Rosemary is really tightening the screws on Chris & Diane - and she's relishing every moment! She reminds me a lot of Servalan (minus the camp costumes!)

Benny is still in hiding - there's wasn't even any on-location videotape of him scampering around in the woods today!

It's fair to say Rosemary is going way OTT now. Her determination to see Chris not get his hands on his inheritance is very scary!

Benny is still on the run - and the sniffer dogs are closing in. I hope he's caught soon - there's only one and a half discs left!!

Come on Benny - turn yourself in. We all know you didn't do it. Well apart from Sharon - but she could easily be persuaded! Diane's even resorted to searching the canal banks for you. Canals are dangerous places in soap land!

So how are Chris & Diane going to null their marriage? Adultery maybe? I'll have an affair with you Chris!

Diane has finally admitted what I've long suspected - she fancies Chris! It's those tight jeans he wears! So the marriage doesn't have to be a fraud after all!

A beer mat has been discovered in the garage. Could it be from the pub that Linda & Colin Dutton went to...

Look who's back - crusty-faced Victor Lee, who's back from oop north. He'll sort things out! I bet he relished this line:-

"What's all this about a murder at my garage?"

Rosemary is in excellent form with Diane. "You DISGUST me" she tells her!

They're doing a lot of trifling and baking in King's Oak. Mr Watkins' shelves are packed with Dream Topping and Homepride self-raising.

Good telephone acting runs in the family. Sandy was at it today, as well as Meg. No-one does it as good as Meg though!

Benny has given himself up - phew! And it looks like he's off the hook. The barman at that country pub gave a good description of Colin - oh, and remembered his name too. That helps! All looks bleak for Mr Dutton.

So here we go with Disc 40. Wow!!

And it's a feel good episode too - just right for Christmas. Minutes before Chris was going to drop his claim for his inheritance, Rosemary dropped her threat of legal action. Brinkmanship at its best! Kennedy & Kruschaev have nothing on this pair! Rosemary is relieved, and is having a morning sherry to celebrate. "I might get a bit tight for the first time in years" she shrieks. Now THAT I would like to see!

Mac & Trina have stopped playing silly beggars too - in fact, he's just proposed! All's well that ends well :-)

Motoring through the last DVD before the year is out, and a double episode this morning!

Poor Sharon is in bits after a car crash (not literally) which saw her escape without a scratch, whereas the other driver went through the windscreen. We didn't see all this of course! Yep in1979 people weren't wearing seatbelts.

Sandy has left for London. I doubt I'll see him again. Farewell Sandy - you were great!

Chris Hunter had a wonderful line regarding the wrath of Meg:-

"One thing about that lady - she really knows how to slap your face from a distance".

Live and learn Chris - live and learn!

Yay - Sue Lloyd's first appearance! Who'd have thought she was Barbara Brady - housekeeper for Lloyd Munro!

Poor old Sharon (again!) The Lady in the other car has died. She's going to have a lot of angst now. I don't think Victor will be able to cope with that!

It's all go at the Motel! Barbara is wiggling her tush at every opportunity whilst "cleaning" (tickling everything with a feather duster) Lloyd's cottage.

Poor Miss Luke is in the General after having falling off a step-ladder, and Victor is highly suspicious of the husband of the dead car crash woman. He came to visit the garage....

Who's this a description of:-

"She's not one of life's beauties, but she has warmth".

That's Cyril Watkins waxing lyrical about Doris Luke, currently residing in the General with a cracked rib, perforated lung & fractured wrist. All down to his ropey step ladder. I can feel a claim coming on!

Victor is a softie deep down - he's given Benny a holiday and Mac a pay rise!

And so that's the end of the official Crossroads boxed set :-( I've thoroughly enjoyed the episodes, even the ropey ones which haven't been that many!

I shall return. Yes one day, I shall return....

Although I haven't contributed to this thread, I was here daily and have really enjoyred reading what you had to say about each episode.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

That's nice to know Duncan - thank you! I thought it was just me, Si & Andrew Curnow!

If you've reached the end of the Box Set that's quite a sad moment, Dave. Surely it deserves one of these:

Definitely a Wings ending Andrew! But fear not, I shall be back soon :-)

I've just been looking for pictures of Meg Richardson and Kitty Jarvis from 1964, which is definitely a first for me. After much thorough searching, you will be pleased to learn that I was eventually successful.

Glad to hear it Dave!

Thanks to a wonderful website (which Si put me on to) I'm reading up on the missing episodes up until I can join them again. So far:-

Benny's won a speedboat
    Sharon got involved with the husband of the woman she accidentally killed in the car crash
    Jill's back (again)
    Barbara Brady (Hunter to be) is a crime novellist
    New character Reg Cotteril is a bible-bashing farmer

and most sensationally of all .... David Hunter wore jeans!! I can't believe these episodes aren't released!!

JEANS?!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    JEANS?!
    Like Ronald Pickup's DW appearance - I'll only believe it when I see it
    Bazinga !

Briefly back at the motel for a dose of Oct 79. Jill Darling has a new hairdo

oh and she's hooked on alcohol and tranquillisers according to the barrister (she's in court for custody of Sarah-Jane). Everything will be okay though - she's being defended by General Von Klinkerhoffen!

Benny has a new friend - Jenny Tomasin. Even in '79 she was portraying weird characters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frau Offermans

Now there's a name to conjure with.

I've been reading a few obits for Jenny Tomasin ( as I've yet to sample the delights of the wonderful Upstairs Downstairs I only knew her from Revelation).

After her starring role in UD it seems that acting work was hard to come by for her. Her message on her answerphone was "if your call is about an offer of work, the answer is yes". Very sad.

Christmas 1979 - yep I've just watched it! Everyone needs a little Christmas :-) But maybe not in February...

Another nip back to the motel. Jill Darling is now resorting to dressing toy rabbits up as Welsh Ladies and making Glenda horrible flowery waistcoats. Come back Adam, all is forgiven!

David is a fast mover. He's just proposed to Babs. You can tell he's smitten

Her lip gloss positively glistened when he popped that question. Something tells me Rosemary isn't going to be over the moon about this.....

TELL ME YOU LOVE ME DAVID

TELL ME!!!!!!

no rosemary

Even when (literally) under fire, David keeps his cool. Rosemary at her gloriously bonkers best (though not as bonkers as Bonkers Bailey of course!)

Just a word about Chester Harriott. A decent piano player, but the strangest guttural singing voice ever! Unforgettable. That's what he is.