Thread: Deletions?

Default Deletions?

Does anybody know how to find out when titles will be deleted? Or how long a title stays available after it's release date? It would be very helpful to me if I could find out, as there are sveral titles I'd like to buy and it would make sense to start with those which might get deleted first. Thanks.

Captain Tancredi Guest

The ones which will probably cease to be available soonest will be the original Five Doctors and 'Remembrance of the Daleks', as both have been replaced and the stated intention at the time was for the upgraded 'Remembrance' from the Davros box set to eventually take its place in the main range.

Other than that, to be honest I'd just look at the prices retailers are charging online. Doctor Who DVDs are fairly well known for selling well in the first couple of weeks and then sinking rapidly, so anything which is going at below £8 or so is probably an overstocked item that retailers are looking to clear. Although having said that, I don't think there's been any change to the stated ultimate aim of bringing out more season box sets, so there may not be anything deleted for a while.

It might also be worth buying any story which doesn't have an obvious "hook" to keep it in circulation. Genesis of the Daleks for example has mainstream appeal which Vengeance on Varos does not. There has to be a point at which the powers that be decide that casual viewers want Sarah Jane and Cybermen and K9 but probably won't have any interest in Zarbi, Maylin Tekker or scary old houses which Ace might burn down a hundred years hence.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

The simple answer is that no stories are planned to be deleted at present. And even if they were, there will be copies floating about on Ebay for the next 10 years anyway.

Si.

Thanks for this.