Default Quincy Takes On NBC!

From Yahoo News

Former "Quincy, M.E." star Jack Klugman sued NBC Universal Friday, claiming the studio is lying about the show's profits and owes him money. Klugman, 85, played the crime-busting Dr. R. Quincy on the show from 1976 to 1983.

His 1976 contract with NBC entitles him and his company, Sweater Productions, to 25 percent of the show's "net profits," according to the suit filed in Superior Court. Klugman claims his copy of the contract was lost when his agent died, and NBC has refused to provide a copy.

The lawsuit aims to force NBC to divulge the contract and award Klugman attorneys' fees. It also asks the court to clarify the terms of the agreement.

"I recently heard that they made $250 million and it's still on TV in Germany. I don't want their money. I want my money," Klugman told The Associated Press. "I worked my tail off. I got up at four in the morning and stayed at the studio. I did rewrite, I edited."

Calls to NBC Universal Friday seeking comment Friday were not immediately returned.

NBC provided Klugman with an accounting statement showing the series had lost $66 million through 2006, according to the suit. However, Klugman said he believes NBC is lying, and that it made money.
    On the TV show, most of the time if you went up against Quincy, you were screwed. He's TV's Mr. B*st*rd. I wouldn't want to be an NBC employee right now!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I didn't realise he was still alive!

I wonder if he still enjoys feeling up young, bikini-clad babes on his boat?

He solved everything with Litocaine, didn't he?

Something seems not right, how could it possibly have lost $66 million in one year, twenty years after it was made? Is that what it meant?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

KLUGMAN!

WhiteCrow Guest

It's impossible to read the name Quincy without hearing the theme tune go do-doo-doo-do-do-do!

I ought to have that on my computer as my startup/shutdown music.

I saw him on This Is Your Life once, about five or six years ago, probably. He was on a screen link up as one of the guests. I'm not sure who the subject was, but it might have been Trevor Bannister - someone off Are You Being Served anyway.

Pip Madeley Guest

He was doing Tennant's hand thing when the boy was a wee laddie:

"Gimme ma money, or I will destroy you."

I didn't like his show I must say, I found the guy himself uninspiring - it was suited to be screened on weekday afternoons when the nation was at work.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    it was suited to be screened on weekday afternoons when the nation was at work.

Can't say i was bothered either way. My Mum liked it though. I think that says a lot.

Sorry, I wonder if the poor fellow has something wrong with his hand.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post

Sorry, I wonder if the poor fellow has something wrong with his hand.
    Klugman is the new Davros!

I didn't mind "Quincy", it was probably one of the more satisfying series to come out of Glen A. Larson productions cheese TV factory. Most of Larson's series were more sci-fi/action oriented though and probably didn't have as much involvement from the main cast member as "Quincy" did.
    I liked Klugman in "The odd couple" TV series myself- I personally think that was his finest hour (or years...whatever ) I hope he gets his money anyway, if he is owed.