Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Commander Radux
    I bet he's warm and soothing at the end of a long day.

Si.

I have to ask, how come Romana is the President of the Time Lords, yet she can't come up with a plan? Surely she'd be far more devious than the Doctor- Presidents of the Time Lords are notorious for that!

I'm thoroughly enjoying this though!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

her personality changed with her latest regeneration.

After a lengthy delay (sorry) here is the first episode of the second part of my 18-episode epic, Time War: The Fall of Arcadia!

The Time War

Part Two: The Fall of Arcadia

EPISODE ONE

A month has passed since the Dalek invasion of Gallifrey. The Time Lords have suffered many blows to their pride, and have fallen back to the colony world of Arcadia. The population has mobilised into an army, and the Doctor is now a General. The Doctor and his unit of soldiers are being briefed on the current situation by the President's personal aide and head of the new army, newly recovered from the planet of the War Games, the Time Lord formerly known as the War Chief, now known as Magnus. The current situation is as follows. Forty-eight hours ago, the Sontarans staged a surprise attack on the Time Lord fleet. The Dalek Emperor used this distraction to capture President Romana. She is now being held captive on the Emperor's ship. The Doctor and his unit will take a squad of Type-86 War TARDISes, and rescue the President. This will, the War Chief thinks, damage the Daleks' morale significantly. The Doctor guffaws this, saying that Daleks don't HAVE morale.

Even so, the War Chief still believes this to be a good strategy. The soldiers then dismiss to the War TARDISes. The Doctor enters one, and is surprised to see that his co-pilot will be Alimba! The Doctor is surprised, thinking Alimba had been killed in the battle of Silfrax Five, stung by a native Vespiform. Alimba says she's tougher than she looks. The order then comes to scramble, and all the War TARDISes dematerialise. Once in flight, Alimba reveals that she brought someone else along too. A nudge at the Doctor's shin reveals it to be K-9! He is connected to the War TARDIS's strategic computer, and is now ready for full-scale war. The Doctor tells K-9 not to get too over-excited, because war isn't a good thing.

Meanwhile, on the Dalek ship, President Romana is undergoing interrogation. The Daleks demand to know what the Time Lords' strategies are, and who is now in charge. Romana resists the mind probe with apparent ease, and tells the Daleks that a Voxolian Speelsnape could interrogate her with more effect. The Daleks scream for silence, or they will use maximum force. Romana asks the Daleks how they know the War Chief hasn't sent a rescue squad to come and get her? The Dalek doing the interrogation converses silently with the Emperor's staff for a second, then instructs Romana to come to the bridge.

On the edge of the fleet, the War TARDISes materialise. The Doctor gives the command, and they swoop in for the kill. However, a million Daleks levitate out of the ships and begin attacking, chanting “Exterminate!” all the while. Many of the TARDISes are picked off quickly, but the Doctor instructs the rest to put their shields to full power. Once that is done, the Dalek guns have less effect.

On the bridge of the Emperor's ship, Romana is brought before the Emperor. She is completely unperturbed, saying “Well, your Imperialness, I suppose you're wondering why you sent for me.” The Emperor does not understand, and Romana explains that it was a joke. One of the Emperor's staff exclaims that Daleks have no sense of humour, and Romana says that she's noticed. Looking outside, Romana sees the battle between the War TARDISes and the Daleks. The Emperor tells her that he has brought her up here to see her forces being completely obliterated by the glorious Daleks. The Emperor offers Romana a deal; if she will tell him the secret of time travel, he will call off the attack...and the Doctor will survive.

Back inside the War TARDIS, the battle is not going well. Only the Doctor's TARDIS and half a dozen others remain in the air, the rest have been totally destroyed. The Doctor begs the War Chief to send reinforcements, but he laughs and refuses, saying that the Daleks will reward him much for this. The Doctor realises that he was on their side all along, but just at that moment, a Dalek scores a direct hit on the War TARDIS's force field generator. It is now totally defenceless! Against Alimba's urging to return to Arcadia, the Doctor decides to go for a final, all-out offensive on the main ship itself. Alimba tells him he's mad, but the Doctor is resolute. The War TARDIS closes in...

On the Dalek Emperor's ship, Romana has reached a decision. She will not reveal the secret of dimensionally transcendental time travel. The Dalek Emperor gives the order to blast the Doctor's War TARDIS out of existence. Thousands more Daleks pour out of the ship, chanting “Exterminate the Doctor!Exterminate the Doctor! Exterminate the Doctor!”

Well, to make up for the long delay, here is another episode, hot off the press.

The Time War

EPISODE TWO

Alimba tries to dematerialise, but it is no use, since the Daleks have placed a gravity bubble around the TARDIS. They need more power to dematerialise than is readily available. The Doctor digs frantically in his pocket, and finally retrieves what he is looking for: the original dematerialisation circuit from his own TARDIS. He says that with two dematerialisation circuits, there will be twice as much power. Alimba and K-9 remind the Doctor that that dematerialisation circuit is useless, since the Time Lords sabotaged it at the beginning of the Doctor's exile on Earth. The Doctor says that is why he and K-9 must fix it, and quickly. Alimba manoeuvres the TARDIS out of the Daleks' way, and fires two Artron missiles, which obliterate most of the Daleks. The Doctor realises that the dematerialisation circuit requires a new time force stabiliser, but he doesn't have the components to hand. K-9 corrects the Doctor: yes he has. The Doctor realises that K-9 is offering his own components to save the Doctor and Alimba. The Doctor can't bring himself to dismantle an old friend, but Alimba tells him it's the only way. Grudgingly, the Doctor gets to work.

On the Dalek ship, Romana's nerve finally breaks and she gives in to the Emperor's demands. She will give the Daleks the secret of dimensionally transcendental time travel, if the Dalek Emperor will call off the attack. The Dalek Emperor does so.

Inside the War TARDIS, the Doctor has repaired the original dematerialisation circuit and fitted it into the console. He laments the loss of K-9, and hopes the circuit is compatible. He hits the dematerialisation control.

On the Dalek ship, Romana is attached to a mysterious machine with lots of tentacles coming out of it. The Supreme Dalek says it was salvaged from an Axon attack on Skaro, and is the most efficient method they have of extracting knowledge. The Supreme activates it, and Romana writhes in pain as the equations for time travel appear on a nearby monitor...

The Doctor's modifications worked; K-9 has saved them, all. The Doctor starts pressing lots of buttons. When Alimba asks what he is doing, the Doctor replies “Something clever...”

Romana has been disconnected from the Axon interrogation device, and the Supreme tells her that the Daleks have no further use for her. The Supreme prepares to exterminate, but a strange whooshing is heard, and the War TARDIS materialises around Romana. The Supreme tries to shoot it, but to no avail. Even though Romana has been rescued, she is still dejected. The Doctor asks why, and Romana says it is because she has given the Daleks the secret of time travel. The Doctor and Alimba are shocked by this, but the Doctor dismisses it, saying that they still have a job to do. They must return to Arcadia to confront the War Chief. Romana asks why, and The Doctor reveals to her that he is a spy for the Daleks. Romana cannot believe it.

On Arcadia, the TARDIS re-materialises. The Doctor strides out, but is immediately confronted by three members of the Chancellery guard, with guns. One of them says that all the occupants of this TARDIS are under arrest. Romana says that they cannot arrest her, she's the president! A voice from around the corner says that this is no longer the case. The War Chief strides forward, and the Doctor tries to hit him, but the guards hold him back. The War Chief laughs, saying that he has invoked clause 19 of the proclamation of Monson Daar, unilaterally declaring himself the President, and sentencing the previous President to death. Romana says that clause 19 states that there has to be proof of gross betrayal of the people of Gallifrey, but the War Chief says that there is: former President Romana has betrayed Gallifrey by giving their sworn enemies, the Daleks, the secret of time travel. The Doctor retorts that the War Chief himself would have told them soon enough anyway, and the War Chief admits that this is true, but the people don't need to know that. He orders them to be taken away, and to be shot at dawn tomorrow.

In the cell, Alimba and Romana are at a loss as to how they're going to get out of this one, and the Doctor reluctantly concurs. He thinks they've had it this time, but suddenly there is a groan of pain from the guard outside, a thud, and then a familiar face at the window: it is Leela! She heard what had happened and wants to help get them out. She takes the dead guard's keys and opens the door. They all decide to make for the main control centre. However, unbeknownst to them, the guard regenerates and raises the alarm. In another corridor, the Doctor, Leela, Romana and Alimba are suddenly confronted with five guards and the War Chief. He says mockingly “Going Somewhere?”...
    Last edited by shada pavlova; 1st Jun 2008 at 3:06 PM.

suddenly there is a groan of pain from the guard outside, a thud, and then a familiar face at the window: it is Leela!
    Has she pleasured the guard into submission?

Anyway, I thought the Daleks already had time travel since "The Chase".

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

The War Chief strides forward, and the Doctor tries to hit him
    The War Chief or The Doctor, which is better? There's only one way to find out...

FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

The War Chief? That's a twist I didn't see coming.

Si xx

Well, to be honest if anyone in paticular was going to show up to a great big time war, you'd want the War Chief to be there!

Glad to see he's back to his old 'shooting people at dawn' tricks
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm praying for a team up between the Security Chief, The Keeper of the Matrix and Decider Nefred from "Full Circle". Will it happen?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

What a stupid foooooooooooooool youuuuuuuuu aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaareeee.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    What a stupid foooooooooooooool youuuuuuuuu aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaareeee.
    he's right, you know. since the security chief DIED.

anyway, sorry to say, but i've injured my good typing hand, so there won't be any more Time War for quite some time.

Hope you get better soon.

Si xx

since the security chief DIED.
    Ever heard of Regeneration?

Hope your hand injury clears up Mr Pavlova, and you can get back to writing soon!

Si.

it'll be 4-6 weeks before i can safely type something as long as an episode of the time war.

apparently.

also, the security chief wasn't a time lord. he was one of those wierd skinhead aliens, like the war lord.

After an exceedingly lengthy delay, the Time War IS BACK!!

Here's The Fall of Arcadia, Episode Three!

The Time War

EPISODE THREE

The Doctor and his friends are stood before the whole of the “Emergency Council”. The Doctor sees many familiar faces, including Mortimus the Monk, The Rani, and his most evil enemy, the Master. The Doctor says he is “touched” by this reunion of old friends. The War Chief proclaims the trial of Ex-President Romanadvoratrelundar for her crimes against the Time Lords, and her co-conspirators, The Doctor, Leela and Alimba. The Doctor asks if a trial is really necessary, as everybody clearly knows that Romana is totally and utterly guilty. Leela cannot believe this apparent betrayal, but the Doctor orders her to be silent. The War Chief is pleased that the Doctor has finally gotten rid of his “streak of goodness”, and is on the verge of clearing him of the charge, but the Master stands up and demands that the Doctor must be executed along with all the others. Romana stands up and denounces the War Chief as a traitor to Gallifrey, firstly by allying himself with the War Lords in an attempt to conquer the universe, secondly by attempting to free the War Lords from their force shielded planet by impersonating Hermann Goerring (see Timewyrm:Exodus), and thirdly by turning spy for the Daleks. The War Chief denies all these claims, and reminds Romana that she is on the verge of death anyway. The War Chief, to rapturous applause from the Council, sentences all of the prisoners to death by matter dispersion, to be carried out immediately. Commander Maxil then walks in, flanked by two guards, and they take the Doctor and his friends to the matter dispersion chamber.

The War Chief asks if the Doctor has any last words, and the Doctor calls him “a plinging Thraskin of antediluvian proportions”. The War Chief then says “How charming.” before pressing the button. However, he does not notice the Doctor fiddling with his sonic screwdriver for a second. The matter dispersion then occurs, and when it is over, there is nothing left of the Doctor, or his companions. The Meddling Monk remarks that “the sentence has been carried out”. Commander Maxil looks put out at him stealing his line.

The War Chief then returns to the presidential quarters, where he activates a video screen, on which appears the Emperor Dalek. He reports that the Doctor's life has been successfully terminated, an asks the Emperor if he will now honour his part of the bargain, and spare the members of the High Council. The Dalek Emperor says that “Promises made to aliens have no validity”, and cuts off the link. A Dalek then teleports into the War Chief's quarters, and kills him before being destroyed himself by Maxil, who heard everything.

In the Doctor's TARDIS (which was in storage on Arcadia) The Doctor and his friends appear, and all fall over. Leela asks why they aren't dead, and Romana says that she'd quite like to know too. The Doctor says that just before the process begun, he reversed the polarity of the neutron flow, thereby converting the disperser into a transmat device, which he programmed to take them into the TARDIS. The Doctor then takes off, hoping to convince the council to help him defeat the Daleks.

On the bridge of the Dalek Emperor's saucer, the Supreme reports that the War Chief has been successfully exterminated. The Emperor decides that the time has come to use their ultimate weapon, the Time Destructor, which they decided to have another go at building after their attempt on Kembel was thwarted by the Doctor. The Supreme disagrees, saying that it has not been tested, and could destroy the Dalek fleet as well. The emperor says that the risk is insignificant, and that the Time Destructor must be prepared immediately.

In the Council chamber, the TARDIS materialises, only to find it deserted except for the Master. He says that he was against the War Chief's plan of betrayal all along, and he now wishes to throw in his lot with the Doctor. The Doctor is initially distrustful, but eventually agrees. He asks where the rest of the “Emergency Council” are, and the Master replies that he does not know, since they all stole a TARDIS and fled to save their own skins. The Doctor asks the Master why he didn't follow suit, and the Master says that he has realised the error of his ways and wishes to repent. The Doctor welcomes him aboard the TARDIS.

On the Dalek saucer, the Emperor Dalek gives the order for the Time Destructor to be tested on a group of captured Ice Warriors. They all age to death and crumble into dust. The Dalek Emperor says that the test is satisfactory, and that the planet of Arcadia will now suffer the same fate!
    For every fail, there is an equal and opposite win.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Pip Madeley Guest

A Dalek then teleports into the War Chief's quarters, and kills him before being destroyed himself by Maxil, who heard everything.
    I'd love to have seen that.

Me too.

...Oh, who am I kidding?

Here is the next bit.

The Time War

EPISODE FOUR

Inside the TARDIS, the Doctor and the Master are discussing ways to defeat the Daleks. The Master suggests using the Daleks' Time Destructor against them, thereby destroying the entire Dalek race. The Doctor refuses, saying that such an action would be genocide. Leela reminds him that this is a “Kill or be Killed” situation, and they can't afford to be compassionate and weak. The Master is pleased, and says to the Doctor that for once, he made a good choice of companion. The Doctor is annoyed by this, but concedes that Leela is right, and the Daleks must be destroyed totally and utterly, for the good of the universe.

Meanwhile, on the Dalek Emperor's saucer, the Emperor gives the order to activate a chronon loop around the Doctor's TARDIS. The Daleks do so, and the TARDIS is drawn into the ship. The Doctor emerges, followed by his companions and the Master, and the Emperor taunts the Doctor for being so easy to capture. The Doctor then cuts him off, and launches into a speech about how, since he was so easily captured, logically it should be just as easy to escape. At this point, the Doctor holds up a Time Ring he “acquired” during the Sontaran invasion of Gallifrey, and instructs everyone to hold hands. The Emperor screeches for them to be exterminated, but the Doctor activates the Time Ring and they all disappear, just before the six Daleks surrounding them fire. The energy blasts meet in the middle, and reflect on the Daleks themselves. All six are destroyed.

Back on Arcadia, the Doctor et al reappear. At first, they are disorientated, but this soon clears up as Commander Maxil enters. He bows to Romana, saying that he still recognises her as the true president. The Doctor says that he is glad to have Maxil on his side, just as long as he doesn't try to molecularly disperse anyone this time. The corners of Maxil's lips lift up the tiniest bit, which is probably the nearest he's ever come to smiling. Alimba reminds the Doctor that the Daleks still have the TARDIS, but the Doctor tells her not to worry. Even if they get in, the chronon loop they put around it will render the TARDIS totally inactive. It's useless to them. Leela then suggests that supposing the Daleks destroy the TARDIS when they find out they cannot use it? The Doctor decides that that is a problem, and is just about to think of a solution when Commander Maxil says that the reason he came to find President Romana is to warn her that the Daleks plan to destroy Arcadia with the Time Destructor. It is imperative that they all escape immediately, and evacuate the rest of the Time Lord army. The Doctor says that he can take care of that, and buzzes the sonic screwdriver at a communication console, sounding an alert throughout the planet. However, the Master sarcastically congratulates the Doctor, saying that even now, every TARDIS on the planet will be dematerialising, taking the army to safety, and leaving them with no transport at all. The Doctor says that in that case, he'll just have to build one.

On the Dalek saucer, the Daleks have broken through their own chronon loop, but the TARDIS doors refuse to open. The Emperor orders the Time Destructor to be used immediately, and the Supreme begins the countdown at 400 rels.

In a laboratory, the Doctor has begun constructing a rudimentary TARDIS, that will allow them all to escape the Time Destructor. However, an impasse has been reached, as the Doctor requires a laser light source device to bind the interlocking matrix phases of the outer plasmic shell. The Master picks up a strange device from his pocket, which he calls the “laser screwdriver”. He says “Be honest, who'd have sonic?”

On the Dalek ship, the countdown has reached 200 rels...

The TARDIS is almost complete, except for a dematerialisation circuit. Leela offers to go and find one. The Doctor agrees, and Romana goes with her as the countdown reaches 100 rels...

Leela finds one in an auxiliary store, about 40 rels' walk from the laboratory. Romana says that they need to get out, fast!

The countdown reaches 10 rels, and Leela and Romana return with the circuit. Everyone rushes into the TARDIS, and with 5 rels to go it dematerialises. The Time Destructor then activates, and the planet Arcadia is reduced to dust. The Doctor, watching from the scanner screen, realises that not only is this a mortal blow to the Time Lords' cause, but the Daleks now have his TARDIS, and with it, the secret of dimensionally transcendental time travel...

The universe is doomed...

Next Time: Part III: The Beginning of the End!

...Oh, who am I kidding?