Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

The Lads have, if that's what you require...

Ah - see what you mean.

This week - Echoes, Soap and Keepsake. Nearly all the CDs worked in the car too!

The early ones are a bit rough and ready, but they're a lot of fun
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Paradise Machine, A Baron For All Seasons and Blood Money - the Penny collection.

I'm a long way off from those ones, but their time will come. And anyway, Martin's in practically all the plays so far!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    And anyway, Martin's in practically all the plays so far!
    He's the John Barrowman of PS Audios!

You should do a boxset.
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Martin popped up as a pirate this morning (though not a Pop Up Pirate) in the fantastic 'Magical History Tour'. It's a huge leap on from Soap of Fatal Death in terms of story, character and production. And yes, the acting is better too!

He'll be popping up as Freddie Mercury soon then!!

Having finished off Dr Who and the Christmas Gnomes last week, I shall be starting a relisten of Heart of the Haniad later on, starring Paul Monk and M-- Yes, it's him again!!

Barry Letts has been reading The Daemons to me.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Doctor Who was a happy man!!

The free DWM Companion Chronicles download-The Mists Of Time,Katy Manning is a fanastic narator

Doctor Who defeated the villainous Kestero and saved Christmas itself last night. Some bit still made me chuckle, especially the scenes with Scott and Nick. Then we got 'Making Gnomes' and 'Consequences'.

"Now where did I put my gold stilletoes? They were here somewhere..."
    "These shoes! They fit perfectly!"
    "Oi! Come back with those!"

Etc. Oh the miracles of sound editing!

Pip Madeley Guest

"That would leave you in my hands... and my bed."

Heart of The Haniad was done last night. Nice to see Martin Penny back, I really missed him in The Christmas Gnomes! Haniad is a very visual story for something on audio. There's a few clunky moments of description, but I think it's pretty damn good. Unlike P-Bal, who doesn't seem to think it's that great! Fair enough, his part is Camp Villain from the planet Villainous. He's not the main focus of the story and maybe I should apologise for that. Anyway, he's moved on to bigger and better things now.

Heist! is next up, I had part one this morning. There's a lot of hiss on the vocals in the early scenes, but that gets better immeasurably as it goes along. A fun little story!

I enjoyed producing "Haniad" and it was lovely, leisurely pet project to do one Christmas. My favourite bit of production is the homage to "The Horns of Nimon"!

Si.

I've just listened to part 2 of Kalrexi Mutation. Finally!
    Its fun little story but I'm not 100% happy with my performance in it. I guess it could be because it was actually recorded ages ago. I just don't think I give it my all. Still never mind.

Episode 3 of Hortima Prime, by our own Paul Clement.

Previous story: The Christmas Conspiracy by John S. Drew
    Next story: Project Alpha by Richard A. Franklin, Playground of the Devil by Thomas Himinez & Shelly Dean, Object Permanence by Julio Angel Ortiz, OR one of your guys'.

Pip Madeley Guest

Galaxy Four

I love the voice the Rills chose - it's interesting to note the same actor played Malpha in 'Mission' (made in the same production block).

Alf Roberts?

Has Steve advanced towards "The Paradise Machine" yet then?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Alf Roberts?
    I can just about remember him in Corrie...

He played him in Masterplan. It was a different actor in Mish to Unk, being as it was made back to back to Galaxy 4, it's perhaps not a surprise the same actor was used.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I've finally got through The Paradise Machine and The Curse of Ratanapura, but I really had to coax the bloody CDs to play in the car. They'd be alright for 10 minutes or so, but then the sound gets choppy and eventually they seize up. I've had lots of turning the CD player off and on, taking the CDs out and in again trying to get them to play. It's been really frustrating.

Especially because I enjoyed both stories. The Paradise Machine has got Alex and Martin being lovely and evil, plus a good showing from the regulars. I like Ant Cox as Mills too, he makes a very good almost-companion for some bits of the story. The production is first-rate as well.

Ratanapura is also good fun, it's got a great atmosphere. It reminded me of the Wasp and The Unicorn a bit, though it's missing a stupid great wasp. Wonderful 'Old Toff' voices from the old boys. And I liked Lady Rosalind as the bitter old companion, that was a good idea. The Doctor's a bit excessively mean to her though. Excellent production and music.

As for the weaknesses - apologies in advance! - I've put them in spoiler text in case you don't want to read criticism. Paradise Machine has some bad dialogue lapses. The whole '...is my business' exchange between the Doctor and Garane I didn't much like, it seemed to go on about 3 lines too long. And the 'I was in the auditorium' line was strange too. After that, any time someone said 'Auditorium' it really seemed to stick out. The only other point was that I wasn't entirely convinced by Nick's rescue.

In Ratanpura, the main problem is that I got a little confused between the characters. Perhaps they needed a little something extra to make them distinct from each other. And Marwood was a bit too crude for me at times. He might be an old fisherman, but I didn't like it when he said 'Shitter'. Personal taste.

But they don't matter anyway, because they were both enjoyable to listen to. Therefore they were both a success.

Pip Madeley Guest

And Marwood was a bit too crude for me at times. He might be an old fisherman, but I didn't like it when he said 'Shitter'. Personal taste.
    Would you believe Si Hunt fought for that to go in?

Er, excuse me, I don't recall fighting for that to go in!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Honestly you did! I said it as a joke and I clearly remember you insisting it went in!

Maybe we'd had a drink.