Thread: Heroes

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Heroes

Has anyone downloaded Heros? I must say, that I really like it, similar in style to Lost. I hear that BBC2 has brought it, not sure when and what sort of a timeslot they will give it.

It's a fantastic show! One of the best shows on TV.

-Andy
    Foolish humans

That's just rumour!

So if it's like Lost, when are people going to get sick of it?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

What's just rumour...? If you mean that BBC2 have got it, here's the story from the horse's mouth:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pre...3/heroes.shtml

i have just see all 11 ep over the net. started with just one then ok let see one more.then it was must see the next one .i say this is going to be a good show for the bbc hope that it on a good time slot
    and let everyone know it on
    Last edited by michael; 19th Dec 2006 at 5:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by michael View Post
    i have just see all 11 ep over the net. started with just one then ok let see one more.then it was must see the next one .i say this is going to be a good show for the bbc hope that it on a good time slot
    and let everyone know it on

if anyone like to see this where i found it
    just a up date have now see up to Episode 13
    and it just get better this is one to watch

sorry my bad
    Last edited by michael; 31st Jan 2007 at 8:01 PM. Reason: sorry

Pip Madeley Guest

No links to *whole episodes* of copyrighted shows from the USA on PS please.

It starts on the Sci-fi channel before it's on BBC2, doesn't it? Looking forward to seeing Eccleston & Sulu from Star Trek in it.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I think it starts sometime this month on Sci-Fi, Steve.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Monday 19th Feb at 10pm is when it is being shown on scifi

It starts on the Sci-fi channel before it's on BBC2, doesn't it? Looking forward to seeing Eccleston & Sulu from Star Trek in it.
    Plus a second DW connection! Apparently Eric Roberts will be joining the show soon!

I caught Episode 11 back in December and really liked it but had never watched it before, then I found out Eccleston was in it, so I read up on the characters and storylines on Wiki to catch myself up on what is going on and have watched Ep. 12 and 13 which are new... Sci Fi here in the US showed eps 9-12 yesterday, so I taped them so I can see 9 and 10. Now if they just have a marathon sometime so I can see 1-8!

It really is an excellent show. Must see veiwing for me now, along with the new DW series and Supernatural.
    Last edited by Jeff; 1st Feb 2007 at 8:21 PM.

I watched the first episode last night and I was immediately hooked. It looks like the hype was right, this is going to be a very good series indeed.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I've watched the first three episodes now and really love it. The pilot's a little slow pace wise but I still really enjoyed it, but it's the other 2 episodes I've seen so far that've really got me hooked.

I really love the tone of it, sometimes it's quite dark, but at other times just really delightful (especially when it comes to the Japanese guy), and whilst I can see the Lost comparisons, this actually gives answers and moves the plot forward at a great rate. Sometimes something has happened and I think ah, I bet they don't resolve this for ages, and then by the end of the episode they actually have!

I'm just about to watch the fourth now, I can imagine this will become really addictive and I'll end up doing about 4 episodes a day until I catch up with the broadcast ones.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I hope you all are still watching this. The series just finished up here this week and all I can say is wow.

One of the best shows on TV, possibly ever.

Oo, I didn't realise we had a Heroes thread.

I came in to the series late, but ended up getting up to date with past episodes in about two weeks, it's quite addicting!

I did really enjoy the finale, I didn't think they were going to have enough time to wrap things up, but it came together nicely in the end. I'm annoyed Linderman was killed off so easily though.
    Last edited by Martin Penny; 25th May 2007 at 12:03 AM.

I still haven't seen the first 8 episodes, but Sci Fi had a marathon last weekend and I was able to record the first seven of them, so I will be watching those soon.

The problem I had with the finale was the pacing of it - up until the final act the episode was very slow, and certainly disappointing from a finale point of view.

Luckily the final act itself was fantastic, and although they went for the cop out of Sylar escaping - why on earth didn't Hiro decapitate him?, it was well worth the wait.

Now only 4 months until Season 2 starts (which luckily isn't as bad as the 8 month wait to see where they go on Lost now! )
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Warning huge spoilers for the final episode are behind the spoiler tages!

I've got to say I was a bit disappointed by the finale. I was hoping for a huge climatic fight with all the Heroes contributing, but they basically had one shot each at Sylar before Hiro turned up. I thought it lacked urgency, and I was a bit confused as to why it was set at night too. I know there's the whole "The future isn't written in stone" mcgubbins going on, but without lots of people running around and screaming, it just felt a lot less exciting than I'd thought it would be.

One other thing confuses me as well - did Peter explode within the atmosphere, as it looked like? As surely that would still be incredibly damaging to the world, what with the fall out and all.

I did really love the series as a whole, I just found it a shame that the ending wasn't what I was expecting it to be. Still, this is just volume 1 of what will hopefully be a series that goes on for years, so I shan't moan too much.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I came so close to digging up this thread on Wednesday just to post this:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/programm...-season-2.html

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Spy
    BBC gets exclusivity for 'Heroes' season 2
    Wednesday, May 23 2007, 10:35 BST
    By Neil Wilkes, Editor

The BBC is thought to have paid around 400,000 an episode for the second season of Heroes - even though it has yet to show the first.

The new deal represents a five-fold increase on the amount the corporation paid for season one, which will air on BBC Two over the summer.

Sci Fi Channel had first-run rights to season one, but was forced out of the bidding for season two as the price tag rose.

Season two will now air on both BBC Two and digital channel BBC Three from next year.
    I fear that Eccleston's gurning will destroy the series for me.

They can start a new midweek primetime 9pm sc-fi/geek slot on BBC2 and stick Torchwood in it next year/between Seasons One and Two of Heroes.

Spoilers in response to Alex:

Personally I thinkthe ending was done right... I think doing too much would have been over the top. Sylar is too good a villain and too interesting a character to kill off. Like the Daleks or the Master he needs to be set up as the main villain. What will be interesting is the fate of Peter and Nathan. We know the explosion wouldn't kill Peter cause he was center of it, and has the ability to regenerate and was still around in the other future after he exploded. I have to assume the fall won't kill him either. What about Nathan? Did he let go Peter as soon as he had him safely away from the city and out over the ocean or something and zip away from the blast?

The next chapter, Generations, will focus on the back stories of the characters and their ancestries apparently, and since we are starting with Hiro by the looks of it, it could be awhile before we find out the fates of Peter, Nathan, and Sylar...

I'm going to start watching once my exams are over

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

In response to Jeff!

There's just something so horrible about Sylar that I wanted him not to survive. I think the writer's have created a fascinating character, but he's so powerful, and so twisted that as much as I think he's been a great bad guy, I did want to see him dead - I still haven't forgiven him for killing the waitress that Hiro fell in love with to be honest!

I'm pretty sure Peter will survive for the reasons you gave, I'm not sure about Nathan though, at the time it looked like it was a huge sacrifice for him to make and it'd weaken it if he did come out of it okay.

I'm intrigued by the idea that the next series will delve in to the back stories of the previous generation of Heroes, they've still to reveal what Peter's Mother's power is and I imagine that it'll be something quite special. Also there's some speculation that the guy on the horse in 16th century Japan is Hiro's father, which would be interesting too.

Re: James' news story - I'm not surprised BBC2 have paid so much for series 2, unless the BBC handles it badly this should be a huge hit for them as it's really popular in the US, and a lot of the people I know are excited about it already. I think it'd be great if they put it in the same timeslot as Who currently is, but alas I can't see that happening...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

have to say love evrey one it was get home on tuesday and see it over the net
    like the very very end bit

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I think it'd be great if they put it in the same timeslot as Who currently is, but alas I can't see that happening...
    Isn't there something in the BBC charter which prevents imported programs being shown in prime time or something?
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I didn't know that, I did a bit of googling and you're definitely right, though it seems to be a vaguely recent change. And it means that Street Hawk will never again be shown on Saturday nights too...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."