its second season. Has the first season been shown on any cable/satellite channels in the UK yet 'cos I've not heard of anyone watching it?

I've not seen it broadcast anywhere yet Richard. We did see the buses in the US advertising it last year, but that's about as close as I've been to it yet.

I'm in two minds about this. S3 was a bit variable in quality and seemed to take forever to hit its stride, though the last few episodes were pretty good. I'll be watching and hoping it reaches the heights of the first two seasons.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

5th of February! Series four! EEEEEEEEE!

Well... that was ... intense!

I appreciate that Sinead and Russell both wanting to leave has forced Toby Whithouse's hand somewhat but evenso!!

Just before bed last night I found this... well worth a view even if you didn't like last night's proper episode. One of the Old Ones looks a bit familiar

Season 4 Prequel: The Old Ones are coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Well... that was ... intense!

I appreciate that Sinead and Russell both wanting to leave has forced Toby Whithouse's hand somewhat but evenso!!
    It's certainly an unusual direction to take the show in. I feel it bit frustrated by Sinead leaving off screen (and Wyndam too, who I thought would be the next big bad, but presumably someone changed their mind about that) and it was such a shame to see George leave so quickly as well. I'm not too fond of the idea that there's also been a werewolf, vampire and ghost living together for years considering how much has been made of how 'special' George, Nina and Mitchell were, and I didn't take to their characters that much.

The whole future thing is intriguing, and I'm guessing that blondie turns out to be Eve and so has to kill her young self, thus creating a paradox which destorys the universe!.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Episode one was interesting, but seemed to be more about dealing with the sudden change in cast then getting the story going. Hopefully it will get better from next week onwards when we get on with t he plot proper.

The terminator plot seems interesting though, If previous seasons are anything to go by I sure Tony can pull it off.

Or even Toby

I am quite intrigued by the suggestion that ghosts can travel in time.

Btw has anyone else seen the online prequel yet. It has been confirmed on twitter that the well known actor who flleetingly appears will be in an upcoming episode featuring the Old Ones

It's difficult to comment on, because in lots of ways it's not the same show it started out as and not the same show that I really loved back at the start. It seems to have got bogged down in all the mythology and while this somehow ups the stakes for everyone, I'm not sure I like it as much as the werewolf, vampire and ghost share a house together show.

Somehow, to me, not giving George a happy ending seems mean and nasty. He's always been the heart of the show and while, yes, his departure was forced on the show, it just didn't feel right to me.

I'll stick with the show for now and I'll probably enjoy it, but it's not what it was and is all the poorer for that.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Or even Toby

I am quite intrigued by the suggestion that ghosts can travel in time.

Btw has anyone else seen the online prequel yet. It has been confirmed on twitter that the well known actor who flleetingly appears will be in an upcoming episode featuring the Old Ones
    Yeah, I watched that last night and it was fun to see him pop up, he looked suitably disturbing too.

I'll stick with the show for now and I'll probably enjoy it, but it's not what it was and is all the poorer for that.
    I know how you feel, at first it was quite a quirky series dealing with the lives of three individuals, whereas now they're taking it in a supposedly epic direction. Still, I guess you can divide the series in to two eras, and if the second one turns out to be rubbish, just try to pretend it never existed.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

My favourite was the second series with the Priest trying to kill all vampires and werewolves. At least that was contained to a single series!