Pip Madeley Guest

Default Walter Randall RIP

According to the RT forum:

Toby Hadoke
    Walter Randall RIP
    Tue Mar 11 2008 13:30:09

If the latest Equity magazine is to be believed, Walter Randall has passed away. Can anyone from the RT confirm this : he took part in The Aztecs DVD. I haven't seen this reported anywhere else.
    A sad loss, I'm glad he was able to share his thoughts on the Aztecs DVD - Tonila is with Yexata now.

Captain Tancredi Guest

I think you mean Tonila, Pip (guess what I've been watching on Friday evenings lately).

If anything, 'The Aztecs' is still one of the more fortunate Hartnell stories in terms of a reasonable number of the cast staying with us long enough to give that insight into how the story was made. Although Randall was never a name actor as such, he crops up in quite a few stories (mostly Douglas Camfield's) and his slightly Mediterranean looks led to him being cast as an interesting collection of nationalities.

Pip Madeley Guest

Corrected

Pip Madeley Guest

From the lack of posts in this thread I take it that most people are clueless as to who Walter was, but he's a very recognisable face during the 60s and early 70s:

Tonila in The Aztecs
    El Akir in The Crusade
    Hysksos in The Daleks Masterplan
    Patrolman in The Invasion
    Harry Slocum in Inferno
    Guard Captain in Planet of the Spiders

I'll remember him for his very devilish role as El Akir, at the end of 'The Wheel of Fortune'.