Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Oh yes, she does 'look' very good on screen.

I've been listening to The Time Warrior audiobook. Jeremy Bulloch is another great narrator. His David Daker is very impressive, as is his Kevin Lindsay. I love these releases!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I've been listening to The Time Warrior audiobook. Jeremy Bulloch is another great narrator. His David Daker is very impressive, as is his Kevin Lindsay. I love these releases!
    That one's in my listening queue as well. I've been getting back into some audio stuff a bit more lately.

It gives my eyes a rest from the telly.

I'm currently relistening to Echoes of the Protii, part 1 today. I'm almost totally certain I've only ever listened to it once before, and had forgotten the explosive opening.

The character of Vera was fully-formed from her first line!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm halfway through something called The Soap of Fatal Death. I don't know if anybody else has heard it, but it's really rather good...

There's lots I'd change about that now! In a way I wish people couldn't listen to the earlier ones because I think the memory of them is probably better than the actual thing, which has little flaws and indulgencies we've learned how to avoid now.

Si.

Maybe so, but then you'd be listening to it and knowing which bits you could do better now, Si, or which bits you struggled with before. I listened to Protii not that long ago, and on a technical level Soap is a huge leap on from that.

Pip Madeley Guest

In a way I wish people couldn't listen to the earlier ones because I think the memory of them is probably better than the actual thing
    Technically it may have dated but the story itself & the performances are great fun and should be heard by everyone. I've got the entire PS back catalogue in a little folder now and plan to revisit the entire series over the summer

I'm looking forward to The Paul Monk Years, when Paul regales us with his memories, or his lack of memories, about his various stories.

You'll need to find him a pinstripe suit first mind.

Pip Madeley Guest

I can imagine it now...

Echoes of the Protii

"Well... (laughs) I think that was really rather good! That brings memories piling back to me, you know those new friends I'd met there, poor Dave of course who is no longer with us... I thought Wayne Jefferies was terribly good as Barry... yes, and that killing of Liam Hansen... that was very good. Something's happened to me, I... I feel like I've changed slightly.... yes. Ant Williams doesn't sound quite as young as he used to do, but I thought that was very good. Very good indeed. Shall we try another one?"

Soap of Fatal Death

"I think that was one of my very favourite stories, it was called 'Soap of Fatal Death'... aaaaaaaah... and the sound was designed I think by Si Hunt, aah, one of the most wonderful designs, there was a real sense of Clear Waters there... and the doors closed without distorting too much. I've forgotten the details of that battenburg thing... but it was so nice to hear Trudi again... there was quite a nice bit of casual by-play there, I'd quite forgotten... I think that, er... you know, subtlety were never my strong point as those of you who have listened to me over the years will know... but I suspect that I've probably become coarser over the years... erm there were one or two very nice little sly, throwaway things there. I enjoyed that very much. I... I'm very rarely pleased with anything I've ever done, I've always felt I could do better, but of course I hadn't heard that whole story... and then to hear dear Martin... of course I adored Martin because he always laughed at my jokes."

The Curse of Ratanapura

"Who wrote this horseshit?"

@ Pip!

Si xx

@ Si.

@ my sister getting married

@ Zeke in Neighbours. No, you haven't changed, you were a sh*t before the accident as well!

Si.

Your sister is getting married?

Si xx

She is! The stag do is tomorrow and the wedding is three weeks time!

I have to do a reading!

Si.

Might I suggest something by Terrance Dicks?

A reading from the book of Spiders:
    The Doctor spared a moment from his pursuit of Lupton to appreciate the hovercraft; nice, nippy little thing, a pleasure to drive. He wondered if he could talk the Brigadier into getting one for UNIT. Bound to come in useful.
    He rounded a bend in the twisting river and saw Lupton speeding away in front of him. The Doctor realised that the conditions of the chase were now reversed. Lupton had the larger, more powerful transport and the Doctor had to rely on superior skill to give him a chance of catching up.
    Amen.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I am currently listening to The Juggernauts. It is a very good adventure.
    I have just finished listening to it and I have to say it was a well written and acted play. Colin Baker played his Doctor well and I think that Bonnie did a fantastic job as Mel. Before I listened to this play I had the idea of Mel as one of the screamers and not much else but with this play Bonnie surprised me becaused she acted well and showed other sides to Mel.
    All in all a brilliant adventure.
    Last edited by cyberchris35; 5th May 2009 at 11:30 AM. Reason: To add a little review.

Pip Madeley Guest

Listened to 'The Enemy of the World' last night - an underrated gem. Sure, it slows down a bit during the second half, but there's some fantastic performances and the big arguments/confrontations make great audio. Love the way the whole story completely changes in episode four, when we discover what Salamander has really been up to.

I was amazed to hear the Doctor flirting with Astrid in episode 1. The little devil!

And give it forty or so years and he'd be flirting with another Astrid!

Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

Interesting to hear Maureen O'Brien narrating!

Wayne Guest

Halfway through Part 1 of 'Blood Money'.

I'm not going to reveal the title of what I'm currently listening to - but it does contain the word "boobydoos" several times, if that helps pin it down!

I suspect that narrows it down to a single option.

Si xx