Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Definitive Time War!!!

Right, this is what ACTUALLY HAPPENED in the Time War (according to me). It is in four serials, three with four parts, and one with six parts. So, without further ado, I present Doctor Who: Time War!

The Time War
    PART ONE: FIRST STRIKE

EPISODE ONE

On Gallifrey, the High Council has just ended a session. President Romana returns to her private quarters, where she is greeted by her handmaiden, Alimba. They discuss the recent peace talks with the Daleks. Romana is convinced that no good will come of negotiating with the scum of the universe, but Alimba remains optimistic, saying that a detachment, headed by the Dalek Supreme himself, is coming to Gallifrey to sign a peace treaty for all time in perpetuity. Romana groans, and wishes that the Doctor was around. He knew how to deal with Daleks properly...

After defeating the Vore and bidding farewell to Fitz and Trix, the Doctor decides to set out on his travels once again. However, no sooner has the TARDIS dematerialised than the console room lurches wildly. The Doctor realises that the recall circuit has activated once again. He desperately tries to regain control, but to no avail. The TARDIS finally comes to land with a shudder, and the Doctor tentatively steps outside. He realises he is on Gallifrey, in one of the TARDIS landing bays. President Romana, Alimba and four of the Chancellery Guard enter, and the Doctor greets Romana and compliments her latest incarnation (the fourth to be exact). Romana responds by telling the Doctor he hasn't changed a bit.

The Doctor demands to know why he has been brought here, and Romana orders the guards to leave the room. They do so, and Romana explains that the Daleks have recently approached the Time Lords in a gesture of surrender. They wish for an end to the rivalry between their species, and look forward to a better future working together. The Doctor doesn't believe a word of it, and Romana agrees that she feels the same way. That's why she authorised the recalling of the Doctor's TARDIS, so he could sit in on the meetings with the Daleks. The Doctor protests, claiming he isn't a member of the High Council any more, but Romana tells him that since he is a former President, he is automatically granted a seat whenever he wishes it. Grudgingly, the Doctor agrees to attend the meeting.

Meanwhile, a Dalek ship approaches Gallifrey. The Dalek Supreme is on board, addressing a video link with the Dalek Emperor. The Supreme tells the Emperor that they are now approaching Gallifrey, and will carry out the plan: as soon as they enter the council chamber, exterminate the members of the High Council, then send a signal to the main invasion fleet to come to Gallifrey and destroy the rest of the Time Lords. All of the Daleks then chant “Exterminate!” several times.

Back in the Council Chamber, the Doctor has been dressed in the robes of the Prydonian chapter, as befits him. Just before the meeting is due to start, a woman enters the ante-room the Doctor is in - it is Leela! The Doctor and Leela greet each other as old friends, and K-9 mark 1 trundles along beside her. The Doctor pats K-9 on the head, praising him as “one of his most faithful companions”. Leela seems rather put out by this, but then Romana arrives and informs the Doctor that the meeting is about to begin. They both go into the Council Chamber, where Romana ascends the central podium, the Doctor on her left, and Alimba on her right. The Dalek Supreme is then announced, and he plus three other Daleks enters and takes the floor. The Doctor is noticeably repulsed by their presence. Romana welcomes the Daleks, but the Supreme cuts her off in mid-sentence, proclaiming that Gallifrey must be added to the many worlds of the Dalek Empire. Romana cannot believe what the Supreme is saying, and point-blank refuses. The Supreme says “So be it!” and the four Daleks begin exterminating various Council members. As the Doctor and Romana dive for cover, the Doctor reminds her that Daleks don't talk, they kill...

Quote Originally Posted by shada pavlova View Post
    All of the Daleks then chant “Exterminate!” several times.
    @Shada
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

I'll bring you the next episode tomorrow.

Is there not some way it could appear sooner than tomorrow?

Si.

no.

basically i'm writing one episode a day.

besides, the fact that you want it so soon proves that the first episode was well received!

Pip Madeley Guest

I want the Macra to appear in episode two

I want Leela and Rollo Gamble.

Si.

I'm rather glad to see the namecheck for one of the best, but most unrecognised, companions, namely the ever-faithful Fitz Kreiner.

Not Trix though, she's a bitch - I much preferred Anji!

Leela will be in it for quite a long time, but not the macra. ever.

Right, you've been waiting for it for a long time, but here it is: Part Two!

The Time War

EPISODE TWO

Romana activates her personal transmat, transporting her, the Doctor and Alimba to safety. Just in time, since the Daleks then seal the Council Chamber and exterminate all those who remain. Outside, Romana breaks down into tears, saying that she never thought the Daleks would try anything like this. The Doctor comments on the naïvety of her latest regeneration, then says that they desperately need to work out a plan.

Suddenly, they are joined by Leela, who runs down a corridor to them, out of breath. She is accompanied by K-9. She tells the Doctor that the Daleks are everywhere, and they've all started shooting. The Doctor realises that they must have had units placed in strategic positions ever since they arrived. Leela then breaks down into tears, saying that the Daleks have killed Andred. The Doctor comforts her, and then outlines his plan. They must get back to the TARDIS landing bays, so that they can get out of the Capitol. Romana asks what they will do then. The Doctor replies by saying he'll think of something else when they get there. However, K-9 informs the Doctor that even if they can get to a TARDIS, they cannot leave Gallifrey, as the transduction barrier is still up. The Doctor then decides they must split into two groups. Romana, Alimba and K-9 will secure the TARDIS, whilst he and Leela will get to the transduction barrier control room, and switch it off. They then split up. The Doctor and Leela, as they make their way along, start reminiscing about old times. Leela marvels at the memories of Xoanon, the Rutan and the Sontarans, before the Doctor clamps a hand over her mouth and pulls her into a side corridor as a Dalek goes past. The Doctor rebukes Leela, saying that they mustn't let their minds wander, they must concentrate on their mission.

Meanwhile, Romana, Alimba and K-9 are also hiding from a passing Dalek. Romana thinks aloud that they need some method of fighting back, and then has a flash of inspiration. She tells K-9 to alter the frequency of his laser to work on dalekanium-polycarbide alloy, which he does. The next time a Dalek passes by, K-9 shoots at it and it explodes. Romana (predictably) says “Good boy, K-9!”

Back with the Doctor and Leela, they have almost reached the transduction barrier control room. The Doctor peers through a window, and then quickly ducks out of sight. Leela whispers why they are hiding, and the Doctor says that the Dalek Supreme is in there. Leela suggests an all-out attack, and the Doctor remarks with a grin that that's more like the “old” Leela. The Doctor says that they must try to get in there without being noticed. Leela asks how, and the Doctor says that he has an idea...

Romana & co. are still trying to reach the TARDIS landing bays. Suddenly, they are noticed by another Dalek, who shouts “Emergency! Emergency!” before K-9 shoots it. Romana is worried now, as that Dalek may have raised the alarm. Nevertheless, they continue on...

The Doctor's “idea” is to capture and kill two Daleks, and get inside the casing. They will then take the Daleks' places without arousing suspicion. Leela is incredulous, she cannot believe that this will work. The Doctor tells her it's worked before...

On the Dalek ship, a Dalek picks up an emergency signal from the Dalek that K-9 destroyed. The message is relayed to the Dalek Supreme, who realises that this must mean that the President is still alive. He issues an order to all Daleks on Gallifrey: their priority is to kill President Romana.

Meanwhile, the Doctor and Leela, inside two Dalek casings, enter the control room. In a Dalek monotone, the Doctor tells the Supreme that he brings a message directly from the Dalek Emperor. The Supreme is to return to their ship immediately. The Supreme demands identification, and the Doctor hesitates. The Supreme then realises that the Doctor is an impostor, and orders them exterminated. Leela, however, has worked out how to fire the laser cannon, and does so, killing all the Daleks except the Supreme, who temporally shifts away. Leela and the Doctor then jump out of the casings, and the Doctor goes over to the control panel. With horror, he realises that a stray laser beam must have hit the controls, and they are now broken and useless. Even if Romana and the others get to the TARDIS, they will still be trapped on Gallifrey...

A quick question - it's mentioned that Romana is on her fourth incarnation in this story. Who did you have in mind as playing her? I need a visual reference point and I was thinking either Moira Stewart or Donna Summer.

Si.

She still looks like Lalla Ward in my mind. Basically I have no idea.

I like the cliffhanger and the K9 action!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

oh, there'll be better cliffhangers to come!

Hooray!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I aim to please.

Am I wrong to be holding out for my favourite silver giants a bit later?

Si.

Oh, most certainly.

However, fans of Omega and Rassilon (what am I saying?) may want to stay tuned...
    Last edited by shada pavlova; 22nd May 2008 at 1:28 PM.

And now, Time War: First Strike, Episode Three!

The Time War

EPISODE THREE

Fortuitously, Romana and Alimba have reached the TARDIS and go inside. Alimba criticises its antiquity, as it is a type 40. Even the interior décor is rubbish, in her opinion, so Alimba twiddles a few controls. There is a blinding flash of light, and when it subsides, the console room looks completely different (the new series interior). Romana tries to dematerialise, but the TARDIS simply refuses. Romana realises that the transduction barrier must still be up, and K-9 confirms this.

Unseen to them, outside, a squad of Daleks surrounds the TARDIS...

Back in the transduction barrier control room, the Doctor desperately tries to repair the control panel, but it is no use. Leela screams, and the Doctor sees that more Daleks are coming. He quickly whips out his sonic screwdriver, and buzzes it at the door, which immediately shuts. The Doctor tells Leela it has been deadlock-sealed. Leela asks what that means, and the Doctor tells her that it means the Daleks can't get in, but they can't get out. He sighs, and mutters that he really needs K-9. Suddenly, he has an idea. “Of course!” he shouts. He then runs over to anther, undamaged control panel and starts pressing buttons.

Inside the TARDIS, the scanner screen suddenly bursts into life, and the Doctor's face appears, amid much static interference. He tells Romana and Alimba that he needs K-9's help. Romana goes to open the door, but when she does, the Daleks outside start shooting. Romana quickly shuts the door, and tells the Doctor that they can't get out. The Doctor says not to worry, he'll see what he can do...

Back on the Dalek ship, the Dalek Supreme re-materialises. He says that their greatest enemy, the Doctor, is also on Gallifrey. The Dalek Emperor says that this is excellent, and wants revenge on the Doctor for starting the civil war on Skaro that divided the Daleks into factions (see The Evil of the Daleks).

In the control room, the Doctor explains to Leela that he has set up a crude transmat system. It works by the exchange of matter: one person or object stands at one end, and someone or something else stands at the other end. When the system is activated, the two masses swap their positions. He then tells Leela to stand just in front of the communications console. He then throws a switch and Leela disappears, only to be instantly replaced by K-9.

Inside the TARDIS, Leela appears and is disoriented by the transmat. She looks around, saying that the TARDIS looks a lot different now. Romana realises what the Doctor must have done, and tells Leela to sit down and have a good hard think, because they've got a problem.

In the control room, with K-9's help, the Doctor has repaired the transduction barrier. He then goes over to the communication console and contacts Romana. She says that Leela is quite all right, and the Doctor replies by telling her what he has done. He says to stand by, he's about to switch off the barrier.

Outside in the corridor, a Special Weapons Dalek has arrived. It fires at the door. The Doctor and Leela hear the explosion, and realise that they have only seconds until the Daleks blast through completely. The Doctor switches off the transduction barrier.

Inside the TARDIS, a buzzer sounds. Romana realises that it means the barrier must be down. The TARDIS dematerialises.

In the control room, the Daleks burst into the room. Just at the same moment, the TARDIS re-materialises. The Doctor picks up K-9 and flings him inside, before jumping in himself. Inside, he tells Romana to materialise the TARDIS in geostationary orbit around Gallifrey. Romana does so, and they all look at the scanner, which shows the entire Dalek fleet descending to the surface. The Doctor realises that he's made a terrible mistake. By turning off the transduction barrier, not only did he allow the TARDIS to leave the planet, but he allowed the Dalek fleet to land! Gallifrey is now doomed, and it's all the Doctor's fault!

What a buffoon - the Doctor really should have seen that one coming!

Nice explaining away the new console room by the way!

The Dalek Emperor says that this is excellent, and wants revenge on the Doctor for starting the civil war on Skaro that divided the Daleks into factions (see The Evil of the Daleks).
    Some people always hold a grudge don't they!

Si.

oh, i'll be explaining away quite a few things in the 15 episodes still remaining!

I like the destruction of Gallifrey being the Doctor's fault (if that's what's coming). I notice the hamfisted old fool has kept that fact conveniently quiet over the past few years.

I'm confused about the transduction barrier - how did the Dalek Supreme get back to his ship if the barrier is still in place , and why didn't Romana just take the TARDIS to the transduction barrier room (since she's not trying to leave Gallifrey, the barrier wouldn't stop her ) ?

Nice red hot Dalek action though
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    I'm confused about the transduction barrier - how did the Dalek Supreme get back to his ship if the barrier is still in place , and why didn't Romana just take the TARDIS to the transduction barrier room (since she's not trying to leave Gallifrey, the barrier wouldn't stop her ) ?
    spoilsport. I just wrote whatever came into my head at the time.

anyway, Episode Four will be up in a few hours.

Right, sorry for the delay, but I had computer troubles. Anyway, here is the concluding part of Time War: First Strike!

The Time War
    Part One: First Strike

EPISODE FOUR

The Doctor runs off into the depths of the TARDIS. Leela goes to follow him, but Romana holds her back, telling her to give him time to cool of, and then think of a plan. Romana then thinks to herself that he'd BETTER come up with a new plan, or they're all finished...

Inside the Capitol, the Chancellery Guard are fighting back against the Daleks. Commander Radux orders his men to open fire on a Dalek squad down the corridor. There is a lot of shooting, but eventually the Daleks are all dead. Radux orders what is left of his men to fall back to the TARDIS landing bays. They must defend those at all costs...

Romana finally finds the Doctor in the Cloister room. He is sitting on the edge of the Eye of Harmony, sulking. Romana explains to him that he must put the mistake behind him, and think of a new plan to defeat the Daleks, just like old times. Invigorated, the Doctor jumps up and heads back to the console room and tells K-9 to open up a communications channel with the Capitol. Commander Radux appears on the scanner screen. He says that most of the Time Lords escaped to PanCredula, their colony on the other side of Gallifrey. Romana tells the Commander that they will met him there, but just then, a cry of “Exterminate!” rings out, and Commander Radux's skeleton glows for a second before he falls to the ground, dead. Alimba remarks that even Time Lords cannot survive a Dalek's laser gun. There will be no more regenerations for him...

On the other side of Gallifrey, in PanCredula (which is almost exactly like the Capitol), the TARDIS materialises. They all stride out, looking confident. Captain Subfrax bows to President Romana and tells her that they have 2,000,000 citizens of the Capitol here, and 4,000,000 other Gallifreyans in here. Alimba remarks that it is like a refugee camp. The Doctor says that they've got to get all these people off the planet before the Daleks find this place. Captain Subfrax says it's impossible. They haven't got the means or the time. The Doctor rolls his eyes, saying that they are Time Lords! They've got all the time in the universe! He runs into the TARDIS with K-9, and it dematerialises. Leela wonders aloud what his plan is, but suddenly space-time starts to warp and wobble around them. Romana cries out in pain, but then it suddenly stops. Leela looks out of a window, and sees familiar roundels. The Doctor has materialised the TARDIS around the whole of PanCredula!

In the console room, the Doctor give a triumphant laugh. He tells K-9 that he hasn't tried materialising around something since that business with Logopolis. K-9 does not understand, so the Doctor tells him that he'll tell K-9 all about it someday...

In PanCredula, Romana wonders aloud why the Doctor did this, when suddenly, on every single television screen, the Doctor's face appears. He says “Calling the Dalek Emperor's central command ship. This is the Doctor.” The face on the screens changes to that of the Emperor. He claims that all the Time Lords will be exterminated. The Doctor says that the Emperor's got to find them first. The Emperor claims that he knows of the existence of PanCredula, and has known of it ever since its construction. Romana cannot believe this, but Leela says that the Daleks must have been planning this for a long time, and placed spies in the Capitol. Romana asks who in the universe would think of allying themselves with such creatures. Everybody looks at her...

On the Dalek Emperor's ship, the Emperor says he will destroy PanCredula with a Dalek Blockbuster Bomb (see The Dalek Invasion of Earth). There is a huge explosion, and the TARDIS shakes with the impact. However, everyone is unharmed. The Doctor laughs at the Dalek Emperor, saying that Blockbuster Bombs are useless against a TARDIS. It is completely impregnable. The Emperor agrees, saying that if it impossible for the explosion to get in, it must be equally impossible for one to get out. With that, he shuts off communication. The Doctor realises what the Emperor must mean: there is a Blockbuster Bomb inside PanCredula!

In PanCredula, Leela discovers an odd object whilst in search of food. It is oblong-shaped, with an odd dial on one side, that is slowly ticking towards a red zone. The Doctor rushes into the room, sees Leela holding the bomb, grabs it, and runs away again. He reaches the console room just as the needle is a millimetre away from the red zone, and flings it out of the door. There is another huge explosion outside. The Doctor says that those bombs were just the first strike. From now on, things will get serious...

The Time War has begun...

Next time, Part Two: The Fall of Arcadia!