Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pip Madeley Guest

The Royle family is one sitcom in serious need of taking down.
    That'd be a much more interesting debate, as I know there's a few fans of the show on PS

That'd be a much more interesting debate, as I know there's a few fans of the show on PS
    And a few 'not so fans' too.

Pip Madeley Guest

Well, quite

Dave Lewis Guest

The Royle Family is the most overrated pile of **** to ever appear on the telly.

It needs bringing down immediately.

To classic lines/situations/characters, can I add the sausage sequence, the Jamaica Giner Cake ruse, the Widow Featherstone, indecisive character played by Maggie Ollerenshaw, and probably my favourite, the free gift ruse:

(Arkwright has just handed the customer her pound of rice, in a brown paper bag)
    Customer: Where's the free gift?
    Arkwright: I took the liberty of putting your rice in it.

And although I initially said that one of the joys of OAH (and yes, it IS Open All Hours, it's called that because the shop opens before dawn, and closes after dark - ie, before and after every other shop) was that nothing happened, I'm another anti-Roylist, even though the same could be said of that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lewis View Post
    I imagine it'll be a cold day in hell before Si takes down Hi-De-Hi. Or will it?

Two of the shows mentioned are so much better than Open All Hours that there's no comparison; one is so wretched that there's no possibility of even attempting to compare it, because it's like trying to associate a dog poo with a cat poo; one is mainly rubbish but used to raise the occasional laugh every sixteenth episode; and the other, which I've never really watched (nor ever wanted to, to be honest) is Waiting For God.

I picked 5 sitcoms that (a) Seem to have been on a lot (b) I have watched whole episodes of and (c) Have never laughed, or even raised a smile at.

There's many more that could be on that list....
    Bazinga !