Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    I've never seen it, so I can't say for sure, but I've a feeling nobody dies in The Massacre.
    The third episode ends with the Abbot of Amboise lying dead in the gutter...

Captain Tancredi Guest

De Coligny also sustains fatal injuries- and come to that, there's the little boy who gets run over on Wimbledon Common and is depending on Dodo to fetch help...

"The Curse of Fatal Death"
    Shuuuuuuush.

Si.

Nobody dies in The Awakening. This is because the story takes place entirely within the TARDIS and all the characters are illusionary.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

having just Recently watched Four to Doomsday, i don't think any one dies in that,.

Monarch dies surely?

I was jesting about The Massacre. It's probably got the highest death count in the show's history!

Captain Tancredi Guest

'Logopolis' has got to be up there, surely, but I like the way that the little boy on Wimbledon Common gets completely forgotten about, in complete contrast to the way it'd be done today. Perhaps the Wombles looked after him.

I'll grant you that Logopolis is probably the winner in the "most" category!

Thinking about sequences of stories in story order, it's notable just how many deaths occur in the Whoniverse! It's an aspect they picked up on in the new series right from "Rose" with Clive's assertion about death always being around the Doctor (or words to that affect).

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    Monarch dies surely?

no he was miniturised back down to a frog..I think..

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    no he was miniturised back down to a frog..I think..
    It's been a while since I saw it, but I thought he was exposed to a lethal virus and died?

Edit: looking at www.drwhoguide.com again (and I don't really know how reliable this is) he was indeed exposed to a toxin that is lethal to all organic life and shrivels and dies. The only mention of frogs in the article is that they have been somehow exposed to the toxin without dying and will be used to spread it on Earth.

I've always been confused about why there's this common conception that the Urbankans are somehow related to frogs. Other than being green there doesn't seem to be any mention of this in the story. People are now imagining Urbankans actually turning into frogs it seems

What about all the people who died and had their memories put on silicon chips?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

That's a bit like saying "what about all the people who have ever died throughout the history of civilisation" whenever a story is set on modern day Earth.

The most obvious story where nobody dies The Edge Of Destruction

I think the most obvious has to be The Empty Child because the Doctor points it out in a big speech at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    It's been a while since I saw it, but I thought he was exposed to a lethal virus and died?

Edit: looking at www.drwhoguide.com again (and I don't really know how reliable this is) he was indeed exposed to a toxin that is lethal to all organic life and shrivels and dies. The only mention of frogs in the article is that they have been somehow exposed to the toxin without dying and will be used to spread it on Earth.

I've always been confused about why there's this common conception that the Urbankans are somehow related to frogs. Other than being green there doesn't seem to be any mention of this in the story. People are now imagining Urbankans actually turning into frogs it seems
    Might be something to do with the book describing them as looking like frogs. There's also a frog seen in the story, in one of Monarch's laboratories.

I'm not sure it's quite clear, judging just from what's shown on screen, whether Monarch is killed or just shrunk. Bigon only specifies its effects as reducing you to the size of a grain of salt. Of course, strictly speaking that would be enough to kill you in real life, but there have been other times in the series where people have been shrunk and survived it.

no he was miniturised back down to a frog
    Yes, but it's no way to live. Trust me, I know.

Si.

The Andriods of Tara. No-one dies in that do they?

George the Android does. And Mary Tamm's acting ability.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    The Andriods of Tara. No-one dies in that do they?
    How could you forget Madame Lamia, even if you did show her a certain....kindness
    Bazinga !

How could you all forget The Savages? For shame.

How could you all forget The Savages? For shame.
    Oh... yes. Somehow, it just slipped my mind.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Everyone forgets the... sorry, what was it called again?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

The Pip Productions recon of whatsitsname will be due in the autumn. Of 2014.

could you have a case for Castravalva, as technicaly the inhabitants of castravalva didn't exist../