Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What was your last "Classic Series Who" story?

Which story was (or is maybe) the last Classic series Who story you had to see? We all go on about the first time we watched and what we saw first, but what was the last one you had to watch? Did you save the best 'til last or was it a bit of a stinker? And indeed, is there anything you still haven't seen?
    (This doesn't count recovered episodes like Day of Armageddon and The Lion, as we all probably saw them around the same time!)

I'd better go first. The last story I had to see was The Tenth Planet. Dreary old story to end up with too, not nearly as good as I'd hoped it would be. Still I suppose it was a fairly iconic way to end. Could have been worse, the last full story I had to watch was The Invisible Enemy!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The last story I watched was my DVD of "The Invasion".

Thank GOD they reanimated the missing bits, it's too good a story to waste.

"Full Circle". My Grandad messed up recording it first time round on UK Gold, so I had to wait til it rolled round again. It was quite a nice one to finish up on.

Si.

I think mine was the existing episodes of "The Reign of Terror" which was a few years ago. I thought it was ok really. There's a fair few missing episodes I've yet to bother listening to the audios of ("The Space Pirates", "The Savages") and I've still not seen the exisiting episodes of "The Faceless Ones" despite having had them on DVD for about 4 years.

Mine was Invasion Of The Dinosaurs, shortly after it was released. Not a classic, but there are worse stories to end up on.

I've never seen the existing episodes of The Reign of Terror, so the precise answer to your question is that I've yet to reach the "That's it - I've seen everything!" stage!

There are also vast swathes of the series which I still don't own in any form, and for a lot of those (particularly the Key To Time Season) when I eventually get round to watching them it'll be like watching them anew as I haven't seen them for more than a decade

Wayne Guest

I listened to 'The Highlanders' for the first time only last year, but actual viewing would be the existing episodes of 'The Reign of Terror' & 'The Crusade', which i saw for the first time when i did my Hartnell thread which was lost in the old EZBoard crash of 2006(?).
    I think last 'full' story was 'The Greatest Show of the Galaxy'.

Survival.

Our VCR was broken and I missed the last two episodes. It was made even worse once it was realised that the show wasn't coming back. The first time I saw those two episodes was when the story was released on VHS.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

The last one I had to see was the DVD of Invasion. To see it from start to finish.

Mine was "Marco Polo", last week round at Ian Levine's house.

Si.

Did he show you "Evil of the Daleks" while he was at it?

I believe that mine was actually Underworld. Unless you're counting K9 and Company, which I still haven't seen!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

You're in for a treat!

Si.

I haven't seen "The Stones of Blood" or "The Androids of Tara" yet.

I haven't seen most of the complete Hartnell and Troughton stories that are not available on DVD in the US. That's why I probably look forward to the black and white releases maybe a bit more than the others..

Captain Tancredi Guest

[QUOTE=Si Hunt;108485]"Full Circle". My Grandad messed up recording it first time round on UK Gold, so I had to wait til it rolled round again. /QUOTE]

We've come full circle!

How did anybody miss that???

After giving the matter due consideration, I'd guess it was 'The Mind of Evil' sometime in 1998-9; I only bought a video recorder on August Bank Holiday 1998 and I certainly watched it in my last place rather than the current place. There are other things that I first saw all the way through at around the same time, but I'd already seen part if not all of the story.

Assuming we're not talking about soundtracks of missing stories, and are referring to watchable, existing stories only...

...then (typically!) I'm not 100% sure. I can remember watching bits of season 15 when I was a nipper, but I genuinely don't remember anything about "Underworld" - and conversely I vividly remember missing part 2 of "The Invisible Enemy" (the rage still burns within me!!)***. I've since then watched part 1 of "Underworld" on a pirate copy, back in the early 90s, but haven't seen anything of "The Invisible Enemy" since 1977, except for the odd clip here and there.

So (finally getting to the point!) my last genuinely unwatched (or rather, not fully watched) story will be either "Underworld" or "The Invisible Enemy" depending on which of those two I watch first (and with the latter due on DVD just before my birthday, the former seems most likely).

***Incidentally, of all the episodes to miss, episode 2 of TIE does seem to move the story on one heck of a lot, I'm sure I must have been totally baffled by the start of part 3 back in the day - it switches from 'Doctor about to shoot Leela on a space base' to 'mini-Doc & mini-Leela inside comatose Doctor surrounded by new characters in an entirely different space base' during that 25 minutes!!!

Like a few others on here, the existing episodes of Reign of Terror when the VHS finally came out some 5-6 years ago. For a complete story, I think it was The Sensorites in 1998 on a UK Gold Saturday morning omnibus - yes, I sat through some 3 hours of it while recording it and cutting out all the adverts!

There are a few stories I have still never seen - Gunfighters, Reign of Terror, Delta & The Bannermen, Tenth Planet, Ice Warriors

The last story I watched for the first time was probably The Invasion DVD
    Bazinga !

Ok....(deep breath) In chronological order, I haven't seen or heard:

Inside the spaceship/Edge of destruction...whatever it's called
    Marco Polo
    The last four episodes of "The Sensorites"
    The reign of terror
    Planet of giants
    The Rescue
    The Romans
    The Web planet
    The Crusade
    The space museum
    The Chase (a few clips only)
    Think I've seen all there is to see and hear of "Galaxy 4"
    Mission to the unknown
    The myth makers
    The massacre...
    The Celestial toymaker
    The Gunfighters
    The Savages
    The war machines
    The Smugglers
    The tenth planet
    The highlanders
    Fury from the deep (needs sorting that one)
    The Dominators
    The Invasion (apart from some of one episode)
    The War games
    The Mutants
    The masque of Mandragora
    The hand of fear (not since I was 5 anyay)

I have seen, but don't remember much or anything of:

Underworld
    The power of Kroll
    The Armageddon factor

(Also most of season 24 and 25 I haven't seen since transmission.)

You'd think I didn't like Hartnell from that list! So there's about 30 stories to still see there! It's a smaller list than it was two years ago!

Afew people leaving "Underwolrd" 'til last there, maybe me included. I wonder why?
    Last edited by Carol Baynes; 10th May 2008 at 10:21 AM.

Incomplete story - The Reign of Terror back in 2003.

Complete story - The War Games in November 1998 (UK Gold Friday night/Saturday morning omnibus).

Gunfighters and Sensorites were the last two I hadn't seen, and that was rectified when the Hartnell video boxset came out. I was pleasantly surprised by Sensorites and appalled at how bad Gunfighters was.

These are the stories I've never seen.

The Edge of Destruction
    The Keys of Marinus
    Planet of the Giants
    The Rescue
    The Romans
    Colony in Space
    The Mutants
    The Time Monster
    The Monster of Peladon
    The Masque of Mandragora
    The Invisible Enemy
    The Sun Makers

You've never seen "Marinus" or "The Time Monster"? You're in for a treat! Both of those are bad in a hilarious way. Everything else on your list is bad in a dull way, except "The Sunmakers" which I like but nobody else does.

Please live out the rest of your life without bothering to sit through "Monster of Peladon". Believe me, there's nothing there you need to see.

Si.

I think Paul would like Mandragora. You're all very mean about that lovely story!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.