View Poll Results: Can you recite the episode guide from 1963-2008?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I must confess, I know the order of every single episode.

11 36.67%
  • I'm a bit grey on a few episodes, but I know the large majority.

12 40.00%
  • I can remember the episodes of my favourite Doctors, but not the rest.

2 6.67%
  • I can do a few stories and then it just gets hazy.

2 6.67%
  • I don't have a clue, I've never tried!

1 3.33%
  • I'm Ralph/Wayne (delete as applicable), I can do the Pertwee episodes for you if you like?

2 6.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Not the production codes though.

I'd be able to get most of the production codes I think, but this more from osmosis due to the fact that they're always written next to the titles in guide books, rather than an actual attempt to memorise them.

Wouldn't have a clue about most Hartnell episode titles though, apart from the funny ones from The Myth Makers.

I can generally do them all, although I can be a bit hazy on the middle 3 Pertwee seasons and the missing 60s stories. Don't ask me production codes or individual episode titles, though!

Captain Tancredi Guest

I'm fairly sound although the seasons which have always given me trouble for one reason or another have been 5 and 19. Serial codes are OK up to 'Planet of the Spiders' because they're logical and all the 4s are between 'Robot' and 'The Invasion of Time' but they also started to make more out of order at that stage.

I've not even bothered with the production codes or the episode titles; my memory struggles with enough. I've had to write down the second episodes of all the post-Rose multi-parters so that I know what everyone's talking about here. When you reach a certain age, three things pack up. The first is the memory. Can't remember what the other two are...

I can name them all in order, but I can never remember which way round The Two Doctors and The Mark of The Rani go for some reason.

That could be because they were filmed the other way round - and I'm sure they were originally to go in that order, but were then changed for some reason (I think DWM mentioned it at the time).

A few years ago I could probably have done the whole lot, but my memory isn't so good now. Sounds daft really, but although I still retain more or less every random fact and stuff like football scores, I can't memorise things anymore. It takes some working out to put last year's series in order, let alone all the stories from 1963 onwards.

can any body name all the episodes backwards from Survival back to An Uneartly Child..

I went with the second option. I know (though I need to brush up since I haven't mentally gone through them in awhile) the classic series in order, and season 1 of the new series (I've had the later seasons memorized when they were on but need more 'excercise' with them), though I do have some mental blocks at a couple of areas, the titles of The Creature From the Pit and the order of the last 3 of season 17(not counting Shada) is one, and then the order The Sea Devils and The Mutants sometimes gets me, or at least I feel unsure. I also don't know production codes or orders nor the early individual episodode titles.

When I was first learning them I would go through them in my head before sleeping, and found that I never finished, usually falling off to sleep when I got to the Pertwee or Tom era's.. I eventually found that I could use the excercise as a sleep aid when my thoughts were too active to go to sleep right away.

Incidentally I also have the Bond movies memorized by the year of release.

No I can't.

I'm sure if I tried I'd get about 85% but I'd easily miss out a Troughton, and get flumoxed as to which way round "The Sunmakers" and "Image of the Fendahl" go.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    can any body name all the episodes backwards from Survival back to An Uneartly Child..
    Challenge me at the next meet Larry and I'll do it for you. A pint will be my reward

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    When I was first learning them I would go through them in my head before sleeping, and found that I never finished, usually falling off to sleep when I got to the Pertwee or Tom era's.. I eventually found that I could use the excercise as a sleep aid when my thoughts were too active to go to sleep right away.
    Hoorah - I thought I was alone in doing this
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Culley View Post
    Hoorah - I thought I was alone in doing this
    I guess it's like counting sheep, except that never worked for me....