Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default No Doctor Who on 24th May

Just like last year, Doctor Who will take a one week break due to the Eurovision. The show will return on May 31st with "Silence In The Library".

I hope we get a special 'coming soon' trailer at the end of this week's episode

Wayne Guest

Frikking Eurovision! It's nearly as bad as Football.

Pip Madeley Guest

I think the break is a good idea, it gives them a chance to hype up the second half of the series, which like last year is going to be darker. Least it's going to be a cracker (Steven Moffatt) rather than a duffer (Chris Chinballs).

Wayne Guest

Typically, i've got a gig the week before that means i won't be able to watch Dr Who 'live', but i haven't got one on the 24th.

like last year is going to be darker.
    Didn't they say last year that this years was going to be less dark?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

From what I know of the rest of the series (post-Unicorn) it's going to be drama drama drama

The gap works for me, and means I can now go ahead and arrange something extra special for the day of the last episode...

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I seem to recall quite enjoying the week off last year, and it kind of whetted my appetite for the second half of the season - last year's special trailer at the end of Lazarus was thrilling, I wonder if we'll get anything like it this year?

Least it's going to be a cracker (Steven Moffatt)
    Because I haven't seen it yet, I'm going to say that it will be rubbish based on no evidence whatsoever.

Great! No Doctor Who on the 24th. Let's go and watch Indiana Jones And the Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull instead!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Oh good a break - that means nothing can get in the way of my annual Eurovision party then! Had visions of sending half my guests into the garden for 45 minutes....
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

That fits in perfectly with our plans! It's the annual local Holy Fair that day (a re-enactment of a local festival from the time of Robert Burns) which means a quick scoot around the stalls, taking in some traditional folk music, then a trip to the pub for a few hours, all topped off by a bbq at night. At least I don't need to worry about setting the video now...

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    I hope we get a special 'coming soon' trailer at the end of this week's episode
    well at least this year unlike last years mid series "coming soon" trailer we're not going to be sitting there thinking what a bloody fantastic episode next weeks is going to be..

I just hope if we do we get to see a bit more info on E12 and finally get to know if the rumour of you know who coming back is true.

Pip Madeley Guest

well at least this year unlike last years mid series "coming soon" trailer we're not going to be sitting there thinking what a bloody fantastic episode next weeks is going to be..
    Eh?? Episode 8 sounds awesome.

Oh well it'll make the series last longer.

Trebor mints are a minty bit stronger!

Stick them up your arse and they last a bit longer.

This isn't such a bad idea. From a purely selfish point of view, it means I will now be able to watch the final episode as it goes out - I'd originally worked it out that my shift pattern would mean that I would have to miss it on the Saturday and instead wait until the Sunday evening. Imagine having to avoid any spoilers for 24 hours!? However, the extra week now means that I'll be free on the evening of the (and I do hate this term!) 'season finale'!

Eh?? Episode 8 sounds awesome
    I think Larry's referring to last year, when some people seemed to think that all the clips at the end of The Lazarus Experiment were from just the next episode, rather than (as they actually were) being from the entire remainder of the series.

Pip Madeley Guest

Aaaaaaah. Now I get it.

Just to add fuel to the fire, isn't this Saturday FA Cup weekend. Have the BBC got the live rights again? If so extra time and penalties could affect Dr Who.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Pip Madeley Guest

If so extra time and penalties could affect Dr Who.
    Not really, if it overruns they'll probably just drop "Outtake TV".

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Just to add fuel to the fire, isn't this Saturday FA Cup weekend. Have the BBC got the live rights again? If so extra time and penalties could affect Dr Who.

yep the BBC will be showing the game but even if it gose to extra time and penalties it should still be finished by 6pm.

I've written to the BBC in uncompromising terms of my deep disappointment and disgust that this fine series should be sidelined next week. What will I do without it, life seems almost unbearable without it. Nasty BBC!

Pip Madeley Guest

It's a bit early to start drinking, Ralph...

I'm perfectly sober my good fellow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ5oP...eature=related

Pip Madeley Guest

"Don't tell me I'm still on that fecking island!"

It's a classic isn't it!