Thread: Sleep

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's the time of year I hate, so not being a great sleeper anyway its reached the 'sleep downstairs in the cool with the window open until about 4am, then wake up coz its getting light and cold, crawl back upstais, then wake up every 20mins or so until its getting up time '

If it gets hotter like they say, it'll revert to the 'sleeping outside until it rains / dew falls' routine.

I hate the summer
    Bazinga !

I'm not fond of the Summer myself. I prefer the Autumn. You can always warm yourself up but you can't always cool yourself down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    You can always warm yourself up but you can't always cool yourself down.
    Eaxctly. Listen to the man. We're not descended from Vikings and Saxons for nothing !

(My fear about global warming isn't climate disasters or changes to our natural habitat. It's that I'll have to move to Norway to get a decent night's sleep )
    Bazinga !

I get pretty fed up with being exhausted during the day. I've got myself a blindfold for sleeping, which helps in summer when the sun comes up well before the alarm does.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

My friend has bought "blackout blinds" because she works shifts. It's excellent for keeping the bedroom bathed in darkness - keeps it cool during the day too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We are struggling at the moment as we had cavity wall filling installed last winter which is designed to hold in the heat. So we have to have a large fan blowing over us at night as it's unbearably hot in the bedrooms at the moment. Having said that, once asleep, I do sleep soundly.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I got 10 hours of sleep last night.

Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

7 hours and including the anti-psychotic mirtazapine nightly dose as well!
    I usually fall asleep in the afternoon some times. If not then I get 9 hours.