Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

@ Ian!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

I heard she had.

Let's ask Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaybee Bailey View Post
    Speaking of Master Plan... isn't the bulk of it set in the year 4000? Because I'm sure he says he comes from 'thousands of years' before then.
    Yup. Steven's from the late 2000s, IIRC, so is, as Sara points out when scoffing at his idea for powering the core, somewhat equivalent to a Roman offering to use a treadmill to light a bulb in the 20th century.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Well to be fair they never went anywhere where he needed to use his piloting skills, did they?

Si xx
    While this is true, you might have expected him to remember what an airlock is for in Galaxy 4. Instead he tries to lock himself in one and is rather upset when Maaga starts pumping out the air, as if it hadn't occurred to him, a space pilot, that an airlock might just have that capability.

Ah, thanks Jason, and a good example too. It's the inconsistency in the character which annoys me, although I suppose I could make the same complaint about Dodo's accent or a hundred other things. I just think they could have done a bit more with Steven's future knowledge.

I've got another idea! Preventing the death of Douglas Adams so he could write some of the new series.

S.P, that's the best thing you've said on these boards!

Not being funny, but it's a great idea apart from having to remorage Jonathan Ross in order to afford him, and needing to account for his ability to miss deadlines like there's more tomorrow.

It might be a good idea to try and persuade JNT to wait until he started working on season 22 before deciding on Colin's character, rather than the last four episodes of 21, to get all the stranulation and some of the arrogance ironed out; and also to tone down the elements in season 22 that Michael Grade objected to. He'd have still found some stick to beat the series with most likely, but it might have avoided the furore that surrounded the following eighteen months; and we might have got more Colin and a longer season 23. Those who don't appreciate Sylvester might have had something to cheer about as well...

I'd like to go back and be an eye witness, just a face in the crowd, on the evening they filmed Hartnell's regeneration, and just find time to take him aside and tell him that 40 years and more later, people will still be loving and watching his show.

Pip Madeley Guest

just find time to take him aside and tell him that 40 years and more later, people will still be loving and watching his show.
    Maybe while you're there you can tell him to get someone to do him a film recording of what he's just finished filming.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I'd like to go back and be an eye witness, just a face in the crowd, on the evening they filmed Hartnell's regeneration, and just find time to take him aside and tell him that 40 years and more later, people will still be loving and watching his show.
    Awwww...... What a lovely thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    and also to tone down the elements in season 22 that Michael Grade objected to. He'd have still found some stick to beat the series with ...

I don't think that would of made much of a difference, Michael Grade, has admitted that he did/dose not like sci-fi in general so regardles of the personal problems he had with Colin Baker and the quallity of the stories in season 22 chances are Doctor Who would still of been axed.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post

just expanding on that a little I'd to go back to that point just to find out who it was who actualy came up with the idea of regeneration.

I asked this question on the old BBC forums and the legend that is Andrew Pixley, replied saying that no one has ever officialy been credited with the idea.

Wouldn't it be great if you could go back, and watch the very first episode, without knowing what was coming - having never really not known that the TARDIS is bigger on the inside, I'd love to know just what my reaction would have been if I'd come to that moment in episode 1 completely ignorant.