Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The horrendous hyperbole of Fleet Street!

just reading that article again you have to really say he is a pretty pathetic person, and his views on Doctor Who, saying "it's the greatest lie satan ever told" are typical of how these religious obsessed people view all telivision.

Bit of a sweeping statement eh Larry? If by "religious obsessed" you mean "devote their life to God", you're summing up quite a few million people in the world there.

Si.

WhiteCrow Guest

Dunno - these things can backfire. I know my church used to say Dungeons and Dragons was evil and satanic. And that's how I started roleplaying.

Likewise at my church, one of the ministers had a special record player, which played music backwards so he could listen for hidden messages put there by Satan.

You gotta laugh ...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    Dunno - these things can backfire. I know my church used to say Dungeons and Dragons was evil and satanic. And that's how I started roleplaying.
    Hey good point - maybe liking "Who" could be cool

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Bit of a sweeping statement eh Larry? If by "religious obsessed" you mean "devote their life to God", you're summing up quite a few million people in the world there.

Si.

there's nothing wrong with "devoting your life to god" and being deeply religious - but many of these people I feel unable to understand that tv is just a bit of entertainment and not to be taken seriously.

Hmmm. It seems an odd thing to say to me personally. This chap aside, it's not often religious groups condemn television in its entirety as a hellish concept. Is it?

Si.

Likewise at my church, one of the ministers had a special record player, which played music backwards so he could listen for hidden messages put there by Satan.

You gotta laugh ...
    Maybe that's it.

Has anyone tried playing Doctor Who episodes backwards? Often it sees the Doctor losing as the Daleks/Cybermen, etc rise to power!
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by enzo1701 View Post
    Maybe that's it.

Has anyone tried playing Doctor Who episodes backwards? Often it sees the Doctor losing as the Daleks/Cybermen, etc rise to power!

well Si Hart, and Mr Mccow did..

I don't think watching the stories in reverse order of transmission was quite what Geoff had in mind! I did suggest watching the 14 episodes of Trial of A Time Lord in reverse order, however my video player got the jitters and refused to play any of the tapes that day.

Mark Ayres has probably listened to all the audio recordings of Doctor Who backwards. He'd be the one to ask.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

WhiteCrow Guest

I now would like to hear what the Doctor Who themetune sounds like backwards - how do I do that?

Pip Madeley Guest

I now would like to hear what the Doctor Who themetune sounds like backwards
    Oh, Andrew (Ian Lethbridge-Stewart) and I did that about 20 years ago with all the different versions - the Howell one is the best!

I love the 'Who' theme backwards almost as much as the forwards version.
    Going back a few posts (and totally off-topic) I'm struggling to see how anyone can leave behind a empty bowl of chips??!?!?!?!?!

What does an empty bowl of chips look like? How can it have chips and be empty???
    If the bowl is empty how can chips be involved???

My mind is going to explode!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    there's nothing wrong with "devoting your life to god" and being deeply religious.
    That's open for debate. Although so is what you mean by "wrong".