Default The Sun/News of the World Free DVD Offer

Starts next week:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle903055.ece

School Reunion/Army of Ghosts/Doomsday/Smith and Jones/Blink/Utopia

Usual drill: Vouchers to get the discs from Asda/Martin McColls, or send them away with £4.50 at the end of the week. Similar to the offer they ran back in 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    or send them away with £4.50 at the end of the week...
    ....and get a "free" Sarah Jane Smith audio too.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

WhiteCrow Guest

Surely though I feel it's only a matter of time before the Sun in typical style builds up Doctor Who only to turn on it. It is produced by "sick perverts" (RTD is gay to you and me), so surely it won't be long before the Scum returns to form.

Surely though I feel it's only a matter of time before the Sun in typical style builds up Doctor Who only to turn on it.
    I detect some anti-Sun sentiments here....

The Sun are now in their fifth year of running almost daily plugs for the show (of course they sell papers off the back of this, and why not), as long as the show is popular, they'll continue to do so. I've seen "fans" saying since day one that the Sun are likely to "turn on the show", but I'm yet to see any evidence to back this up.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

The Sun tends to like 'Great British Institutions' like "Only Fools" and Doctor Who, as it chimes with their "up the people!" kind of mentality. They've always covered the show, even when it wasn't on, and the Doctor and the Daleks are as much a part of British Working Culture as football, Del Boy and vacant looking girls with their tits out.

Si.

Captain Tancredi Guest

This could have been handy except that next week is the worst possible week as far as I'm concerned- I won't be at work so will miss out on the tokens from the Currant Bun that gets ordered for the office (I have such well-read colleagues!), and I can't buy the Sun in Merseyside, where I'll be (or at least let my Dad see me buying it).

Pip Madeley Guest

Give it a few weeks and Duncan'll have them on eBay.

They'll be in charity shops quicker than you can say "this shop reeks of old person's piss".

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Give it a few weeks and Duncan'll have them on eBay.
    Nope. I won't have access to them as they are an ASDA give away. I only get given the stuff The Mirror gives away in Somerfield. Although, it may be worth giving my local ASDA a ring to see what they are doing with them.

The last lot were given away at Somerfield, but for some reason ASDA and Martin's is the preferred choice this time.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Pip Madeley Guest

Covers, for those who are interested in variations: