3051-Nov 78

3069-Dec 78

3140-April 79

3254-Jan 80

3295-April 80

3359-Sept 80

3531-Nov 81

3533-Nov 81

The third disc features an edited omnibus edition from 1976-the episodes themselves do not survive individually. It woud appear many episodes overlap the previous dvds

A shame there was nothing from 82-88 or indeed the revamps,but hopefully vols 4 and 5 will rectify this

Nov 81 was when Meg left wasn't it - the Fire episode was on volume 2 wasn't it? So are 3531 and 3533 the episode immediately after, and then the QE2 one?

No idea what the other ones are - the only 'big' storylines I remember from the 70s are when Benny was on the run (for a murder he didn't commit, which incidentally gave me a mini-phobia around sinks for absolutely years after) and Iris Scott accusing Arthur Brownlow of raping her.

Well it must be Megs final regular episode as the synopsis mentions Jill headin to Southampton;this and the extra features concentrate on Noele Gordon's departure

I would have thought that the QE2 episode was a bit of a must include this time round, though i was hoping for the Venice Honeymoon episode where Jill and Adam meet Meg a couple of years later. I'd love to see that one again.

Lets hope we get some Nicola Freeman era stuff sometime soon too. there's some good episodes from that era I'd like to see.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Done the first disc and episode 1304 is the strongest.Interestingly it's written by Philip Hinchcliffe...

Interestingly the episodes seem to follow on from Vol 1

Bizzarely two episodes open with a pair of hands knittingthis is in fact Mrs Cherry;a seemingly unheard of character who basically serves to link the shows and fill in the viewers on what has gone down before.It appears to be Ann George knitting,but the voice remains unknown to this day...

Mrs Cherry apparantly lasted less then 6months...

The extras are great too the Format V show is great as it showcases Noele Gordon in interview mode

I've finished the first disc and found it to be very enjoyable, especially the Format V thing, Nolly certainly holds her own against the critics.
    I've a great fondness for Crossroads, I grew up with it, it would be on just as I was coming home from school, as my gran and my auntie liked it I was a captive audience, it would be on while we were having tea and that was that.
    In fact, my memories of Crossroads are less vague than some of the memories I have of Troughton's Dr. Who from the same time.

I started with disc 2, wanting see the stuff fomr the immediate aftermath of the fire, and it was very good too. I was particuarly pleased to realise that when writing the Clear waters scenes I'd obviously unconsciously been influenced by much of this storyline!

Ronald Allen is marvellous!

Si xx

There are rumours that the first two episodes of Crossroads have turned up in the Anglia TV region although they have yet to be returned if they do indeed exist...Fingers crossed

WhiteCrow Guest

Is something a "lost classic" simply because it is lost?

I remember listening to audio tapes of Tomb of the Cybermen, and when I finally saw the rediscovered classic, somehow it failed to match the picture my imagination had painted of it.

I remember once I went outside and it was raining, so I went back inside and put on a coat.

Vol 4 has been delayed(no real surprises there )

On a side note on ITV1 at 9-25 Paul Henry,Tony Adams,Jane Rossington and Susan Hanson(the first time she's publicly spoken about Crossroads since 1987 ) will be appearing on Thats What I Call Television...

Vol 4 has been despatched

A quick glance at this reveals possibly Doris Luke's debut and Jenny "Revelation Of The Daleks" Tomasin putting in appearances.

The extras are more spartan,the Roger Tongue "tribute" is short and to the point,and the axing of the Hunters/Banks takes the form of a newsclip.Bizzarely,the introduction of Dee Hepburn is covered,particularly when she doesnt even appear on the episodes

Episode listing is as follows:

499 from September 1969(its the only b/w episode and at least two more exist so heres hoping they make vol 5)

1756 from August 1972

2173 from August 1974

2973 from April 1978

3044 from October 1978

3079 from December 1978

3100 from January 1979

3101 from January 1979

3203 from October 1979

3204 from October 1979

3207 from November 1979

3364 from October 1980

I got mine today too. I made Steve watch the last episode on the collection. I'm not sure either of us were all that impressed!

Si xx

Im savin vol 4 til christmas then im having a marathon and watching all the episodes

There are strong rumours that Network plan to release every existing episode of Crossroads on dvd

Well if other soaps can do it, I dpon't see why Crossroads should be any different. I would like to see some more episodes from a bit later on though- some of the ones I actually remember seeing would be nice!

Si xx

I demand more Amy Turtle-she's a motel legend

And Network are missing out by not doing commentarys I think,especially given that the total length of extras on vol 4 ran to just over 10mins

Yeah, that's not nearly as impressive as the last few releases extras have been. Ah well.

I've just been watching Doris Luke go mad and steal Glenda's baby on YouTube. One of my strongest memories of the original series that one!

Si xx

It's quite nice to see a couple of consecutive episodes on the list (Jan 79 and again in Oct 79) so that you can somewhat find out 'what happened next'. Although I enjoyed watching the episodes on volumes 1 and 2 there was a sense of wanting to follow the storylines for a bit, rather than just 1 isolated episode.

Also, I agree with Si that it'd be nice to see some later episodes - it did run until 1988 after all!

I suspect the majority of volumes will be Meg-centric as this would obviously be a good selling point;there are plenty of nominations for later episodes including:

Anything with Valerie Pollard
    The Hunters' departure
    Nicola Freeman's debut
    Arthur Brownlow's death
    Diane's death
    The final episode
    Sharon Metcalfe's last episode
    The Iris "phantom pregnancy" saga

Plus theres selected episodes from the remakes...

Jenny Tomasin has just turned up as receptionsist Florence!

Si xx

Crossroads is at its best when Meg is going through the wringer over Sandy's accident;strange that so many associated episodes exist yet the actual accident episode doesn't

Jill in court and subsequently absconding are the best episodes on this release;interesting guest stars with a glam Lynda "Captain Wrack" Baron and Jenny "Tasambeker" Tomasin to name but 2.Added to this a rather bizarre and frankly ludicrous suggestion that Doris and Shughie are dating and ultimately bizzare dialogue from Meg-"thats the fourth most incredible thing i've ever heard-I can't remember the other three),and the moment in the final episode where a picture falls from the wall as Glenda closes the door,make this a better release then vol 3 showcasing the good and the bad(step forward Reg Cotterill) of the motel

The whole of what's left of Crossraods is on it's way to DVD!

The next batch of Crossroads DVDs will be on sale exclusively from the Network DVD website, and the first will cost £12.99 for sixteen episodes. A UK soap first, although last year it was announced classic 'Aussie' Grundy soap, Prisoner: Cell Block H would be getting the same treatment.

Network state: "January 28th sees the first of our ongoing releases of every remaining Crossroads episode, in order. These numbered two-disc sets will contain episodes previously released so as to provide as complete a picture as possible of the ongoing saga of the residents of the Crossroads Motel."

Previous editions of Crossroads had been onsale online and in retailers HMV, Virgin Megastores and MVC. So far four volumes of classic moments from the 1960s, 70s and 80s have been released. Concerns were raised however that that the core audience for Crossroads - the more mature generation - would not be aware that the soap is on DVD. Many don't shop in music stores, nor do they 'log on' to the internet. So this latest 'online only' deal certainly won't reach the majority of the fans.

Fans have also raised concerns over the 'extras', stating that £20 (the usual price of these new DVD releases) is quite expensive for just 16-20 minute programmes, if there isn't to be any further extras included. However, either way, it is great Network DVD have yet again taken the time and effort to look at Crossroads as a viable release. We are just concerned the majority of fans won't know about the DVDs.
    Si xx

I hope this includes the Central episodes from the 80s

This aside I doubt I will be buyin these(certainly not until I've got all of Cell Block H) anyway;rumour has it only 8 episodes from the 60s survive