Well, as I said, it's the AI figures they tend to look at rather than the ratings, and they have been consistently high. Secondly it was the highest rated show on the BBC that night, so it's obviously not doing too badly really, and thirdly, the show has got specials already pencilled in for next year, with more than likely a series to follow after that, so we're in NO big danger of being cancelled. Yes they've dipped, but the show has hit these levels before (at the end of the Eccleston series) and it's still come back. Let us not forget that when the weather was bad at the start of the series, the show was pulling in 9m+ viewers, in the SAME timeslot. I don't think you can blame the timeslot for the low figures- we've had scholl holidays where loads of people have been away and two hot, sunny saturdays that people have been making the most of. With the way the show is scheduled with two more repeats a week plaus the BBC I-Player,and the DVD/ Video recorder, people are actually less likely than ever to be in watching it when it's first broadcast.

Si xx