Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I didn't realise this book had it's own website - http://thewriterstale.com/index.html
    The Writer Stale? Yeah kind of summed up my opinion of End of Time and the "specials".
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm currently reading this updated version (thanks Manchester Libraries) and it's really good stuff - you feel quite sorry for RTD, he had a bit of a nightmarish period over the summer of 2008, having to carry Torchwood: Children of Earth, worrying over SJA's budget cuts and then planning the Specials... Planet of the Dead and The Waters Of Mars changed quite drastically during writing (Phil Ford's original idea for the latter story was completely different to what we got) while there was a period when RTD had the first part of The End of Time set up, but absolutely no clue about the conclusion - and no Time Lords...

All this while planning a new life in LA. I have total respect for the guy.

I'm really looking forward to reading this, I saw a copy of the first version in a charity shop last week for £4 but I think I'm going to wait until I can get my hands on the revised one.

Re: Your comments Pip, I do have sympathy for RTD, but perhaps if he hadn't have taken so much on, we might have had better specials than we did...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."