Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I was very disappointed with the first Torchwood play, the one set in the Hadron supercollider. However, I may give these a go if I feel suitably enthused after seeing The New World!

Thanks PS - I nearly missed these. I remember the rush of moderate excitement I felt (I was in the Lake District, I think) in the summer of 2009 when I downloaded the last batch of three in one heady festival of Welsh audio fun. The Dead Line was SCARY TELEPHONE HELL, The Golden Age was DAYS OF THE RAJ COLONIALIST IMPERIALISM (WITH SEXUAL OVERTONES) and Asylum was CHEESE GHOSTIE. Well, they were alright, anyway. Looking forward to these, too. So... Ta.

Anyone tuned in? I've listened to two and a half of them - the haunted pub is quite a fannish one (still quite enjoyable though) with A BIG TWIST but the Devil And Martin Jarvis is excellent. It's like a Big Finish audio.

I fell asleep during the submarine one. Dunno if this is because it was crap or because I was tired. Possibly the latter.

Took them on my mp3 to listen to on holiday. The submarine one was pretty poor, but the Martin Jarvis one was OK and while agree the House of the Dead was quite fannish it was also one of the best TW stories we've had (in any format). I may have had something in my eye in the last 10 minutes or so....

I'd advise anyone who's lost their TW mojo from watching the current series to listen to House of the Dead (if you can - I suspect it's dropped off i-Player) and revel in just how good Torchwood and John Barrowman can be when given the chance.
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    Took them on my mp3 to listen to on holiday. The submarine one was pretty poor, but the Martin Jarvis one was OK and while agree the House of the Dead was quite fannish it was also one of the best TW stories we've had (in any format). I may have had something in my eye in the last 10 minutes or so....

I'd advise anyone who's lost their TW mojo from watching the current series to listen to House of the Dead (if you can - I suspect it's dropped off i-Player) and revel in just how good Torchwood and John Barrowman can be when given the chance.
    You can get all the Tochwood radio plays on I-Tunes. Lost Souls, Asylum, Golden Age and The Dead Line are for sale, but Devil & Miss Carew, Submission and House of the Dead are all free podcasts.