Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Based on Captain Jack taking Martha off & saying something like "you could do better than UNIT" or something like that. I can't remember the exact words. And then Mickey ran to catch them up & Jack said something about Mickey joining them. But whether that was just on the walk or permanently I don't know, but I'd like to see Mickey go to Torchwood.

I'm just wondering why the Doctor dropped them all there anyway. Clearly it's near enough to Ealing for SJS to run home, so how are Jack & Martha going to get back to Wales and New York?

I'm just wondering why the Doctor dropped them all there anyway.
    He probably dumped them all in Aberdeen, as is traditional!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I bet Sarah gets home to find Luke and K9 have had a big party and trashed the place!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Based on Captain Jack taking Martha off & saying something like "you could do better than UNIT" or something like that. I can't remember the exact words. And then Mickey ran to catch them up & Jack said something about Mickey joining them. But whether that was just on the walk or permanently I don't know, but I'd like to see Mickey go to Torchwood.

not sure that's going to happen apparantley Noel Clarke, has said that he wanted some closure on his character Mickey, and that he won't be going to Torchwood.

Nabbed from sirkobble on Roobarbs....

Concrete Series 3 details:

- 5 episodes, 60 minutes each rather than 45.

- Spring 2009 transmission.

- Euros Lyn to direct all five episodes.

- Peter Bennett is the new producer.

- Russell T Davies is the new showrunner and has written 3.1.

- James Moran writing 3.3, and John Fay (Mobile/Coronation Street/Robin Hood) writing 3.2, 3.4 and 3.5. Fay was originally only down to do two so I'm assuming Davies himself dropped one.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

- Russell T Davies is the new showrunner and has written 3.1.
    So not entirely gone then?

Fay was originally only down to do two so I'm assuming Davies himself dropped one.
    Parp!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    So not entirely gone then?
    Indeed. I thought the BBC were desperate to bring him onboard to write lots of new drama, and only used Doctor Who as a dangling carrot?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Hmm, well if he's building up BBC Wales as a drama powerhouse, taking Torchwood out of the hands of Chris Chibnall could be seen as an essential step.

True.

So he's leaving Doctor Who to do all kinds of new ideas for drama.... like Torchwood.

Si.

He's leaving Doctor Who, and someone else is "leaving" Torchwood. Unfortunately not Gareth David-Lloyd-David-Lloyd or Barr-O-Man.......

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...cle1467855.ece

FUMING Torchwood bosses have been forced to tear up scripts for the show after star Freema Agyeman defected to ITV.

Scriptwriters spent months writing gripping storylines for Freema, 29 — who was a central character in the spin-off show.

But now the former Doctor Who star has been ditched from the five-part BBC mini-series — after agreeing to do ITV’s new British version of US crime series Law and Order.

The move is believed to have annoyed Torchwood creator and executive producer Russell T Davies.

It was him who gave Freema her big break in Doctor Who, playing scientist Martha Jones.

An insider said: “This has really mucked things about. We’ve had to go back and re-edit loads of scripts because she’s not going to be in it.”

The source added that the fact she signed for ITV added insult to injury.

They added: “They’re the Beeb’s bitter rival, so the fact she’s going over there to star in a big new project has not gone down well at all.

The BBC said in an official statement: “As with any drama in the early stages of production, scripts evolve and change on a daily basis before being finalised.”

Freema — who was plucked from obscurity to be Doctor Who’s assistant in series three — is expected to play a prosecutor in Law and Order: London.

ITV bosses have high hopes for the adaptation of the Five hit — breaking with tradition to order a long run of about a dozen episodes.

They will start filming the show in the autumn with an “enormous cast”.

I bet he literally tore them up, because all scripts these days are written on paper and if she suddenly pulled out he probably had to tear up a whole jotter pad of his scribblings.

I don't get this though - why does her doing an ITV series rule her out of contract? I wasn't AWARE of a rule that said you couldn't film things for two different channels in the same year. Wasn't she under contract? If not, serves them right for not signing her up before writing the episodes.

But I doubt any of that is true anyway.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I wasn't AWARE of a rule that said you couldn't film things for two different channels in the same year.
    It didn't stop 'Mine All Mine' being made!

Wasn't she under contract?
    This is the crux of the matter, isn't it? Obviously not, and it raises the question, why write loads of scripts featuring a character you haven't secured yet? Looks to me like the Beeb f***ed up, and reading between the lines, you can't really blame Freema after some of the treatment she appears to have gotten from them ("being dropped" stories in the media, etc).

Oh, and apparently the ITV show is being written by the Chinball Wizard......

Wonder if they'll be creating a new character to replace her, or beefing up Mickey's role (is he definitely doing it?).

If he doesn't get a better offer first!

I don't think you can blame Freema for having a career. It's not as if she's swanned off to do Hamlet or something!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I don't think you can blame Freema for having a career. It's not as if she's swanned off to do Hamlet or something!!
    No, but the Beeb are notiously unforgiving about defectors and what immediate gain she might have will soon fade when she finds herself blacklisted.

Well made, memorable drama just isn't ITV's forte. The good stuff is almost always on the Beeb, with a few exceptions, I'm sure (I just can't think of any right now, but there must be some.)

It's not as if, IMO at least, she's a particularly strong actress to take such a risk.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Equally, if she's not that strong an actress then she may well be best advised to make hay while the sun shines and people are interested in her- an order for twelve episodes suggests a better contract and more money than a shortened season of Torchwood with no guarantee of work afterwards.

Isn't Freema doing 'Survivors' for the Beeb though?
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Yes, but that's being filmed now. It looks to me as though she was only on this one contract & has signed for ITV for her next project.

Pip Madeley Guest

Episode title:

Issue #8 of Torchwood Magazine has confirmed that Children of Earth will be the title of the five-part Series Three story.

In other news, the principal photography for Series Three began on 18th August.

"Children of Earth" - it's not a Silurian/Sea Devil story is it? I can certainly picture Sea Devils emerging en masse from the waters of Cardiff Bay...

The title doesn't grab me. It could mean anything.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Photo:

I wonder if it's the Myrka?