Default Camp Overload: O'Grady Lined Up For Series 4!

Paul O'Grady will guest star in the series four finale of Doctor Who, reports The Sun.

The TV presenter will play himself discussing "strange goings-on" during his chatshow as David Tennant's Doctor departs on a mission.

A BBC source revealed that O'Grady had been wanting to appear on the show for some time and his role would be a little more "sinister" than people are used to.

"Paul has been desperate to be on the show for ages and asked if he could be a guest star," revealed the BBC insider.

"Fortunately Who creator Russell T Davies is a big fan of his too, and jumped at the chance.

"We’ve had to wait until his chatshow is filming again so we can shoot him on the set.
    "It will be the usual camp Paul - just maybe a bit more sinister."
    WTF!!?!!!!1!!!1!! RTD AND HIS FRICKIN' CAMP AGENDA HAVE RAPED SEASON 4 FOR SURE!!! LOL.

Si.

WhiteCrow Guest

I bet going by past seasons this will occur in episode 12, which will feature lots of guest stars, as themselves.

oh not again what is it with RTD and his obsession with having bloody celebreties in the series finally

Don't forget that Keith Chegwin, Kirsty Wark, Adrian Chiles and Jeremy Kyle are appearing as well.* RTD must fry!!!

* one or two of those are possibly true...

oh not again what is it with RTD and his obsession with having bloody celebreties in the series finally
    Publicity. It's clearly working too. If there's a Paul O'Grady show on the day before his episode of Who then he can mention it and possibly encourage his X million viewers to tune in.

Wayne Guest

The New Series is now officially a joke.

Well, maybe it's not so bad. Maybe he'll do for S4 what Richard Briers did for Paradise Towers.

Captain Tancredi Guest

I seem to recall quite an accurate (and affectionate) Who spoof as part of the Lily Savage show about ten years ago.

Paul O'Grady and I were born in the same hospital (him about 15 years before me, naturally) so I'm happy.

Pip Madeley Guest

Paul O'Grady and I were born in the same hospital (him about 15 years before me, naturally) so I'm happy.
    Erm, why?

Wow... looks like we're in for a radical departure from established precedent then. I look forward to a wonderfully thrilling and original series finale.

WhiteCrow Guest

It's a sign of the new series popularity that people are now clamouring to be on it, even in a cameo. This is no bad thing.

That said, I do find some of it makes me cringe, esp the last one with everyone saying why they'd Vote Saxon.

Oooh - I feel a Last Celebrity Cameo standing coming soon ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    This is no bad thing.
    I'm sure there's quite a lot of room for debate there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Erm, why?
    Because everyone's got to be born somewhere, lots of people are born in hospital.

Oh, I see...

Nothing wrong with famous people in the programme, as long as they can act and are given a part they can get their teeth into.

Like a Vampire you mean?

Or a dentist...

I've got the Doctor Who spoof he did as Lily Savage featuring Laydeks(female Daleks) and his robot dog sidekick KY-it was affectionate so its clear his casting is in the right tone