Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Step Back In Time

If you could go back in time to witness or change any moment in Doctor Who history, what would it be and why?

Si.

The obvious answer for me would be to go back in time to the junking of the Doctor Who & other programmes & then prevent them being destroyed.

Other than that I'd probably go back & give myself some advice on how to handle situations that I know are coming up in the future.
    (Might even give myself some lottery numbers).

Pip Madeley Guest

Obvious answer:

I'd go back to late 1974 and give the prat who wiped the master tapes of "Fury" a cockslap.

WhiteCrow Guest

Probably go back to see just how many Doctors past and future Katy Manning slept with.

3 ...oops!

obviously the boring answer would be to stop the missing episodes being junked so I'm going to be different and chose some thing else.

Given the chance I'd go back to 1985/86 and make the sure that the originaly planned season 23 was made because in short Colin, was treated so badly and never given any kind of decent chance. Trial of A Time Lord despite my misgivings about it would then of become season 24 in which the 6th Doctor, would of had a propper regeneration at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Obvious answer:

I'd go back to late 1974 and give the prat who wiped the master tapes of "Fury" a cockslap.
    Didn't realise you were into that sort of thing
    Last edited by Zbigniev Hamson; 31st May 2008 at 1:09 PM. Reason: to add the all-important smiley face that I forgot the first time :)

I'd probably go back to 1973 and say to Roger Delgado "don't get in that car". Not only would a really nice bloke's life been saved but it would also have profoundly affected the whole future shape of the series.

Or I'd ensure that Hartnell really did get written out in the Celestial Toymaker. Not because I hated him but because, again, that would have set an entirely different precedent for the idea of regeneration and again given us a totally different series.

Mind you... I suppose that's more of an interesting experiment than something I would really want to happen.

I think I'd nip back to 2004/5 and convince Christopher Eccleston to at least give us one more year .... even half a season more!!

Failing that, I'd somehow shift the New Series back into the 90s (or at least the announcement that was to be a new series) so that JNT didn't go to his grave thinking that he killed Doctor Who.
    I liked the guy (despite him not being the best producer ever) he did a lot for Doctor Who after 1989 before he died. I hate to watch that interview where he's worried that he will go down in history as the man who killed Doctor Who.

I'm being greedy I know, but my third answer (rather predictably) would be to do whatever it takes to stop the embarrasment that is 'Battlefield' from ever having been made!!!!

But if it wasn't Battlefield then it would be another story. We have to have the crap ones in order to appreciate how good the good ones are.

I'd go back to the production of season 16 and persuade the powers that be that Tom Baker should actually leave.
    Yes I know that's shocking from the point of view that the next two seasons are my big favourites, but I think it would be very interesting to find out what kind of show would have followed. We'd have had Graham Williams' choice of a new lead actor, and one who would probably be easier to control and someone Williams would get on with. We'd have had a new Doctor created by the dream team of Adams and Williams which would be a very exciting prospect and a very different future for the show. I find this idea very exciting!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Bit of a shock choice from Si there!

I'd probably go back to 1973 and say to Roger Delgado "don't get in that car". Not only would a really nice bloke's life been saved but it would also have profoundly affected the whole future shape of the series.
    I agree totally! Hurrah!

I would go back to 1989 and wait for Andrew Clancy to turn up to sabotage the making of "Battlefield". I'd then wrestle him to the ground and we'd go spinning back to the present while Season 26 continued as intended, Shou Young's red tights and all.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Bit of a shock choice from Si there!

I agree totally! Hurrah!

I would go back to 1989 and wait for Andrew Clancy to turn up to sabotage the making of "Battlefield". I'd then wrestle him to the ground and we'd go spinning back to the present while Season 26 continued as intended, Shou Young's red tights and all.

Si.
    No.................not the red tights!!!!

I have to say that I would be very determined in my mission Mr Hunt!!!
    Just think of it: No "BOOOOOOM"; no "I HEEAAARRRRR YOOOOOUUUU"; no "THERE WHEEL BEEE NO BAAAATLE HEAAARRRRR": No "Oh Shame" and no Brigadier with a matress stuffed up his jumper!!!!

Bliss!!!!

Incidentaly, I agree with your point Tim; but I have to say that there is 'crap' and then several fathams below that there is 'Battlefield'!!!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    Didn't realise you were into that sort of thing
    I'm not, sorry to disappoint you

I'm not sure why I found that so funny, but I did

I like the idea of Tom leaving at the end of Season 16. It would have been a grand finale to the "Key To Time" saga too.

I would go into the FUTURE and hypnotise Steven Moffat into making ME the 11th Doctor Who.

My rather odd and seemingly insignificant wish (insignificant in as far as the series was concerned, anyway) would be to somehow go back and prevent JN-T's passing. Maybe it's a bit selfish but I'd just LOVE to have seen what he'd have made of the New Series, and also to have him still involved in the Classic Series DVD's.

I'd go back and invent the internet early, so we could have online forums discussing the classic series as it happened. Imagine that: 'This Tom Baker guy is a right clown, he'll never last....'

I think I'd go back to 1966 and remind the production team that Steven Taylor was supposed to be a space pilot from the future, a fact which they seemed to forget between series two and three. I don't want to change a huge amount, but it just bugs me a little that after 1965 he could have been anyone from present day Earth.

Pip Madeley Guest

I think I'd go back to 1966 and remind the production team that Steven Taylor was supposed to be a space pilot from the future
    He uses his space-age knowledge of futuristic-type science in The Daleks' Master Plan when he's experimenting with the taranium that almost kills him... but yes, he never really used his piloting skills again.

Well to be fair they never went anywhere where he needed to use his piloting skills, did they?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Speaking of Master Plan... isn't the bulk of it set in the year 4000? Because I'm sure he says he comes from 'thousands of years' before then.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Thompson View Post
    I'd go back and invent the internet early, so we could have online forums discussing the classic series as it happened. Imagine that: 'This Tom Baker guy is a right clown, he'll never last....'

All my ideas have already been done. Especially saving Delgado & Tom finishing at S16.

I think i'd just have to go back & somehow make sure they didn't cast Tennant, or get Eccleston to stay on a bit.

Captain Tancredi Guest

"Sophie, please just sleep with him once. You'll save a lot of people having to read some really bad books if nothing else".