Default The Useful Little Programs thread

I don't know if this thread is a really good idea, or won't be of any interest at all, but I thought it might be nice to share a list of helpful little programs that each of us might take for granted, but most people might never have heard of, that make our computing experience that little bit more smooth-running and stress-free.

My contribution is FSScreen which is a free little program that lets you take multiple screen grabs with the Print Screen key, saving them all in a directory, and saves you having to faff about pasting the image manually into some paint program and saving it each time. I'd probably never have heard of it if I hadn't played Flight Simulator, but I've used it loads of times for other things, like making animated gifs or whatever. Even if you just want to take a single screen grab it's STILL less hassle to load it up and use it rather than mess around pasting into Paint or whatever

Pip Madeley Guest

Super

It's a video converting program, converts pretty much anything to anything. I've only used it for convering FLV (Flash YouTube) and AVI videos to MPEG-2, but it does the trick. Well worth a download.

I have that as well. Pretty good for converting audio formats as well which is what I use it for.

Scotty the Windows Watchdog is always good at giving you control over your computer.

And I find DVDFlick very useful for making DVDs out of AVIs.

Blah blah lots of stuff here blah blah.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Well that's one way to kill off a thread