Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

What's Bignell Discovered?
    Somebody Famous's Little Black Book of Top Doctor Who Shags?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Just saying that you've found something which might or might not be something which is or isn't footage of something or not of something and which may or may not be on a future release which is or isn't a DVD isn't building anticipation. It is just dangling an extremely vague carrot so people will ask questions which won't be answered.

we all know how cynical and nasty fandom can be when ever the subject of "missing clips/episodes" comes up after all we all saw the reaction to the supposed find of The Web of Fear last year ..

Quite a few people were saying my self included that DWO were wrong to post this news and should of kept it quiet untill they had firm evidence it existed.

So this is why that IMO, Bignel is doing the right thing in not saying what he has found, at least by doing this he dose not leave him self open to the usual accustaions of hoaxes..

A suggestion on Roobarb's speculates it could be cine footage from The War Games, something which has been rumoured to exist in the past. Add to that the fact Biggers is working on a feature for this story, having put out an ad for people who were present at location filming, I think this is quite possible.

Only the Bignell knows for sure. And Steve Roberts. And the rest of the RT. And DWM.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

So this is why that IMO, Bignel is doing the right thing in not saying what he has found, at least by doing this he dose not leave him self open to the usual accustaions of hoaxes..
    But DWO were voicing a rumour they couldn't substantiate. Bignell is dropping hints about stuff he knows to exist. It's a different thing altogether if you ask me.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    we all know how cynical and nasty fandom can be when ever the subject of "missing clips/episodes" comes up after all we all saw the reaction to the supposed find of The Web of Fear last year ..

Quite a few people were saying my self included that DWO were wrong to post this news and should of kept it quiet untill they had firm evidence it existed.

You are correct in what you say as far a it goes but if that is the reason why he isn't saying anything then why the hell has he opened his 'mouth' and said anything at all!? Surely the best way to avoid this sort of reaction is to keep your mouth shut & say nothing. But oh no, he has to play the Doctor Who Uber Fans favourite game of "I know something you don't know" & make himself look like a big kid.
    Also, Bignell is too well known to be accused of perpetrating a hoax. Also the RT are backing him up. Neither of which could be said of DWO.