Just finished 'Lucie Miller/To The Death' all in one go. The Daleks at their worst!

Do you mean their best?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The Chase is surely the Daleks at their worst!

Planet of the Sausages is the Daleks at their wurst...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Do you mean their best?
    I should have been more precise; the Daleks at their most evil (or pretty nearly).

Yeah, sorry about that - pretty obvious really!

Although there are a few BF stories that could lay claim to being the Daleks at their 'Worst' (as in most rubbish). What was that one where they were all being Communists?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Hammer and Sickle of the Daleks...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Yeah, sorry about that - pretty obvious really!

Although there are a few BF stories that could lay claim to being the Daleks at their 'Worst' (as in most rubbish). What was that one where they were all being Communists?
    That's 'Brotherhood of the Daleks', which has the Daleks singing their version of 'The Red Flag'. I didn't know whether to or ! The plot of that one was over-complicated. I had to listen to it twice just to understand what was going on. I'm still unsure what I think of it, which isn't a vote for it.

Torchwood: Ghost Train - very enjoyable reading by Kai Owen in character as Rhys

I listened to The Maltese Penguin yesterday! And for now, I'm going to take a break until I've caught up on my reviews.

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I'm still trawling through "The Sensorites". William Russell's high pitched slimy voice for The City Administrator is quite spooky.

"Imagine him running with those big silly feet," chortled Susan "Flip flop, flip flop". The evil racist.

Si.

Now on the second story of Graceless II - story one had Derek Griffiths in, today in story two we have Michael Cochrane (once again on day release from Ambridge) and Susan Brown (Children of Earth).

Just a note Big Finish, if you're going to sell a spin-off series as being a unique line with no ties to it's origins in the DW universe it's spun off from you really shouldn't give the main characters lines like "Maybe we should find the D..."

"Quinnis". Having spent the week so far in the company of Ian Chesterton, I'm keeping with the era but rounding off the week with a slice of Carole-Ann Ford Companion Chronicle. A slight but marvellous story so far by Marc Platt; Quinnis is a magical planet, wonderous but at the same time scary, part human and part alien. I've no idea yet what's going on with the strange bridges or the mysterious "bird man" or the Doctor's attempts to make it rain, but it's all sumptuous so far.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Now on the second story of Graceless II - story one had Derek Griffiths in, today in story two we have Michael Cochrane (once again on day release from Ambridge) and Susan Brown (Children of Earth).
    Susan Brown is actually in story three "The Dark" which I'm about to listen to although the reveal in the teaser at the end of "The Flood" of who she's playing was worth the price of admission alone.

Just a warning that the interview track at the end of CD2 contains a lot of laughter and slightly exaggerated Michael Cochrane anecdotes.

Finished off Graceless II yesterday but without giving too much away I shall be a bit annoyed if Big Finish don't get their skates on with Graceless III which currently has yet to have a confirmed release date annouced.

I've also made a start on Night of the Humans read by Arthur Darvill (love his Matt and Karen impersonations) which has been a bit slow getting going but a good story starting to emerge. Still this was the free download from the 2012 Brilliant Book so can't complain too much.

So it took most of yesterday to get through Night of the Humans which at times seemed to be the audiobook that would never end but wasn't too bad in the final analysis.

Currently listening to Echoes of Grey

Nothing! For once. I'm reading a book instead.

Si.

Books are cool!

Find and Replace - Well, despite being somewhat contrived as an excuse to have Katy playing Jo and Iris at the same time that were grand!

Next up The Invasion of E-Space...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Next up The Invasion of E-Space...
    That was ok although my early morning start caught up with me and I was napping during most of the first half but didn't seem to miss much.

One criticism - given that this is blatantly set within season 18 why didn't they use the Howell theme. Presumably they have to pay more to use that version??

In an epic weekend of BF listening we did the end of Trail of the White Worm, Energy of the Daleks and a brace of CCS...

The Pyralis Effect- what a load of dreary old rubbish. Lalla read it with great verve, but that didn't stop the story being a load of confusing, dull sci-fi ideas dressed up badly as Doctor Who. I wanted to like it, but I got lost in the story I'm afraid and it didn't feel anything like S17 or S18 to me.

Solitaire- Absolutely excellent. India Fisher and davidbailie were rather good together and had a good spark. This being a two-hander made it something a little out of the ordinary and the whole play was very clever and very well written, with lovely production. Superb!

Home Truths was another good'un. Lovely, sympathetic performance from Jean Marsh really made this. Again the mix of narration and dialogue worked very well, to produce something a little more out of the ordinary and I enjoyed both strands of the story. Very clever!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Did you not get round to The Revenants Si? I really enjoyed that one!

We've got a big trip this weekend too, so that's one saved for now.

We did The Memory Cheats at the weekend. I really enjoyed it. A rather different Troughton adventure- a nice little historical/ alien tale in Russia, with an intriguing framing device. I love the hints about the society Zoe lives in and the programming she's recieved as a child to make her the person she is. They're playing very cleverly with her memory tampering by the Time Lords and I'd love to hear the next one that follows on from this.

Steve slept through it though.

It's not easy sitting in a car and listening to a companion chronicle, you know!

I'm trying to do The Sandman at the moment. Third attempt. This one won't be getting a good review from me, I'm afraid!

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d