Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What's Bignell Discovered?

Seems as if SOMETHING has been recovered recently, but we arn't allowed to know what.

>>What is the missing footage that has been recovered by Richard Bignell as referred to in two different internet forums.<<

Ah well, I never mentioned the word "footage", so I'm not sure why you've included it in your question!

But things have been found over the past 12 months, some directly from the programme, other connected with it. It may be film material, it may not...

You'll just have to wait and see!
    Roberts goes on to say it ISN'T program material, before Bignell re-interates that it is. Confused?

Anyone like to take a guess?

Personally I don't care if they tell us now or make us wait, though having Biggers hovering about reminding us that HE KNOWS and we have to "wait and see" always makes me feel like a patronised nine year old. But there you go, that's the Doctor Who 'professional fan' network for you...

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post

Personally I don't care if they tell us now or make us wait, though having Biggers hovering about reminding us that HE KNOWS and we have to "wait and see" always makes me feel like a patronised nine year old. But there you go, that's the Doctor Who 'professional fan' network for you...

Si.
    They're being a bunch of winkers, aren't they! It *is* a surprise, obviously, as no-one who isn't an uber-fan doesn't know what it is. Therefore it would be a surprise if they tell us now, tomorrow, or next year. So basically the only reason not to tell us now is, as you say, to be a smart arse.

And they wonder why rumours get out of hand......
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

>>It's a direct question well within the forum guideline rules. What missing footage has been found? I would appreciate a direct answer.<<

Okay, here's one.

I'm not telling you!
    He's loving it. Why not just say nothing?

Si.

What's Bignell Discovered?
    That you can in fact post to DW message forums without being pedantic, patronising, rude and humourless?

WhiteCrow Guest

Ah the one-upmanship of the fan community.

I've had a bit of a moan. Lets see how long my post lasts.

Ooh, Tim - they'll send you packing for that one!

But to be fair, it was someone else who bought up the subject on the RT Forum, not Biggers.

Biggers responds:

What a very silly attitude, Tim.

It's called building up anticipation for a forthcoming product, exactly the same way that the production team do with regards to the current series.

Sometimes, you really have to wonder why you bother at all...
    He's on a par with the makers of the New Series now!

Si.

I have an ally in John!

I have some 35mm footage that Steve Roberts has asked to borrow for a future DVD
    Come on, you can tell us, Tim!

Yes I hate these people who hint and then don't follow it up!

Si.

I only say because you asked & not to big myself up!

I bought some 35mm footage on ebay about 18months ago. It's from Dragonfire. Mike Hall was selling a lot of his stuff off & when it was sold to me it was reported on the RT site & Steve commented that Mick hadn't told Steve he had it & when I offered it to Steve to borrow it he said he would like to. So basically I'll get an idea of when that's due when he asks for it.

Expect it to be in about 50 years time. They don't like Season 24.

Incidentally, have you been able to view it Tim, and does it contain any more footage from the melting face sequence?

Si.

And there was me thinking it was footage of Nicola Bryant frolicking about in the nude on the set of The Twin Dilemma......

I bet Tim's also got the "Planet of Fire" rushes...

Si.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    That you can in fact post to DW message forums without being pedantic, patronising, rude and humourless?
    A new level of self-importance?

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I bet Tim's also got the "Planet of Fire" rushes...

Si.
    I wish!

It is a reel of effects. once you roll our about 20 feet of leader & reach the film itself it shows a clapper board & then what looks like a space ship model shot. I can't view it as I don't have 35mm projector (which weighs about 1 ton & cost thousands) & it's hard to unroll such a big reel. I would imagine it does have more 'melting face' shots.
    The scratch label says;
    Dr Who
    Selected Shots
    17 - 19 / 8 / 87
    # 1 of 1
    It's a negative reel so the RT would have to make a positive to put it on to a DVD...assuming they still want it?

You do it, Richard, for the love of the programme.

And we all (well, mostly all) love you, and the rest of the team, for doing it!

Si.

I was just going to mention that post. Could he get his tongue any futher up Bignell's glory hole?

More bottom licking?

Omar Vance
    To Richard Bignell

Well, even though we have no hints at what has been found, I want to thank you for your efforts. You've made a lot of contributions to Who history and in saving/preserving it. So keep up the good work!
    Apart from his location work, which I admit is excellent, what has he preserved? I can't think of anything.

And now it's locked. What a surprise!

How is it building anticipation for a future DVD release? If you say "There is something really special on the Attack of the Cybermen DVD" then you're building anticipation. Not to say incredulity.

Just saying that you've found something which might or might not be something which is or isn't footage of something or not of something and which may or may not be on a future release which is or isn't a DVD isn't building anticipation. It is just dangling an extremely vague carrot so people will ask questions which won't be answered.

Besides, we have to ask ourselves what would make Richard Bignell excited? And do we want it in our homes*?

*if the answer is Jacqueline Rayner then I do.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Pip Madeley Guest

Richard Bignell's a bit of a tosspot for showing off like this. Either tell us or don't, bloody timewaster.

what has he preserved? I can't think of anything.
    Certainly not his dignity over this whole show-offy affair!

Si.

And now the thread is no more.