Default NOOO! No new series of "Totally"!

According to the wikipedia entry, Totally Doctor Who will not be returning for a third series! SHAME! It was rather entertaining! So I'm the only person here who enjoyed it then? Barney done ok for himself by hooking up with that Bear. But what will become of Kirsten?

That's awful news! We're doomed. &c.

I will miss it, but to be honest I don't think it warranted a half-hour slot for 13 weeks. It was a bit like overkill. And when the heck is it coming out on DVD?!?!??!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I didn't even think it was worth a mention when the Newsround site first broke the news last week.

I suppose at the end of the day there is only so much you can get from these series before you start repeating your self..

Pip Madeley Guest

I look forward to Totally Doctor Who: The Complete Series on BBC DVD.

Let's face it, it was toecurlingly awful and cheapened the whole show in exchange for a bit of cheap publicity. Simply none of it was redeeming, from the crappy prizes (ooh a mug! I can only buy one of them on Ebay for £2.99p) to the awful companion academy (who wants to watch eight year olds competing over what their least favourite food is?) and even the animated thing was balls. Doctor Who has always been better than a cheap old gameshow with an annoying jingle, so to see the show given an extra 30 mins a week free promotion in exchange for an association with one was, in truth, always quite an uneasy exchange to stomach.

Si.

Let's face it, it was toecurlingly awful and cheapened the whole show in exchange for a bit of cheap publicity. Simply none of it was redeeming, from the crappy prizes (ooh a mug! I can only buy one of them on Ebay for £2.99p) to the awful companion academy (who wants to watch eight year olds competing over what their least favourite food is?) and even the animated thing was balls. Doctor Who has always been better than a cheap old gameshow with an annoying jingle, so to see the show given an extra 30 mins a week free promotion in exchange for an association with one was, in truth, always quite an uneasy exchange to stomach.

Oh miaow.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

WhiteCrow Guest

Some people have failed to realise it was for kids.

I kind of liked it. Basically the kids of today are part of the new fanbase, they're loving the new Who and getting their parents in on the act. Doctor Who has refound it's audience.

The irony is that adult Who "Torchwood" has kind of clocked onto the fan element which is missing in it's rating and had to put out a kiddie version of Torchwood to "watch with mother".

Some people have failed to realise it was for kids.
    Not at all. But Doctor Who managed to be for kids at various times in its previous 40 years of existence without resorting to 'celebrity in wind tunnel' style tacky game shows as part of its format. "Sarah Jane Adventures" is for kids, but that manages not to contain kids playing party games in exchange for free T-Shirts and Saturday Morning TV presenters being patronising.

Si.

Absolutely. "Kids" and "imbeciles" aren't (necessarily) synonyms

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    Absolutely. "Kids" and "imbeciles" aren't (necessarily) synonyms
    You've obviously never seen Dick and Dom ...

You're quite right.

Sam and I liked it
    Bazinga !