Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

I fekt that way about Invaders from Mars, which was awful. A good idea but badly done. Considering the high calibre of its cast I hoped for better.

I adore Seasons of Fear and I've always thought Sebastian Grayle was one of the better villains in the BF line. And the music is brilliantly atmospheric too.

I don't know if the Zagreus references only seem clumsy in hindsight. At the time it was something exciting that everyone picked up on. Perhaps they only seem clumsy now because no-one actually liked the story (except me!) and so it loses all it's excitement and anticipation.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Finished Seasons of Fear - you're right, it was good stuff and Grayle turned out all right in the end (or beginning!). A good one!

Listened to Excelsis Rising, far better than the first one by simply not having the extremely annoying Iriis Wildthyme in it.

And now on to Embrace the Darkness - best thing Nicholas Briggs has written in years - the end to Episode 1 was genuinely chilling and a nice touch namimng the robot ROSM - very nice spin on R.U.R.
    A revolution without dancing, isn't one worth having

Neverland:

Oh dear, the 8th Doctor rot sets in here. Paul McGann and Lalla Ward are brilliant together, very natural, though no-one told them how to pronounce "mergin nut" so they get it hopelessly wrong, but that's a minor quibble.

Anti-Time, bloody bloody Co-Ordinator Vansell, a casual reference to 'cousins', Charley's evil doppleganger complete with horribly plummy tones, Charley becoming a gateway and TARDISes passing through her and the Doctor turning into Zagreus at the end.

But the most sickening aspect is the moment where Rassilon has a stirring speech or two about how proud he is of The Doctor. Pass me a bucket, i feel the urge to spew...

I am listening to Colin Baker in Real Time, which is an exellent story. Then I am going to listen to Peter Davison in the Thomas Brewer trilogy.

Pip Madeley Guest

The Time Warrior Target audiobook. Read by Jeremy Bulloch. Who I might meet this weekend. Woo.

Listened to Sarah Jane Smith: Comeback - bloody lame

Now: Spare Parts - fabulous, great Cybermen voices, another reference to Adric - Whee!

...ish

Some very clever and witty dialogue but i just didn't understand what was going on.
    An audio equivalent to Warrior's Gate

...ish was quite good, I seem to remember.

We've listened to Brotherhood of The Daleks and started DOCTOR WHO AND THE DALEKS (inthesevenkeystodoomsday) this weekend.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

What did you think of them?

Always listening to audios - currently listening to all the Companion Chronicles in order. Up to Here There Be Monsters which isn't one of the best, but then it followed The Catalyst, which is probably my favourite of the lot.

Just finished the Stables/Fisher/Bowerman Talks Back, and have paused Bang-Bang-a-Boom! at the end of episode 3 to hear that splendid chap Nicholas Courtney read out his list of women he's slept with. When he gets back on to the acting side he's more interesting.

Jubilee... and there's a mysterious prisoner being tortured in a cell. Something about this seems familiar!

Quote Originally Posted by sugartongs View Post
    Jubilee... and there's a mysterious prisoner being tortured in a cell. Something about this seems familiar!
    That's just Martin Jarvis, don't worry about it, we all get that sometimes!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Yes, we've all suffered from him at some time or another; just hit him hard enough and he'll go away.

I am currently listening to 45 and it is an excellent audio. I like the idea of 4 sererate stories with a linking theme. It is my first Dr, Ace and Hex audio and I loke the team dynamic.

the inexpressibly dull Nekromanteia

The Dark Flame wasn't much better, but now I'm listening to the excellent Doctor Who and the Pirates - perfect Sunday teatime fun!

So i didn't really get what was going on in Creatures of Beauty and gave up on it.

Putting the iPod on Shuffle the song that started playing was Christine Aguilera's "Beautiful" - what are the chances of that?

That's beautiful.

Katy Manning is reading me Malcolm Hulke's novelisation of The Green Death, via the power of my in-car CD player. Her Brigadier is a hoot! They didn't need so many effects on the soundtrack though.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Assassin(not hashashin) In The Limelight

after a boozy post Christmas lunch evening i had a long walk home from the train station to Cybertech's first album. JN-T chose wisely for the otherwise... difficult... Dimensions in Time.

Christmas Spirits!

Si xx

As well as the marevloous Christmas Spirits, we also listened to the best BF audio in years yesterday, Maters of War, the new Unbound adventure.

It was absolutely superb! Great simple, yet engaing story, a good Doctor/ companion team, good chacarecters and enough differences to normal Doctor Who to up the stakes and keep you guessing what was going to happen. It was just a great listen.

Si xx

Talking of Unbounds, i just relistened to the first one with Geoffrey Bayldon. Terrific stuff, with Carole Ann Ford giving the best performance she's ever given. Still dragged down by the crap of Lungbarrow, but otherwise entertaining.

I like the talking elephant and it's good to hear the not-late Derren Nesbitt whenever he reappears.

As for Bayldon i think he's perfect - if Hartnell were alive today i doubt his voice would be much different and even the speech patterns seem right.

Top entertainment.

The Death Eaters which is somewhat formulaic but still great fun;although I think the sense of claustrophobia would work better on telly...

Later on Spider's Shadow