Well that's at least finished now, so we'll see what happens next week. But no, it wasn't very Sunny here yesterday either.

Captain Tancredi Guest

A gorgeous day around here, though.

What Eurovision and the National Freakshow final have in common, though, is that people will tend to plan their evenings around them so that your timings for things like getting home from shopping or days out and having dinner are going to be adjusted to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Not great. It wasn't that sunny yesterday either. It's a bit of a mystery. Does Joe Public not like anything on offer, except BGT?

Si. :mobile

even in good weather Doctor Who, over the last five years has pretty much always averaged around the 6m mark we can blame the weather and changing viewing habits only so muchand I think we need to be honest and admitt that the programm has lost probably 1m viewers this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I think we need to be honest and admitt that the programm has lost probably 1m viewers this series.
    I love humans, always seeing patterns in things that aren't there.

S4 01 9.1m /S5 01 10.08m
    S4 02 9.0m /S5 02 8.4m
    S4 03 7.5m /S5 03 8.2m
    S4 04 7.06m /S5 04 8.6m
    S4 05 6.5m /S5 05 8.5m
    S4 06 7.3m /S5 06 7.7m
    S4 07 8.4m /S5 07 7.5m
    S4 08 6.3m /S5 08 6.5m

S4 Avg= 7.64m
    S5 Avg= 8.18m

So, eight episodes in (which is as far as we have official figures), this year's audience is actually about half a million up, and six (out of eight) of this year's run beat their counterparts from S4. As RTD might say, brilliant!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post

LOL - Oh how we love to panic...

Pip Madeley Guest

S4 01 9.1m /S5 01 10.08m
    S4 02 9.0m /S5 02 8.4m
    S4 03 7.5m /S5 03 8.2m
    S4 04 7.06m /S5 04 8.6m
    S4 05 6.5m /S5 05 8.5m
    S4 06 7.3m /S5 06 7.7m
    S4 07 8.4m /S5 07 7.5m
    S4 08 6.3m /S5 08 6.5m

S4 Avg= 7.64m
    S5 Avg= 8.18m

So, eight episodes in (which is as far as we have official figures), this year's audience is actually about half a million up, and six (out of eight) of this year's run beat their counterparts from S4. As RTD might say, brilliant!
    Interesting stuff, Steve!

Or we could worry that we've lost FOUR MILLION(ish!) VIEWERS since the first episode of S.5.

I'm genuinely not worried though, and am sure it will pick up with the season finale - though it really is time the Beeb gave it a consistent time slot.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Interesting stuff, Steve!
    Thanks, I think the huge timeshifts this year have left some fans worrying when they shouldn't be.

The final figure for Cold Blood is now in (7.49m, timeshift of 1.83m), so to update that....

S4 01 9.1m /S5 01 10.08m
    S4 02 9.0m/S5 02 8.4m
    S4 03 7.5m /S5 03 8.2m
    S4 04 7.06m /S5 04 8.6m
    S4 05 6.5m /S5 05 8.5m
    S4 06 7.3m /S5 06 7.7m
    S4 07 8.4m/S5 07 7.5m
    S4 08 6.3m /S5 08 6.5m
    S4 09 7.84m/S5 09 7.49m

S4 Avg= 7.66m
    S5 Avg= 8.11m

So, Cold Blood was a million up on The Hungry Earth, but was slightly lower than it's S4 counterpart (Forest Of The Dead).
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

well i think Doctor Who, will again be in 2nd place this weekend as the England v USA game is bound to get a huge audience. just a shame the games not being shown on bbc 1.

This week will probably be the biggest timeshift ever on record! I hope fandom doesn't implode when the overnights come in....

Pip Madeley Guest

If Doctor Who gets 4 million this weekend, I'd be surprised... can't say I will be watching it live myself (I've missed a few this series anyway). Having said that, if England progress then The Big Bang could benefit greatly on 26th June.

I'll be watching live for the first time in weeks.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip'll be surprised!

Doctor Who got an audience of 4.6 million viewers for episode eleven, The Lodger, according to unofficial overnight figures.

The series held up well against its strongest opposition of the series so far, as it faced the build up to England's first match in the Fifa World Cup.

On BBC One it has an average of 4.31 million watching with an additional 0.25 million watching on BBC HD. The share was down to 22.3% with most viewers choosing ITV1's football coverage which, against Doctor Who, peaked at 11 million in the fifteen minutes before the game.

The England v USA match had an average audience of 13.2 million and easily is the most watched programme of the week. It peaked at 19.4 million at 9pm, with over 1.7 million watching on ITV1 HD. The other match of the day, Argentina v Nigeria, had 4.7 million watching. The post match show, James Corden's World Cup Live, got 5.9 million watching, pushing Doctor Who down to fourth for the day and 35th for the week, so far.

Doctor Who is likely to get a substantial boost when the final figures, including details of those who recorded the programme for later viewing, are released next week.

On BBC Three, and directly up against the football match, Doctor Who Confidential had 0.25 million watching, a 1.0% share. An additional 0.14 million watched on BBC HD.
    Si xx

I'm kind of dissapointed "Battlefield" still has the title of least watched Doctor Who adventure!

Si.

And you were the one worrying about falling ratings leading to cancellation the other week!

Si xx

you can only blame weathr or other things such as start time for so long but we can't escape the fact that we are now seeing the worst run of viewing figures since Doctor Who came back. I always said average around 6m and we'll be ok but we are now regularly seeing figures of 5m and less. This won't of gone unnoticed by the tv execs at he Beeb, who will be starting to get concerned we continue like this and I would stary to worry for the prospects of getting a series 7.

But we're not. When the actual figures come in Larry, we're doing as well as we've done before. It's only the initial figures that look bad.
    To quote Perry Vale's post above...

S4 Avg= 7.64m
    S5 Avg= 8.18m
    The ratings on average are higher than the last full season of Doctor Who.

Si xx

So we're probably looking at 6.5m for the final figure - no problems there!

I'm surprised by the peak of 19m for the England game - considering it's only the first of 3 group games. If we get to the knock-out games there, what could we potentially see there?

Oh, and if England manage to win their group, they'd have a 7.30pm kick off on 26/06 - the day of the S5 finale - and on BBC1 with Who as a lead-in...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    So we're probably looking at 6.5m for the final figure - no problems there!

I'm surprised by the peak of 19m for the England game - considering it's only the first of 3 group games. If we get to the knock-out games there, what could we potentially see there?

Oh, and if England manage to win their group, they'd have a 7.30pm kick off on 26/06 - the day of the S5 finale - and on BBC1 with Who as a lead-in...

well not really suprised any England, games in a world cup finals are going to generate huge figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    LOL - Oh how we love to panic...
    You really do....

Like Pip, I imagine, I think that's a surprisingly high 'live' figure for it's scheduling, hopefully it might nudge up around the 7m mark. By the end of the season though, I reckon the average will be about the same as S4, or possibly slightly less, as the end of S4 got an extra boost in publicity with speculation (and BBC NEWS reports) of Tennant regenerating.

By the way, anyone know the viewing figures for this year's Confidential, I'm curious?

Pip Madeley Guest

Like Pip, I imagine, I think that's a surprisingly high 'live' figure for it's scheduling, hopefully it might nudge up around the 7m mark.
    Yep, I'm not surprised, I would've had ITV1 on if I wasn't such a big fan of Who. Plenty of people will have taped it or watched BBC3 tonight - as far as I know, Who was still the top-rated non-football programme of the day.

Pip Madeley Guest

By the way, anyone know the viewing figures for this year's Confidential, I'm curious?
    Steadily dropping - during the last month it's dropped from 0.5m to 0.25m.

We could live without Confidential.

Final BARB rating for Vincent and Thingy:

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/weeklyT...sOverview?_s=3

6.76m

6.29m + 0.47m HD

18th for the week excluding HD.

Timeshift of 1.75m.

Will probably need mammoth 2m+ timeshifts for the final three episodes to say ahead of Series Four.

From the Doctor Who Newspage:

The first four episodes of Doctor Who to première in May, were the top four most requested programmes for the month on the BBC iPlayer according to BBC iStats.

Top of the list was episode 7, Amy's Choice, with nearly 1.4 million requests. Episode 5, Flesh and Stone was second, followed by Episode 6, The Vampires of Venice and Episode 8, The Hungry Earth. The four episodes were the only programmes during the month, to have over 1 million requests each.

Episode 9, Cold Blood, came in at number 8 despite only being available for the last two days of the month.

Overall Doctor Who was the second most requested programme of the month with over 6.5 million requests for one of the nine episodes available. The top programme was EastEnders with over 8 million requests, although these were spread over 33 episodes. Doctor Who had the highest downloads per episode.

Episodes of the current series are available in the UK on the BBC iPlayer from transmission date until Saturday 3rd July.
    Si xx