View Poll Results: What did you think of The Doctor's Daughter?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10/10 - Bang tidy lass, no doubt about that.

1 2.94%
  • 9/10 - You're fit but my gosh don't you know it...

4 11.76%
  • 8/10 - Grr baby very grr! Very shagadelic.

5 14.71%
  • 7/10 - I liked Little Miss Moffett's tuffet.

10 29.41%
  • 6/10 - Worth a punt. Davison should be proud.

5 14.71%
  • 5/10 - The Fence

4 11.76%
  • 4/10 - Not my type, really.

0 0%
  • 3/10 - Maybe if I was drunk.

3 8.82%
  • 2/10 - Bring back Susan Foreman!

2 5.88%
  • 1/10 - HAG!!!!

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Rate & Discuss 4.6: The Doctor's Daughter

Phwooarrr!!!

Who cares if the story is dire!

Nuff said!!!

Personally, I might be looking for some extra merits in the 45 minutes!

I thought exactly the opposite - I found her voice rather nice in "Red Dawn" but seeing her in person at t'were was a big let down.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

As the Second Doctor said in The Five Doctors

Well, we shall soon see shan't we.

Anyone able to post a pic in the meantime, lol

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Archimandrite View Post

Anyone able to post a pic in the meantime, lol

On a slightly less lustful note, I hope the Doctor's going to give her a right good telling off for running around and shooting guns, as per the exclusive clip.

Otherwise, after last week, he might look a bit of a hypocrite.
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post

You can see her mother in her face can't you.

so if she's trillian jr. does that make the doctor beeblebrox? ( as in "anything else he's got two of?")

Pip Madeley Guest

Default Rate & Discuss 4.6: The Doctor's Daughter

On the planet Messaline, in the middle of an endless war, the Doctor meets the most important woman of his life... no, not Rose.

As always, keep spoilers away & refrain from voting until after the episode has gone out on Beeb 1.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkie View Post
    so if she's trillian jr. does that make the doctor beeblebrox? ( as in "anything else he's got two of?")
    No, her father was Dish of the Day.

Pip Madeley Guest

And still is, for many.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post

yep Georgia Moffett, is bloody gorgeous...

Quote Originally Posted by The Archimandrite View Post
    You can see her mother in her face can't you.
    "Put the dinner on, I'll be home in 20 minutes!"

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

The big question is:- "How are people going to refer to this episode in their posts?"

I mean, there is an annoying* habit on these boards to shorten all stories to their initials but that isn't going to work this time round. The Doctor's Daughter & The Doctor Dances, it's going to get confusing I can see it.

*Well I find it annoying as I have to spend minutes trying to think what the hell people are on about!

They could just use the acronym for both episodes of the latter, hence TEC/TDD.

The same problem exists for some of the old series stories, there's three that are called SOD.

There's thirteen that are called TRIPE.

The Rani Is Pickling Eggs? That was a classic! Not to be confused with Temporal Rabbits Invade Planet Earth.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    I thought exactly the opposite - I found her voice rather nice in "Red Dawn" but seeing her in person at t'were was a big let down.
    Funny, I thought she looked quite nice but when I heard her speak in the trailed I didn't like her voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    The big question is:- "How are people going to refer to this episode in their posts?"

I mean, there is an annoying* habit on these boards to shorten all stories to their initials but that isn't going to work this time round. The Doctor's Daughter & The Doctor Dances, it's going to get confusing I can see it.

*Well I find it annoying as I have to spend minutes trying to think what the hell people are on about!
    Yes, same for me. People talk about TPotW and TwarK and LuMP etc and it confuses the hell out of me. On that note I doubt I'll find this any more confusing than normal

(I blame ST:TNG for starting that trend "btw")

TPotW? They haven't made The Prurience of the Wallis yet! I'll guarantee though, it'll be the biggest load of old TwarK you've ever seen!

And it takes me at least a week to work out all these initials as well. But then I'm teminally bewildered.

TPotW is actually a genuine one but the fact that you didn't even notice speaks volumes

Exactly! It took me 30 seconds to work TPotW out.

That was excellent & unless it gets bettered then I'll upgrade it's 9/10 to a 10/10!
    I knew that would be how he would get to be a father. It was kind of obvious but nice to speculate about other possibilities.
    Only one negative comment, why was it only the Doctor who was sampled & not Martha or Donna as well?
    Otherwise a totally superb episode & definitely the best of this season!

Nice ending!

The Doctor had a family...once.

Might be a spin off soon, what with Jenny off on her own an all.

Well, after the first few seconds, and the revelation of how Jenny is the Doctor's daughter, I felt that the story was going to be a bit of a cop-out. The story was going to be a big audience puller with it's title and the preview trailer we saw last week, and I was disappointed at how quickly they managed to make the whole thing a little more prosaic.
    Having said that, the remainder of the story was actually very good. Even when the Doctor travelled with Susan (including the Dalek Invasion of Earth ending), you never really got to see the side of the Doctor you got to see in this episode. The way he built a relationship with his daughter, the way she mirrored his sheer enthusiasm was excellently portrayed by both Tennant and Moffett.
    The story appeared to be a little safe to begin with, and both the Hath and the humans never really engaged as much as I'd have liked, although the Hath who travelled overland with Martha did go some way into redeeming this situation. As the story progressed, however, the moralistic tone became a very focal part of the tale and the story worked all the better fot it. The reveal that the war had only been waged for seven days was the pinnacle of this for me. I was expecting a twist to Jenny's fate after she was shot, and at first expected her to regenerate, but am nontheless happy with the ending we got. I expect to see her return to the series in the future, hopefully to travel with the Doctor, even if for a small time.

I knew that would be how he would get to be a father. It was kind of obvious but nice to speculate about other possibilities.
    Only one negative comment, why was it only the Doctor who was sampled & not Martha or Donna as well?
    I assume Donna and Martha would have been if it wasn't for the arrival of the Hath.