Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    That sounds really unimpressive. It's like a McCoy audience figure. But I'm sure there are complicated modern reasons why it's actually very good.

Si.

- rather than looking at Doctor Who's figures I look at the viewing figures of the most watched programm and 8.6m with a 36% audience share for X-Factor puts Doctor Who's figures into some perspective in that 6.4m is yet again pretty much in keeping with modern day viewing figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyder View Post
    And don't forget that Steve hasn't seen it yet, so that's potentially one more viewer to add to the ratings ;-)

Although that might be one heck of a timeshift!
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    That's quite a few "if"'s though. We'll see.

Si.
    The point is, though, that The X-Factor's overnights this year are only 50% more than Doctor Who compared to what they were last year (2.2m as compared to 4.4m), while Doctor Who's catch-up viewing continues to grow. It'll do me!

From Tom Spilsbury:

Dr Who's overnight rating was 6.4m, but after one day's timeshifting it's already gone up to 7.4m. I wonder what the final figure will be...

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I guess those watching on the iplayer will bump the figures up considerably too....

Asylum scored 89 on the Audience Appreciation index. Now that's impressive!

Indeed it's the highest AI score since The Big Bang and the highest ever for a season opener!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brinck-Johnsen View Post
    Indeed it's the highest AI score since The Big Bang...
    Wow! Highest AI since the universe began! That's very VERY impressive.

89 AA - they must be doing something right, but I can't think what!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Well, all of us watched it.
    We might not have liked it though ;-)
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

have to say it's quite ammusing reading the "Ratings" thread over on G,B each week it's got to be the most repetertive thread ever with the same tired crap being sprouted after every episode.
    Last edited by Larry; 10th Sep 2012 at 12:54 PM.

Decent result last night
    A Town Called Mercy had an overnight audience of 6.6 million viewers, a share of 29.1% of the total TV audience.

Doctor Who was third for the day, behind the big entertainment hitters, The X Factor with 9.0 million and the launch show of Strictly Come Dancing which has 8.0 million watching, providing a strong lead in for the Doctor.

Against Doctor Who, ITV1's Red and Black managed 3.6 million viewers, while Dad's Army on BBC Two had 1.9 million watching.

Last year's third story of the autumn, The Girl Who Waited, had 6.0 million watching with a lower audience share while the 2011 launch of Strictly Come Dancing had an audience of 7.6 million viewers.

The rating for Doctor Who puts it at 14th place for the week, with Sunday's ratings still to come, although final consolidated figures, which will be available next week, should see this position rise.

Nice to see Dad's Army doing so well too! Even after all this time.

Consolidated figure of 7.57m/31.9% for Dinosaurs. Another hefty timeshift.

(nabbed from MattJ on Gallifrey Base)

Doctor Who pulled in its highest series audience in over two years on Saturday night, early BARB data suggests.

Toby Whithouse's 'A Town Called Mercy', guest starring Ben Browder, averaged 6.61m (29.1%) for BBC One between 7.35pm and 8.20pm.

Not since April 2010, for an episode featuring the Weeping Angels and the return of River Song, has Who been as popular in the overnight ratings.
    Good figure!

Si.

Things seem to be going well with the Ponds across the pond:
    The Brit sci-fi series just delivered its most-watched telecast ever on BBC America for its latest season premiere. The Saturday telecast was seen by 1.6 million viewers, which is both a time period high and a series best for the show since it started airing on the network in 2009.
    1.6million is good for the US, right?

Filling in on the meantime:
    The programme's series seven premiere managed 6.4m a fortnight ago, while last week's 'Dinosaurs on a Spaceship' could only muster 5.5m.
    What was there to fail about 'Dinosaurs on a Spaceship'?! Did the general public see it was written by Chibnall and stay away in droves?

Anyway, we'll have to see where things stand with timeshift and I-Player results mixed in.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Not a season premiere, and no Daleks.

Love "muster". The power of words!

Si.

Two bits of news tonight:
    The Angels Take Manhattan had an overnight audience of 5.9 million viewers, a share of 26.9% of the total TV audience.

The audience increased throughout the episode, as more viewers joined to witness the departure of 'The Ponds', peaking at 6.4 million for the last five minutes.

Doctor Who was the highest rated programme on BBC One for the day, with the other drama of the evening, Casualty, getting 3.7 million viewers.

Highest programme of the day was The X Factor which had 8.7 million watching. Against Doctor Who, ITV 1's Red or Black? had 3.5 million viewers.

With Sunday's ratings still to come, Doctor Who is at 19th place for the week. Final consolidated figures, which will be available next week, should see this position rise.
    Final ratings data for the week ending 23rd September 2012 released by the Broadcasters’ Audience Research Board or BARB, gives Doctor Who: The Power Of Three a final rating of 7.67 million viewers.

Doctor Who is was the thirteenth most-watched programme of the week on British television and the fifth highest rated on BBC One.

The final rating is over 2 million higher than the initially reported overnight figure and includes all those who record the programme and watch it within a week.

The final ratings figure does not include the BBC Three repeat, where around 300,000 watched. Nor does it include those watching on iPlayer where over 1 million people have accessed the episode so far.

I'm no ratings expert (I leave that to DWM Boss Tom Spilsbury!) but these look pretty healthy to me!

It's funny how the initial ratings look bad but then a week later they're actually pretty damn impressive. The 21st century is a really crazy place these days! It's vaguely ironic too as Who is the only programme on tv I watch live, literally everything else I watch via iplayer (and by other means I shan't mention here).

I'm amazed by how low Casualty has sunk though, I always thought that got a lot stronger ratings and I wonder just how long the Beeb will stick with it if it continues to decline.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Final ratings for the season as a whole....

Asylum of the Daleks 8.33million
    Dinosaurs on a Spaceship 7.57million
    A Town Called Mercy 8.42million
    The Power Of Three 7.67million
    Angels Take Manhattan 7.82million

I don't think we need to worry about anything really, do we?

As far as ratings go, Doctor Who is in the rudest of health. It's bordering on the obscene :-)

And let's face it we know for reasonably certain that the series will still be on for at least another 2 years which is more than most TV shows can say...

The Snowmen had an overnight audience of 7.59 million viewers, a share of 33.9% of the total TV audience.

Doctor Who was the fifth most watched programme of the day, which saw BBC One take seven of the top ten places in the ratings chart. The most watched programme of the day was EastEnders which had 9.4 million watching.

ITV1's highest rated show of the day was Coronation Street with 8.6 million viewers.

Doctor Who was down on last years overnight figure, which saw the show transmitted in a slightly later time slot, where it had 8.9 million watching. This year, against The Doctor, Emmerdale achieved 4.7 million viewers.

Final figures, which will include those who recorded the programme and watched it later, will be available next week.

Doctor Who was down on last years overnight figure
    That's my fault, sorry, I was out and only watched it this morning. I feel very bad about it now...