View Poll Results: Can you recite the episode guide from 1963-2008?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I must confess, I know the order of every single episode.

11 36.67%
  • I'm a bit grey on a few episodes, but I know the large majority.

12 40.00%
  • I can remember the episodes of my favourite Doctors, but not the rest.

2 6.67%
  • I can do a few stories and then it just gets hazy.

2 6.67%
  • I don't have a clue, I've never tried!

1 3.33%
  • I'm Ralph/Wayne (delete as applicable), I can do the Pertwee episodes for you if you like?

2 6.67%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default From A to 7P and beyond...

A friend of mine has decided to watch every Doctor Who story from An Unearthly Child to the present, many of them will be new to her. But thinking about it made me realise, I can recite the entire list of stories in my head. From the pilot episode to tonight's episode and beyond... I've not actively tried to learn the list, it's just something that's there! Knowing the correct order to season 19 has probably meant that there's some crucial information inside my head that's lost forever, but hey, I'm happy. Shame You Bet! isn't on telly anymore, I could've gone on and won something.

So the question is - can you do the list in your head, without prompting? The poll's there... and if you're a bit shy to admit your fan status, the poll is anonymous.

Yes I can.

However, I'm not much good on the individual episode titles that make up the early stories. I get a bit confused with them.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

@ Pip's voting options

Yes you're right The next closest I could get right is Tom's but I wouldn't bet any money on it as the late 70s/early 80s Toms I can't remember many of them never mind the order...

Like Si, I can remember the order of stories, but not all of the individual episode titles - I'm confident as far as Roof of the World, then it gets a bit shakey (but certain stories, such as DioE and The Gunfighters, I know).

I'm not sure whether it's sad or not, but either way I've been able to do it for years.

Wayne Guest

I'm Ralph/Wayne (delete as applicable), I can do the Pertwee episodes for you if you like?

I can't even remember the order of the Pertwee stories! Seriously! I can remember Season 7 'coz it's only 4 stories, & i know 'Terror of the Autons' is the first one of S8, & 'Planet of the Spiders' his the last one, but in between that, i could only tell you what season a particular story is from, but not the order.

I coudl probably tell you everything from season 7 to now, but I'd have to do it slowly! The sixties seasons are a bit hazy.

You mention season 19, but I would have to look up the first story in that season in order for me to give the correct sequence. Season numbers I am not very good at remembering.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I don't have a clue, I've never tried!

The precise order becomes a bit of a problem after The Rescue. I can tell you what season it was in if it wasn't a Pertwee - after Inferno it's a minefield! Mind you I couldn't tell you what I was doing ten minutes ago, what's your name again?

I'm in the camp of knowing all the story orders, but not individual episode titles for the Hartnells. Again, I never set out to learn them, but I have that sort of memory combined with 30+ years of reading Who related books and magazines. It's just all sunk in!

I am relieved to learn that Wayne knows that Spiders is Pertwee's last story though - I'd be worried if he didn't know that!

I voted for option two I certainly can name the vast majority of stories in order from The Three Doctors to The Twin Dilema, and a reasonable amount of Hartnell and Mccoy. Troughton's I am very hazey on and although I can name all of Pertwee's stories, I'm not to sure of what stories come in seasons 8, 9, and 10 and what order they come in.

Going back to the Hartnell, stories I also would not be able to name the individual episode titles..

Yes, and probably 95% of the Hartnell stories - The Sensorites, Dalek Invasion of Earth, Web Planet and Chase sometimes give me problems when remembering the titles...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

I get a little lost in the middle of the Troughton run, and probably quite a few of the middle Tom Baker years... come to think of it I'm not sure on the running order of season 22 either. But if you gave me a pencil and half an hour I could probably work it all out.

When it comes to the New Series though I can't even remember half the titles but I could probably put them in order in a "the one with the..." style.

So, given the title of the thread, who can also claim to know the stories in production order?

At least I'm only good up to the end of the classic series, as I lose track of which new series stories are part of which production block...
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Key points - Spearhead from Space is AAA, Robot is 4A. I think Trial was 7Q and The War Machines was Z. The War Games was ZZ and Planet of The Spiders was ZZZ.

Planet of the Daleks was ZZZZZZZZ.... , Battlefield was QZXYQYX, Black Orchid was positively PP in a pod, The Time Monster was AAAAAA and Claws of Axos was RR-OO-R.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Go back 15 years and I could easily recite all the stories in order but not the individual episode titles, but now I struggle a bit with either!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Key points - Spearhead from Space is AAA, Robot is 4A. I think Trial was 7Q and The War Machines was Z. The War Games was ZZ and Planet of The Spiders was ZZZ.

please tell me your not sad enough to know all the production codes..

by the way the production code for The War Machienes was BB..

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post

Planet of the Daleks was ZZZZZZZZ.... , Battlefield was QZXYQYX, Black Orchid was positively PP in a pod, The Time Monster was AAAAAA and Claws of Axos was RR-OO-R.
    And The Ark In Space was A1.

Well I know that The Twin Dilemma production code was W.4.N.K.

And Timelash was S.H.1.T.

And there's the old joke: YYY the Monster of Peladon?

Y the Celestial Toymaker & YohY The Space Pirates.

I think Underworld is 4Y too. Okay... that doesn't work as a joke, but Y doesn't appear to be a good omen in production code terms.

Haha, Timelash was 6Y, I rest my case.

(Kinda was okay though)

I can do the lot, and most of the individual episode titles. I have a mental block on a couple of the Hartnell stories, but most I can do.