Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wayne Guest

Default It's been a long time since we had - QUESTIONS!

Just because i'm in the mood. You know the drill:

1. What was the last thing you bought from a charity shop?

2. What would you do if you couldn't use a computer for a month? Would you cope? How would you fill in the time which your normally spend at your computer?

3. If you could make one law which you think might help to improve society, what would it be?

4. How many non-fiction books about Dr.Who do you have, & which is your favourite, or most important one?

5. What colour is your bathroom suite?

6. What was the last music/concert dvd that you bought?

7. How do you react when you think someone is taking something that you consider to be pretty trivial, really seriously?

8. When was the last time you felt guilty over something which you said or did which you later admitted to yourself was a bit out of order.

8. Do you have a manipulitive streak? How does it manifest itself?

9. What's your strongest memory about your schooldays?

10. Describe your ideal 'lazy' Sunday indoors on a rainy day, & you've got all your jobs done.

11. What's your favourite, or most commonly indulged in snack or 'comfort' food?

12. One word answer - The monarchy: Yes or No?

13. Sharing a house/flat - What's the best & worst things about it?

14. Electric or normal toothbrush?

15. If you had to move back in with your parents for a month, how would be? Fine? Or would you be pulling your hair out after 3 days?

16. Depending on your perspective, what's the worst/greatest/most outrageous thing you've ever done whilst you've been drunk?

17. What's the best & worst things about where you live. Not your house, but the street, or the area.

18. Have you ever been to a sauna? If so, what did you think of it?

19. Do you still have a VCR in use in your home?

20. Who was the last person you texted or spoke to on the phone?

A Severed Head! (a book by Iris Murdoch) and Sci-fi! Michael Moorcock's Behold The Man.

2. What would you do if you couldn't use a computer for a month? Would you cope? How would you fill in the time which your normally spend at your computer?
    It'd be great. I'd get all those DVD's watched and enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle of swimming, cycling and weight training.

3. If you could make one law which you think might help to improve society, what would it be?
    I'd ban shareholders.

4. How many non-fiction books about Dr.Who do you have, & which is your favourite, or most important one?
    Hmm - loads! The Cybermen book was my favourite for nostalgia reasons, but I reckon the About Time series represents the best reads.

Avacado.

Erm... it's been a while! The last one I watched was R.E.M. Live which I got for Christmas.

7. How do you react when you think someone is taking something that you consider to be pretty trivial, really seriously?
    I'm not going to answer that, dammit. What the hell is this some kind of question anyway? Are you quizing me to buggery? Damn yer eyes, sir!

8. When was the last time you felt guilty over something which you said or did which you later admitted to yourself was a bit out of order.
    Every time I've been mean about this guy at work. He brings it on himself to an extent, but he's not coping.

I wouldn't know how. This is the second question 8, by the way!

Good: Sunny days chatting about English and music. Bad: All the d*ckheads at the Grammar school. Hiding in the toilets because I was bored and lonely at lunchtime.

10. Describe your ideal 'lazy' Sunday indoors on a rainy day, & you've got all your jobs done.
    Bit of exercise, but of DVD watching, an episode of Morse perhaps, followed by a roast dinner and some writing or something.

11. What's your favourite, or most commonly indulged in snack or 'comfort' food?
    Mars Duos. As big as Mars Bars used to be!

Hell yeah!

Best: house nights out, getting ready with friends, the sense of camaraderie. Worst: having the champagne that I won on Karaoke night stolen by a drunken Luxembourgian woman.

I've seen the light - Electric!

15. If you had to move back in with your parents for a month, how would be? Fine? Or would you be pulling your hair out after 3 days?
    Fine, provided I had my own TV and computer access - otherwise it might get fractious.

16. Depending on your perspective, what's the worst/greatest/most outrageous thing you've ever done whilst you've been drunk?
    So many to choose from! Smeared a burger in someone's face in a nightclub? Vomiting into an oven dish in the kitchen in front of all of my sober flat mates? Pulling Si Hart?

17. What's the best & worst things about where you live. Not your house, but the street, or the area.
    Best - nice green areas, sense of community. Worst - town centre could do with improving, Great Hollands is pretty grotty.

Spa yes, sauna no. Spa was very nice.

Hell yeah! They haven't released the whole of Doctor Who on DVD yet!

Duh, Simon!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I'm not going to answer that, dammit. What the hell is this some kind of question anyway? Are you quizing me to buggery? Damn yer eyes, sir!

This is the second question 8, by the way!
    DOH! Silly me! We'll have to refer to it as 8a & 8b or something.

I'll answer these a bit later.

bloody hell 20 questions at once - it's a bit padded is it not?

Some holiday reading. There were some very good reads among them too.

Going on holiday mostly! Ermm, it's tricky to do vbacuse my work is all done on pcs, so I'd have a month off work and enjoy lots of books, catching up on DVDs and going on long walks.

I think I'd nationalise all the power companies and cap the prices we can pay for our energy.

I have 80. I just counted them all. Oh my!
    My favourite is probably The Cyberman book which was great in its time, or more recently Inside the TARDIS by James Chapman, which was an impressive collection of essays which I enjoyed immensely.

Gween.

Neil Finn Live at 51 West which i got on holiday and haven't watched yet.

Incredulity!

It probably wasn't that long ago. I think it was probably last weekend when i snapped at Steve over something.

Yes. Mostly emotional manipiulation. It's bad.

I remember loving being at primary school, being popular and happy.

On the soaf with Steve watching Inspector Morse or something is pretty damn wonderful!

Cake. I don't mind what kind it is, I just love Cake.

Yes.

Being kept awake at night by noisy flatmates.

Normal.

I don't think it'd go well. I endured a year after uni and I vowed i wouldn't go back. I couldn't go back.

Where do I begin? I think the worst might have been snogging my best mates boyfriend when he was upstairs in the loo... I've done lots that I'm not proud of down the years while drunk.

I grew up here, so there's a lot of nostlagia baout this area for me. I think it's one of the nicer areas of the town, but it's looking a bit past it;s best now perhaps.

Never.

Yes.

Last text was to Steve, last phone call was at work last night with a customer ringing up to renew his books.

Si xx
    Last edited by SiHart; 16th Mar 2008 at 12:57 PM.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

I don't buy too much from charity shops these days, I must admit, the last thing I bought as far as I can remember is a video of Inspector Gadget for Trudi's son. He loved it.

This week alone, I've really cut down on my out-of-work PC usage, simply because I've had to fit other things into my reduced spare time, and I've been going to bed earlier too - last night for instance, I got home after six and after tea, a trip to Sainsburys, a bath and doing my washing, I was totally knackered and was in bed by half ten, and asleep before 11pm. So there's plenty to do apart from sit at the computer.

Dentists must be made to serve a minimum of ten years giving service to NHS patients, before they can go private. We pay National Insurance for their studies, we should get something back.

I've got quite a few. I found 'The Seventies' book the other day while going through some old boxes, and a lot of nostalgic memories flooded back. The most important is probably "25 Glorious Years" as it was responsible for a great deal of my early knowledge of the show. As for favourite, probably "The Fourth Doctor Handbook", because it was so elusive. I had to go to the big library in town to find it, and I kept it out as long as possible. I think I eventually bought it, though I don't know where's it got to.

Grey/white. Classy, not dull.

I don't know, really. I take some trivial things seriously myself, as fans of Doctor Who, most of us have been guilty of it at some point.

Swearing at my dad. I tend to do it a little too often, but I always apologise to him and give him a hug.

8a. Do you have a manipulitive streak? How does it manifest itself?

I've had one, I certainly don't have it anymore. It's not good to manipulate.

Performing a play in English with one of my best friends. The class was put into groups and we had to right a ten-minute play/scene, then act it out to the rest of the class. Ours was entitled "The Adventures of Reverend Wiggy", and I played the title role of the Rev in a church. We wrote the script together, it was daft (for some reason there was an IRA bomber involved) but great fun. It was so popular with our fellow pupils and the teacher that we were asked to do a sequel - in which I ended up involved in a Professionals/Detectives on the Edge of a Nervous Breakdown style-chase, piling into a load of cardboard boxes we'd found. I was 13.

Probably sat at the PC doing some bits and bobs (I've got the Haniad cover and a bit of the 'Allo 'Allo site to do tomorrow) or sitting watching a DVD (The Time Meddler arrived from Lovefilm today so I'll watch that before the weekend is out).

Used to be crisps, but I'm barely hungry between meals these days. I've spent a total of over three hours this week doing brisk walking to/from work, so I'm feeling the benefit already!

We should loan them out to foreign countries like reserve football teams loan out players, that'd be Genius.

Best: Dad does the cooking for us, which is nice.

Worst: Fighting for the bathroom - my sister sits in there smoking, so when I get in I come out smelling like an ashtray. Fighting for the washing machine - my sis seems to know exactly when you're about to do your washing, and beats you to it. Fighting over the telly - rare, but when there's two things on Sky at the same time, it's chaos.

I have both, a Dr Who branded 'leccy brush, and a new interdental one I bought last night. I prefer the manual one, makes you feel a bit cleaner. And I'll be seeing the dentist within the next week or two (fingers crossed) so I'll be going at them a lot.

I live with my dad, and on the whole it's fine, but we do get irritated with each other now and then - hence the swearing I mentioned earlier. I'd much rather live with my dad than my mum, though.

My most recent memory is singing 'Turn It On Again' by Genesis at a karaoke bar in front of about a hundred people last Saturday night. Apparently I wasn't out-of-tune, which surprised me!

Best: the Sainsburys that's literally over the road (a very handy corner shop!), the M60 motorway beyond that, and the big park a few minutes walk away.

Worst: the absolute tossers who, rather than park in the big Sainsburys car park like they should, drive down our road and park in front of our house, leaving no spaces for the residents. It's been going on for years but nobody will do anything about it. I don't drive myself, but it still annoys me. Tomorrow is the big Sport Relief "Manchester Mile" in the local park and I just know our road is going to be piled up with cars. Other than that, the chavs who live on the street round the corner. I don't like chavs.

Never been. I only take my shirt off in front of immediate family and girlfriend (delete as applicable)

We do have a Philips VCR, but it's only in use when I'm copying items to DVD. Which has gone a bit quiet of late (sorry Mr Cox!). The lack of time these days is to blame.

Spoke to: Dad. Texted: My friend John. He hasn't replied yet. Boo.

I don't think I ever have. We have just filled a bag with clothes for a charity to come and collect, but I don't recall ever buying from a charity shop.

My wife would be overjoyed if I couldn't use the PC for a month. I'd be lost without it and my e-bay sales would dry up. I'd probably be able to exercise more, do some of those outstanding jobs around the house and even get the backlog of DVD's watched.

I'd ban the consumption of alcolhol in the street and on public transport. Drinking would then only be legal in your home or in a licensed premesis.

Without going to dig them all out, I have 4. The first one I got was a Cyberman book way back in 1988.

White.

I bought Take That in concert at the O2 for my son to give to his Mum on Mothers day. It was the concert that I took her to last year, but we couldn't spot ourselves in the crowd when we watched the DVD.

It depends on what their reaction is. If they are getting upset, I'll try and pacify the situation. If they are getting worked up, I'll let them get on with it.

Ah, I still feel awful about this today. My Mum told me she was going to be on Who Wants to be A Millionaire when it turns out all she did was ring the number and get the qualifying question correct. So I put together a fake letter from the production company telling her that she had been picked and that she was to report to the London Television studios at Waterloo on a particular date and time. She went around telling everyone that she was going to be on Millionaire. At a family party, I then handed out copies of the letter to everyone and at a given signal, they are produced these letters which sort of told my Mum that she had been duped. It was clear on her face that she was quite upset, and I immediately felt that I was a bit out of order. My guilt made me go out and buy her the biggest bunch of flowers I have ever bought anyone.

Not that I am aware of, although I do sort of take the lead in running my sci-fi forum when I am supposed to be joint admin of it. Sorry Thasc.

Letting the bullies win. I wanted to be an English and Drama Teacher when I was at school but the bullies wouldn't let me study and I let them get away with it.

Sky Sports would be on and I'd be strtched out on the sofa.

I don't have a sweet tooth, I like savoury foods. I suppose Crisps are my downfall.

No.

Best would be having great company. Worst would be having to clear up after other people.

Electric.

My parents have become annoying as they have grown older, but my Mum would look after me I'm sure.

I hate the sensation of being drunk and have never got myself into such a state that I have done anything stupid.

The best is that we live in a cul-de-sac and the traffic is minimal. The road runs around the back of my house, so the kids can go out and play in front of the house safely. The worst is that there are no other kids in the street for them to play with. We should have done a bit more homework before buying it.

I have never been to a sauna.

Yes, we have three in fact.

My wife, to tell her I was on my way home yesterday.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I've neve bought any thing from a charity shop.

Well last year I went nearly 2 weeks with out the internet due to having problems with my new Vista computer and getting my phone line linked up for broad band and that was pretty tough going. But if I had no computer for a month i'd just read or watch telly.

I'd bring back the death penalty

only the biography of Tom Baker

white

never bought one

just laugh and think what a pathetic person they are

when I shout and lose my patience with my elderly father, some thing i always feel bad about.

no

to be honest i don't really have any.

reading the sunday papers then spending the afternoon watching the football on sky.

certainly not a "comfort food" but the various cake bars you get are my favourite snack.

no

best is some one always being there so you don't get loanly - worst not being able to do what you want.

normal

becuase of personal circumstances i've always lived at home

I don't ever (only att christmas) touch alcohol.

best is being a few minutes drive from the country - worst thing is definitely all the thousands of bloody new homes they want to build in my area.

no

I have a combined VCR/DVD player which I have still been using to watch my old Doctor Who, videos but as i've now decided to get rid of them all i'll soon be replacing it with just a DVD player.

well if you exclude the person i speek to when ordering my taxi each day then I think it was my brother.

A CD of instrumental 'space themed' mood-music tracks a few weeks ago. Thought it might come in usual on a certain forthcoming PS Audio!

I would cope yes, though I'd miss being able to order things on-line and communicating with people. I'd love to report that in the absence of a computer I'd take up an exciting new hobby like learning Spanish or topless darts. But I fear I'd just watch a whole load more telly.

These are quality questions! I think my law would be that if someone was sighted commiting a public nuisance crime, typically dropping litter, vandalising public property, or dog fouling, via a new network of CCTV cameras that covered every street and identified a person instantly from super-cool optical recognition software patched into the National DNA database, then a specially assigned officer would automatically be given the right to inflict that same crime on the offender. For example, visiting their home and inserting dropped litter or dog doings through their letter box, or vandalising their house. Like "Justice World" in "Red Dwarf". It'd soon stamp out those sorts of crimes.

Many, I love Doctor Who factual books and I'm a sucker for episode guides. My all time favourites would probably be the mighty "The Discontinuity Guide" and "Completely Useless Encyclopedia", but recently I've collected all the "About Time" books by Lawrence Miles and Tat Wood. They're just brilliant, picking every story apart for trivia, facts and appraisal to a level of detail never seen before. I'd heartily recommend all the books.

We have purple walls and light blue accessories. I designed and decorated it myself.

I got given "Darren Hayes Live" as a recent present, before that I probably bought Kylie's Homecoming Tour for a boy who shall be nameless for Christmas.

In what sense? If they're getting offended by something I have said lightheartedly, I would apologise and stress it wasn't meant seriously. You have to allow for people of different sensitivitys in life. If someone was picking over something that doesn't really matter (like the curly t's on the typeface of the replaced Doctor Who DVD credits) I would tell them to get some perspective as there are far more important things to worry about in life.

One of my new years resolutions was not to speak badly about people behind their back. Not that I regularly bitch about people, but it's very hard not to negatively criticise someone when they arn't there, and I don't like that as I don't think it's very fair. It might even be as much as remarking "state of that!" about someone you pass in the street or slagging off someone on TV for looking old. But I wince inside everytime I do that, because it's not nice. I try not to, but sometimes it's difficult not to pass judgement.

Alternatively, sometimes I say something I regret instantly. I remember once someone bought me a live CD for my birthday which was a lovely thing to do and I really treasured the gesture. But before I could stop myself I replied with "Thanks, that's good because I got the DVD of that as well!" which made it sound like I had already got a superior version which 'trumped' the present. That's not how I meant it, but as soon as I said it I wished I hadn't. But you can't take certain things back, because they are said and that's that.

Not in an aggressive way, I don't think although I do tend to 'lead' rather than 'follow' and sometimes situations have to be engineered to get the right outcomes. So for example I might drop hints about being invited to someone house or something! But I think I'm largely too laid back to be manipulative.

Oh lots and lots of memories. Last night I scanned in a class photo for my fourth year at primary school (age 10/11) and I could name everyone in it, forenames and surnames. A surprisingly large amount of people who were there can't, but I remember them all. I remember every teacher, and a lot of days at school like Kelly Mack secretely whispering she had a crush on me age 7! I never did anything about that because I didn't really like her back. And then Emma Angel did the same which TERRIFIED me because she was er... well, I don't want to speak bad about anyone again! But nobody fancied her and there was a reason. I was quite a dish as a child.

I think my ideal day would be curling up with a good film and a box of chocolates! There, that was refreshingly normal wasn't it?

Contrary to my healthy regime, I do love a nice box of chocolates or a Budgeons Coconut Flapjack. But I feel bad if I have too many, so I typically have two and then put the box back in the fridge. Some people apparently find that incredibly weird that I can just have two, but that's treat enough for me. It ruins the treat if I feel I've overindulged, as then I feel guilty.

Yes.

Having to compromise with other peoples cleanlines. At University my housemate marked used to leave his washing up stacked up until the end of the month then do it all at once. It used to drive me mad! And he ignored my colour-coded cleaning up rota with the little pictures on. Monica here soon took action and bundled all his dirty plates into a box which was left in the garden. That didn't go down too well.

Both! I love my Electric but somehow I don't feel as if it's working hard enough. There's no pain and so, I feel, no gain! So I always give it a few minutes manual brushing beforehand to make sure.

The hair one. Your parents will always treat you as if you are a kid, so after a few days (after what I call "the honeymoon period") they stop remembering how glad they are to have you home and go back to giving you orders, being dissaproving and reminding you to do things you are already about to do.

I don't think it's dignified to brag about things you have done whilst you are drunk.

The best things are that it's close to the station, and a picturesque area. You can walk up to the town amid trees and the river, and yet London is only a short distance away on the train. It's perfectly balanced between not being too far from civilisation, yet still being unspoilt. I very much like where I live. The downside is that it's still quite far away from some family and friends that I don't see as much as I'd like - namely my friend Matt and my neice Daisy. I feel I'm missing out on a friendship being so far away from Matt, and I don't want to feel I'm missing out on Daisy growing up either.

Yes I have, it was very hot and sweaty! And no, it wasn't that kind of sauna, to those sniggering at the back.

Yes, but it's barely used. We still have lots of tapes that need transferring to DVD, so we keep it on standby. I also still have a fully working Betamax in the loft.

My Aunt rang a few minutes ago to see if Mum wanted to take Nan to visit them on Good Friday. Apart from that I texted Simon and my sister yesterday.

Si.

[17. What's the best & worst things about where you live. Not your house, but the street, or the area.
    worst - town centre could do with improving, Great Hollands is pretty grotty.
    !
    come on steve dropping an atom bomb on bracknell town centre couldn't improve it it's just awful..

A brown leather jacket, to make a party costume as a certain Northern Time Lord
    If we're just talking for leisure, then I'd get to catch up on all the DVDs I haven't watched yet
    Re-Nationalise all the energy and transport companies – privatisation hasn't worked at al
    I'd guess about 50 – the one I dip into the most is probably the Location Guide, but the one I enjoy reading is AHistory
    Apricot
    It was so long ago it was on video – Genesis – We Can't Dance
    I wouldn't notice until I'd done some serious damage.
    Hmmm – can't think of anything recently.
    No
    Having such a great time with my friends in the Upper Sixth
    In reality it would be trying to entertain the kids. In an 'ideal' lazing on the settee reading
    Cheese
    Yes
    Best - Suddenly being a grown up having to deal with a variety of social situations
    Worst – prob sexual frustration !!
    Normal
    Fine for me – probably a nightmare for my dad (he'd be tearing his hair out first )
    After going to a Gary Glitter concert and getting hammered I turned up at a fellow student's flat, spent at least an hour unsuccessfully trying to chat her up and then fell into a hedge on the way home. Ah – student life
    Best – nice countryside just on the doorsetp
    Worst – being hundreds of miles away from my family and old freinds
    Yes – it was OK, but I couldn't really see the attraction (and even with the wife there, too hot and sweaty for anything of that kind )
    Yes - record everything on tape, then transfer to DVD when I have time
    Phoned - my Dad. Texted - never.
    Bazinga !

Wayne Guest

I got back home this very day clutching a copy of this book from the Hospice shop for £2.50.

It would be weird that's for sure, but i'd adjust. I'd probably practise more guitar & get out & about more. And probably use the phone a lot more too.

It's difficult, because i don't think laws change people's attitudes. How do you engender a sense of general respect for others & for your surroundings within people who just don't seem to have any incling of the concept?
    It's little things i hate like litterbugs, & people who spit on the ground & stuff like that. Infact, reading Si Hunt's post, i feel very similar to him on these issues & things like dog fouling & vandalism. So i'll borrow his answer for this one.

I Am the Doctor - Jon Pertwee
    Classic Who: The Hinchcliffe Years
    The three decades books. 60's, 70's, & '80s. (80's one bought from Harpi!)
    Cybermen. David Banks
    The New Audio Adventures - The Inside Story
    The Programme Guide - Jean Marc Wotsit.

My favourite has to be Dr Who:The 70's, but over all of those is the Radio Times 10th Anniversary Special.

White

'Wes Montgomery in Europe 1965'

Usually with mixture of disdain, irritation, sarcasm, & a sense of the futility of it all!

I got irritable with my Dad a few months ago & told him he was doing my head in with his nitpicking. He'd just happened to phone me when i was in a foul mood over something. I later apologized

Yes. Subtley.

I suppose there are a few things. Wagging it from double games & P.E. as often as possible. Being one of the few people in the school who was into Punk before anyone else. Mrs Pearson's arse. Joining the chess club just so i could stay indoors at breaktimes in the winter. Singing my heart out in music lesson, & suddenly finding with great dismay that i'd been selected for the school choir. Getting told off for for 'playing Daleks' when i should've given up my dinner time for choir practise! But generally, i spent most of it daydreaming & couldn't find much genuine interest in most of the subjects. School for me was a cross between a social club, & being in prison.

Watching dvds all day like most days!

With the exception of Chocalate, i'm not much for sweet stuff. But i do love chocolate! I've been pretty good with my diet as most of you know, but i do lapse from time to time. I was at a friends recently, & i'd forgotten how much i love Bombay Mix, until without really even noticing, i virtually polished off a bowl full.

No.

Best thing: Never paying for a tv license or a full utility bill. Worst thing: Other people! Si's 'washing the pots' story has a familiar ring to it. You never see pots in my sink!

Normal.

The hair definitely. I love 'em to bits, but we're equally set in our different ways. 3 or 4 days at christmas is do-able, but any more & i feel like a caged lion.

There's been loads, but i suppose snogging Dave Taylor is quite notable.

I feel like i've got the best of both worlds because it's so quiet where i live that you'd never believe that i'm so close to the town centre. Tesco is my corner shop. It's all just so convenient, & yet i'm probably the noisiest thing about our area.
    There's no real bad thing except that now & again you get winos collecting together & drinking cheap cider in a slightly sheltered area that just round the corner which i pass through virtually everyday on my way out. They don't intimidate me as such, & it doesn't happen that often, but i just find them a bit sad.

Never been. But have wondered what it's like.

I have 3! I've ended up with my sister & Mum Dads' old ones as well as mine. 2 are in the living room. One's connected to the tv ariel, & i just use it for taping casual stuff when i'm out that i'm only gonna watch once. Usually that just means Corrie. The other doesn't record anymore, but plays fine, & is rigged up to the DVD recorder for the occasional video transferring, which is only once in a blue moon these days, but has still come in handy. The most recent occasion was when someone from these very boards sent me a VHS recording of Hawkwind on Australian tv.
    I have a 3rd one hanging around in the bedroom, which is also connected to a telly. But it only gets used on very rare occasions.

I spoke to a mate of mine called Jimmy this morning. I hardly ever text unless i'm on a train or a bus. I can't be arsed.

1)I can't remember as I donate stuff much more then I buy

2)Probably use my PS3 much more

3)Ban the 24hour licence on alcohol in pubs

4)About 12 tho Im gonna be buying the About Time set.I do like the Discontinuity Guide a lot

5)Blue

6)Mika-Live In Cartoon Motion and very good it is too

7)Laugh and take the piss usually

8)Can't say I remember

8)Oh yes

9)The Bomb Scare and Central News turning up in 1986

10)I very rarely have a lazy sunday as I'm workin most,it would be sunday lunch,out with my dogs and veggin in front of the telly tho

11)Does Pasta count as snack food?

12)Yes

13)Living by your own rules as opposed to your parents

14)I use both

15)Fine as I live part time with them anyway

16)Being epileptic I can't really get drunk

17)The best and worst thing in equal measure is that its too quiet

18)Does a sauna in the gym count?

19)oh yes connected to my dvd/vcr/tv combi

20)I texted my mate Ian in Chesterfield and last spoke to Toshiba confirming warranty on my laptop

Big Finish 'Embrace The Darkness' but that was a few years ago.

It would be difficult but I'd just have to cope. Lots of decorating to do soon so I'll probably end up not using the PC a lot anyway!

Banning tw*tish drivers.

I think I have about 14. My fave is probably The Early Years or The Key To Time.

White.

I don't think I ever have!

"Oh for God's sake!"

Many times but I can't remember the last time.

Not especially.

Avoiding the cross-country with Andrew by making sure we were at the back of the line, nipping off into Cannizaro Park (Wimbledon Common) for an hour and then tagging onto the end of the line when they passed the park gates on the way back!

Watching something 'easy' on TV with him indoors and then having tea and cake.

I don't tend to snack much.

Amazingly, yes.

Great if you get on with our housemates, crap if not.

Normal.

N/A

Throwing up into my college rucksack on the tube!

Nice quiet street, and easy to get to everything, but loadsa traffic.

No.

We have one but it's put away in a cupboard.

Spoke to t'other half earlier today and texted him yesterday.

The last thing I bought for myself was Misty's Big Adventure - Funny Times for 50p, which wasn't bad for an album which was only released back in November.

I think it would be quite nice, oddly enough, to have a complete break, I do find myself just wasting time surfing the net a fair bit when I could be doing something productive instead. That said, after three days away at Butlins I was looking forward to getting back online and checking my emails, etc.

All intentional physical violence should lead to a prison sentence.

I used to have loads, but I've sold them all off over the years.

Beige.

Haven't bought one in ages, but I did rent out Pulp's Feeling Called Live / Finsbury Park one recently.

I just try and get them to calm down and see why it doesn't need to be taken serioiusly.

Edit to change answer: I snapped at my Mum a few times last year which I felt guilty about, but I always apologised afterwards.

I don't think so, no.

Probably the drama lessons we had, which were always fun if often quite quite bizarre. Paul and I had this guy called Jamin in our group who was by far the worst person I've ever seen try to act, not that he really even did that, but he was often very funny. If I ever mention the words "Rat In The Kitchen" to anyone who was there they'll always chuckle about it.

Well, spending it in bed with a significant other really can't be beaten. A mix of sex, watching dvds and eating chocolate and takeaways would be perfect.

Fry's Chocolate Orange bars. They're lovely.

No.

When I was at uni the best thing was that it created an instant social life for me, we all got on brilliantly and had so much fun together. The worst thing was by the third year and I really needed to knuckle down and work, the noise created by others was really frustrating.

Normal.

I did, last year due to the leg and it was a real rollercoaster ride. I did really appreciate all my Mum did for me, but she can be incredibly irritating sometimes too, and the way she can tell a quite depressing tale about something that's happened to someone she vaguely knew over the course of about an hour drove me to despair sometimes.

Hehe. Blimey, there's a question...Hmmm...As for the worst, being carried out of a nightclub by friends whilst shouting "You're all ****ing lesbians" has to be pretty much an all time low, but I was quite depressed about not having pulled for ages by then and was absolutely paralytic. I'd like to stress I've never acted like that since too. As for the greatest thing, well, singing on stage at Hackney Empire back in 96 (a long story, but the short vs. is that the support band asked people to come up to sing various songs) was fantastic fun. And as for most outrageous...Hmmm...I think I'll keep quiet about that one.

Everything I need is within a three minute walk (video shop, off licence, post office, book shop, small mini-markets, the tube, and a great pub), plus I live right opposite the police station so always feel really safe there. The only downside is it can be quite noisy at night, but I've learnt not to really notice it now.

I've been to one whilst on holiday with my family, I never really enjoyed them to be honest though, the jacuzzi they had there was much more fun.

Yep, though I use it less and less these days.

Kathy, we've arranged to catch up one afternoon in London soon, which should be fun.
    Last edited by Alex; 15th Mar 2008 at 10:10 PM.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

WhiteCrow Guest

Young Indiana Jones, Train of Doom video - Cameron loves it

Lots more cycling, lots more reading, lots more sports. But it's not being able to look up info would drive me mad.

Cars over 1.3 litres would be banned. BMW drivers shot on sight.

Cyberman book and several episode guides. I have no "science of Doctor Who" books, because these days it's about as Science Fact as Flash Gordon.

White-ish

Don't own a single one. I did get a Kate Bush VIDEO January 1993.

Get a life Jim, but not as we know it!

My mother is half-Jewish. My life is one long guilt trip.

I'm not really sure - never been accused of being manipulative - wish I was a bit more to be honest just to get my own way once in a while.

I remember my first day at Playschool the teacher making us do paintings using straws to suck up paint and blow onto paper. I sucked, swallowed, choked.

I am married - she always finds new jobs.

Bread of some description.

I'm with Oliver on this one.

The company you keep.

Tried both, they do the same job, and I have no favourite. Sometimes I use an electric one manually cos I'm just so crazy.

In 1999 we did move in with them whilst waiting for a house to come through. My dad got angry with me cos a BUSH video tape was in a JVC video sleave.

I can't think of one. When I'm drunk I tend to be sleepy. When I am sober you need to watch out.

The people - both catergories.

Nope - but I've had sports massages which is nice.

ypu - mrs crow is old school

Avoiding the cross-country with Andrew by making sure we were at the back of the line, nipping off into Cannizaro Park (Wimbledon Common) for an hour and then tagging onto the end of the line when they passed the park gates on the way back!

Those were the days!!!
    I thought the best 'get out of cross-country' scheme was when we managed to get our names down on the list to do swimming every week. Basically the class was split in half, with half the class running one week while the other half got swimming (I should add that 'swimming' just meant dossing about in the pool, no actual swimming was required). Instead of alternating between the two sports we appeared to do swimming every week. I don't recall how we did it but our names were always down for swimming no matter what the rest of our 'half of the class' were doing!!!

A Dean Koontz book

Watch telly. Maybe work, but only if I have to.

None

Beigey

Rush 30

I tend to ignore it.

When I shouted at for no good reason

I don't think so

Great big roast dinner, couple of DVD's and a couple of glasses of wine

Popcorn

Yes

Lovely people.

Normal

It would be fine

I'd rather not incriminate myself

It's a really nice, quiet safe area. The only bad thing is that it's at the top of a hill.

Yes, and nice as long as you recognise your limit

No

My friend Simon
    "All we found in his pockets were knives and lint"

I think it was an old Magic Roundabout plate, for t'father-in-law (he's a bit of a Dylan the Rabbit fan).

Having recently been without the computer (that is to say, without the internet) it's perfectly survivable, and it didn't drive me mad... but I did miss it. Not just posting on PS (which I missed a lot) but also the convenience of looking up the new or the weather or checking out an actor on IMDB to find out where you recognise him or her from. It's made me realise how much we use the internet now - which isn't a "ooh, scary, how dependant we are, tut tut" comment, just an observation.

Some kind of 'common sense' judgement - so that we don't get these absurd situations where the criminal's human rights effectively treat him far better than he or she deserves, or where people are sued for defending themselves, etc. It would be impossible to make workable though, because I suppose we all have a different definition of what is the fair thing in any given situation.

Between 20 and 25 I reckon. My favourite is probably the original Programme Guide, simply because it was just so full of new information at the time. I also love A Celebration and The Key to Time for the same reason. The 60s/70s/80s books are great too, and I dearly love the 2005 Script book too!!

That would seem to suggest that we ought to have some kind of co-ordinated colour scheme in our bathroom... Next question please!

Bought for myself, probably Dido's Life for Rent. Bought for me, ABBA Gold.

A mixture of fear and amusement. How far do you push it, and do you risk them becoming really annoyed if you laugh?

1994, when I glibly said "You big butch thing you". I can't even remember where it's a quote from now, but I could instantly tell it did not go down well.

Unless taking my companions back to meet their parents as children, or showing them houses that terrified them as children, then no.

Probably being head sheep - or the day the bell fell, although I don't actually recall the moment. But, from Primary school anyway, lots and lots of moments - Fun!!

With the faint sound of the tumble-dryer coming from the kitchen (I love to know the washing's on the go) it would probably be having the TV to myself to watch some Doctor Who. However, we've yet to get to the "all the jobs done" phase, so it's all hypothetical at this stage!!

Favourite, liquorice allsorts, or any other sort of sweet. Most commonly indulged in, biscuits!!!

Yes.

But not quite so many of them on the civil list, please.

Plus, I think Charles will actually be a very good King, and Camilla a very suitable Queen (better than the previous wife I reckon).

Best, a bit of company; worst, the potential for unfair division of labour...

Normal. [Insert some sort of 'don't like things vibrating in my mouth' gag here.]

I think it would be a struggle - I don't remember saying it, but apparently I once said (after me and bruv had left home) that "once you've washed your own socks, you don't want to come back home". I think once you've become independant, reverting to that dependancy (or at least, a lesser degree of activity) isn't good, and isn't easy to bear.

Worst was probably getting very sickly (not sick, but pretty ropey) on my brother's pre-wedding pub trip. It wasn't a stag do, or even a pub crawl, but somehow I was very quickly 'not very well' and I always feel it ruined it a bit for him.

Best is that it's fairly safe, and not too crowded. Worst is currently the fact that at 2.5 miles from the secondary school, Little Miss won't qualify for school transport, so some juggling will be needed to ensure she can get home every day!

No. So, erm, nothing.

Since it's the only way I know of to play video tapes (yes, I'm talking about you, off-air Colony in Space) then yes, we do. I can still remember getting our very first one back in 1986 and thinking we were suddenly part of the glittering, technological future.

I don't have a mobile, but on the landline the last person was my mum.

A video called 'Apollo - One Giant Leap For Mankind, which contained a number of the NASA public info films about the Apollo missions.

I was quite late in getting internet access in my home, so I'm quite used to filling in the time as I used to, with books, TV, and building models.

I'd put legal restrictions on manufacturers of all audio equipment to prevent them making devices that are capable of putting out far more volume than any human can comfortably listen to in a domestic setting. Does anyone here ever turn their TV or stereo system to even half the volume it is capable of? Does anyone driving a car need their music so loud that things on my shelves rattle as they drive past? The stress caused by hearing someone else's music thumping through your walls is a serious problem that is largely unrecognised by relevant authorities.

Quite a few, but I've never counted. I think I might have more non-fiction than fiction since I sold my Target novelisations. I think my favourites are the About Time books by Lawrence Miles and Tat Wood. Some good in-depth stuff, some pointless fanboy fun (the fact that it knows it is pointless is what makes it fun and not just deeply sad), and some excellent material that really gives a context to some of the stories. I recommend them if you haven't already read them.

The bath, basin, shower and toilet are white, while the cabinets and shelves are beech.

Evanescence. It also happens to be the only music DVD or video I have ever bought (for myself).

Depends how seriosuly they are taking it and what their reaction is. If they are getting seriously upset then I try to calm them down and see their point of view or convince them of mine. If they're just getting me wound up I tend to be pretty dismissive, I'm afraid, and walk away.

Late 2006, but I'm not going into detail.

You think I'm giving that away on a forum my wife visits?

Hard to say. I have lots of memories of those days. I guess the plays I was in figure highly because I enjoyed them so much.

A cup of tea (very English), and a sit down in front of the TV with a marathon Mythbusters run on DMAX. Preferably with Emma next to me.

Cereal. If I am peckish I usually have a bowl of cereal of some description.

I'm afraid I don't give a toss. Either answer has its merits.

Best: company if you want it and you're lucky enough to share with nice people. Worst: Having to work round someone else's mess.

Normal, though I do like electric. My bathroom has no socket to charge it, though.

Fine. I survived nine months with them in 2003/2004, so another month wouldn't be a problem.

I'm afraid I have to pass on this, having only ever been slightly inebriated twice in my whole life, and not doing anything remotely interesting on either occasion.

Best: it's conveniently placed for various things. Worst, it's full of louts who make too much noise.

Nope, never.

I do. It's main function now is to allow me to watch my entire VHS collection as I copy them all to DVD, so I can then junk it, or more likely keep it in storage to bring out if I acquire any rare things on VHS I can't get on DVD.

Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    it's a bit padded is it not?
    just like a large number of Pertwee stories...

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Just because i'm in the mood. You know the drill:

Chwin the Fat on vhs.

Probably spend more time studying and then wonder how to submit the essay other than electronically!

Enforced recycling

None!

White.

Madonna 93:98

I ask them if it really matters that much. If it does I try to see their point.

I'm rarely out of order, just nice!

I'm not manipulative either.

The long bus ride from the village to school.

A cup of hot chocolate and a Dr Who dvd.

Sultanas

Yes.

Shared bills - good. Everything else - bad.

Normal.

Fine.

Singing live on radio after winning a karaoke competition. Dear God!

Near the beach, but for decent shops it's a trai ride to the next town.

No.

Yes. Half my Who collection is still VHS so I have to.

My friend on her birthday.

Too long ago to remember!

I am without a computer at the moment. I am spending a lot more time in the office after hours going online!

Cannabis for all!

Loads, Doctor Who - A History (i think it's called) is excellent!

White

Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds Live

I tend to laugh!

Most days!

No!

Bullying!

DVD, DVD & more DVDs!

Sandwiches

no

Never done it

Electric

I managed a year, there were almost deaths!

I once wandered round the nurses' accommodation in a hospital stark naked!

It is quiet, it is quiet!

Yes, it was good fun!

Yes, two!

My friend Kath
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

No idea, been a while since I did, a book or CD probably, have far too many unread books at the moment though so trying to avoid charity shops altogether.

Panic probably, after I had calmed down get round to reading some of my unread books, have most of my close online friends phone numbers anyway so its not like I would be totally out of contact either.

Hmmm, no idea, not really a believer that life can be improved by more laws.

A fair few, but most are in the loft now, probably my about time book as it often offers some unique insights to stories (though other times it does seem a bit of a slave to perceived fan wisdom)

I don't know, I really am that unobservant.

Never brought a concert cd/dvd prefer studio albums or going to the concert. Last concert i went to was Bob Dylan I think.

Nothing, just because I don't take it seriously doesn't mean other people aren't allowed to. It would be really rude and quite nasty to force my view of seriousness/non seriousness on other people.

No idea, but I do it so often, it was probably quite recently.

Yeah I think so, and would prefer not to say.

Going to the library ever brake and lunch time!

Watch tv, browse the net and wait for tea to be ready.

Snack, would probably be a breakfast cereal such as coco pops, love having this in the evening just before bed.

Yes

Best - Its cheaper, Worse - you end up in arguments over trivial things like washing up.

Electric as its sturdier.

I've already done that and its fine for the most part.

Nothing much, I normally am sick before I can do anything too stupid.

Very easy to get to london, but very expensive place to live.

Yeah it was in the local swimming pool, and was hot and a bit dry.

Technically yes, but dont think anyone has used it for ages.

Claire probably.

Nuffink! You calling me a pikey?
    I'd go crazy! I needs it mostly for the iPod! I imagine i'd go back to watching TV
    People in supermarkets must a) look where they're going, b) be aware of people trying to move past and not selfishly block the way.
    The TV Companion one
    Suite? SUITE? Effete! It's white/cream coloured but it's nothing to do with me.
    Bauhaus - Gotham
    I roll my eyes
    I am never wrong
    Erm, shouldn't this be 9?
    Getting beaten up
    Lying on the sofa with a good audio playing
    Ice Cream
    Gawd bless yer ma'am
    Best: company. Worst: someone who's constantly late with their half of the rent.
    Normal. Bloody middle classes
    It would NEVER happen
    Worst: Almost falling under the wheels of a huge lorry.
    Greatest: Passionate snogs
    Outrageous: don't recall ever doing anything outrageous.

Best: quiet. Worst: Too Quiet.
    Only as a section of the gym. Liked it.
    Two!
    A Colleague
    A revolution without dancing, isn't one worth having