Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

From IMDB:
    EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
    AKA: Executive in Charge of Production
    A producer who is not involved in any technical aspects of the filmmaking process, but who is still responsible for the overall production. Typically an executive producer handles business and legal issues. See also associate producer, co-producer, line producer.
    Hmm - Russell seems more of a Creative Executive Producer and Ambassador for The Show! Plus DWM Columnist.
    Last edited by Rob McCow; 3rd Dec 2006 at 3:55 PM.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    From IMDB:

Hmm - Russell seems more of a Creative Executive Producer and Ambassador for The Show! Plus DWM Columnist.

and it's all ways him who seems to go to all the award thingies..

Well, they're not going to send Christopher Eccleston to the awards, are they!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Phil Collinson does do the imporatnt jobs like select the directors, balance the books and oversee the actual making of the prgramme. Those are the same jobs that all the producers of the original series did, and very, very imporatnt they are too.

In many ways the old producers were pretty anonymous for the most part before JNT- he was arguably the first producer who took the limelight.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Well, they're not going to send Christopher Eccleston to the awards, are they!

well he did not even show up when he won best actor..

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Phil Collinson does do the imporatnt jobs like select the directors, balance the books and oversee the actual making of the prgramme. Those are the same jobs that all the producers of the original series did, and very, very imporatnt they are too.

In many ways the old producers were pretty anonymous for the most part before JNT- he was arguably the first producer who took the limelight.

Si xx
    well any one who wares the kind of shirts he used to must have a very big ego..

It kept Mr.Downie happy.

Dave Lewis Guest

Innes Lloyd was famous in the sixties for having the biggest **** of all the BBC staff producers.

transvamp Guest

I don't entirely believe it, but it makes me wonder if there is going to be some plan to bring the Doctor's travels to some closure, what with the new series reminding the character of the importance of family and belonging, and maybe if they're going to introduce the Doctor's son (as the rumours suggest) it will be a major blow to the Doctor's usual 'nothing to lose' outlook and give him responsibilities, forcing him to settle down in a safe corner of the universe and fight evil no more. After all if he found he had family that survived the Time War, he'd probably be grateful for the second chance and be more cautious, and would want to keep himself and them safe.

according to BBC1 controller, Peter Fincham, the BBC has no plans to end Doctor Who in the near future!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

The near future could mean about two-three years in TV land.

ok, to clarify... Fincham's exact words were:

"No truth to that rumour. We don't necessarily plan years in advance, but Doctor Who is so popular I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon."

Ant x

Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    ok, to clarify... Fincham's exact words were:

"No truth to that rumour. We don't necessarily plan years in advance, but Doctor Who is so popular I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon."

Ant x

all depends on what they mean by "an time soon" assuming we get a 4th series that would guarantee at least another two years for Doctor Who and the BBC certainly won't be planning any futher ahead then that..

sometimes i think that Doctor Who fans don't want to think positively

Ant x

----

Quote Originally Posted by Ant Williams View Post
    sometimes i think that Doctor Who fans don't want to think positively

Ant x

ah well Ant - I'm an eternal pessimist..

Digital Spy report from today's press screening:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds40877.html

Fincham: 'Doctor Who' has "long" future
    Monday, December 18 2006, 13:32 GMT
    By Neil Wilkes, Editor

BBC One controller Peter Fincham has quashed speculation over the future of Doctor Who beyond its upcoming third series.

Speaking at a press screening of Christmas special The Runaway Bride this morning, Fincham said that there was "a long way to go yet with Doctor Who in its modern incarnation". The BBC has yet to officially commission a fourth series of Doctor Who for 2008 but David Tennant is thought to have already signed up for a fourth.

Meanwhile, Tennant refused to confirm when he would be leaving the show, explaining that he was "very careful" never to speculate. "From the moment I accepted this job they were going 'when are you leaving?' A boy could get a complex," he joked. "I try to remain as non-commital on that as possible. I think I shall maintain that stance today!"

Doctor Who - The Runaway Bride airs on BBC One at 7pm on Christmas Day.

The BBC has yet to officially commission a fourth series of Doctor Who for 2008 but David Tennant is thought to have already signed up for a fourth.
    How much more ambiguous can you get?

Does the reporter mean he's signed up for the fourth series (his third), or that he's signed up for a fourth series (the series fifth)?

Well that's all good news isn't it? Didn't I say much the same on page 1

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.